Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These Injustice comics are pretty decent for a dollar. I actually really enjoyed the Harley Quinn and Green Arrow issue even though it was realllllly out of place.

Yeah, I was just about to post how much I loved the latest issue (#6). It really helps to paint Superman as a sympathetic villain.

I was listening to Fatman on Batman and Kyle Higgins is looking to make the next few Nightwing story's pretty epic. He was upset there is no definitive Nightwing story and hes looking to change that. Big things coming.

Also Damien's future is looking really grim.

Also Also I enjoyed JLA until the really rushed ending.

PS Also Also there is a upcoming Hawkguy dedicated to Pizza Dog.

Loving the 'Wrath of the First Lantern' arc so far, Green Lantern has really been great.

Batman #17 wasnt the big ending I was suspecing but overall I think the Joker arc has been excellent.

Animal Man Rotworld came to an end in #17, it was a decent effort even with the ending.

Also just received No Mans Land 2-4, can't wait to continue reading.

^ Its good, don't go into expecting classic Joker from the comics though. Its a much more gritty Nolan type Batman, one look at how The Joker is portrayed in this and you'll realise that. Its a good story with beautiful artwork, its no Killing Joke, but its good, 7/10.

Is Brubakers Daredevil run collected? Didn't see anything at the shop last week.

Collected in 3 'Ultimate' volumes. Each volume has something like 15-20 issues in it.

Picked up the final The Question trade I needed to complete my collection, also grabbed The Black Mirror, old Man Logan and Batman: Broken City.

Is Brubakers Daredevil run collected? Didn't see anything at the shop last week.

Collected in 3 'Ultimate' volumes. Each volume has something like 15-20 issues in it.

Picked up the final The Question trade I needed to complete my collection, also grabbed The Black Mirror, old Man Logan and Batman: Broken City.

It is awesome.

It is awesome.

I know! I was salivating waiting for it to be released over here in the UK.

Anyone reading FF or Fantastic Four? FF is really great, I went in thinking i wouldn't like it.

So who is going to replace Damien as Robin?

Ive seen some idea's thrown around and my favorite by far is Squire taking over as Robin. A popular theory online is Harper Row replacing Damien who was seen after the Court of Owl's story. My big question is that is Batman Inc even in continuity? I mean there was never any mention of anything else going on in the Bat Universe other than Damien killing someone.

Superior Spider-Man might be ending around #8 which means i can pick up the book again if it goes back to Amazing Spider-Man. Also Age of Ultron might be a Flashpoint type event.

I just got finished with JLA: Tower of Babel, and I thought it was great. It really shows Batman's paranoia and how much of a control freak he is.

I have been trying to pick this up for quite some time, can never get my hands on it. Glad you enjoyed it.

I think it will likely be Harper Row, personally I hope they dont bring another Robin in, I don't want them churning them out. Could always have Tim Drake or Jason Todd team up with Batman for the short term.

Yeah, I realised after posting, for some reason it skipped backs loads of pages... I thought it was new *sad*. Can pick up Doom for like £15 or get it my other means...

^ Its good, don't go into expecting classic Joker from the comics though. Its a much more gritty Nolan type Batman, one look at how The Joker is portrayed in this and you'll realise that. Its a good story with beautiful artwork, its no Killing Joke, but its good, 7/10.

Sweet, cheers dude. I wanted to get it last year, but I didn't have enough. If they have it this year, I'll probably get it.

I haven't read any recent comics, but I really want to get some old-school Batman storylines and one-shot comics. Ones like The Long Halloween, The Killing Joke, Joker, Batman: Nine Lives, and The Dark Knight Rises.

Sweet, cheers dude. I wanted to get it last year, but I didn't have enough. If they have it this year, I'll probably get it.

I haven't read any recent comics, but I really want to get some old-school Batman storylines and one-shot comics. Ones like The Long Halloween, The Killing Joke, Joker, Batman: Nine Lives, and The Dark Knight Returns.

No problem.

All the comics you listed there are worth a read, some brilliant stories. Would also recommend Year One, Dark Victory, Arkham Asylum, Black Mirror and Hush.

Archived