Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uncanny X-Men is one of my favorite x men runs and so I'm interested in what they do with a reboot.

Is it a remake of the storylines or a continuation from that world?

I have no idea. Most of what I read about it just mentions the release date, atleast the articles I've read.

But knowing Marvel, it'll probably be completely different from the original title. So yeah, it may just be a continuation of that world with a mixture of recognizable X-Men,and possibly some new mutants. But I'm not sure, hopefully more info about it comes out soon from Marvel.

Anyone know when the next Doomsday Clock come out?

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Batman Omnibus Vol. 1 by Grant Morrison. Theres this weird Joker story in it, where its not really in comic book format but like a long story. I flipped through it and it appears to be quite good.

Also got Volume 2 Of Jonathan Hickmans Avengers/New Avengers Run. Includes the death of the multiverse stuff going into Superior Ironman. Secret Wars is excluded for some reason.

Anyone read Marvel 1602?

• 6 months later...

Well, I've been wondering about something, and aside from making an account over at the Technodrome forums or something...

When did the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles get different skin tones? The original comics were black and white, right? The first cartoon had them all look the same. I thought the 2003 series was the first time that they were all different shades of green, but there's an option for it even in the SNES game Turtles In Time.

Anybody use the Inky Pen app on Switch?

There's some good stuff on there if you dig through it all. Lots of "meh" stuff too...but, it's pretty decent for those times when you just want something random to read. My only complaint is that I've had this app since it released in December, and they haven't really added much to it. I understand that they're starting off on shaky ground and they need more subs before they can gain momentum. But...it would certainly be nice to see more new content added on a regular basis. Still, I'm a big Bloodshot fan. And Bloodshot is one of the series that they have a decent selection for. Also, Hellboy. There are some nice IDW and Valiant offerings.

When did the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles get different skin tones?

It's pretty much always been around. It's just one of those things that is left to artistic license of whoever is coloring the imagery or designing the costumes. For example...here is a bit of promotional art from 1987:

ipvTJfM.jpg

• 1 year later...

So mega bump, but apparently there might be something MASSIVE in the works spoilers for Marvel and DC:

In the last issue of Doomsday Clock Dr. Manhatten is predicting the future and talks about a Secret Crisis that has Superman fighting along side Thor and a green behemoth whos stronger then Doomsday. Which is clearly the Hulk. THEN in Thor #2 there is a few panels that refer to other gods, and the picture is clearly Superman flying across Metropolis and then the next panel is clearly Flash, Superman and Green Lantern running along a city and it refers to a Sun god, ocean god, a god of emrald light...etc and refers to that universe being protected by a league of gods. They are gonna do a legit crossover aren't they!?

I don't see it happening. Disney has been really weird since taking over and stopped all crossovers with other publishers. (The only publisher they work with is IDW for kid friendly comics) so I don't see it. I think it's just a handful of guys who're tight, creating buzz for their books to get the sales. It's been great though, and it's possible, and would make sense in the grand scheme of things. Especially with Wally West becoming connected to Dr. Manhattan on the Mobious chair last week, so a speedster who can already travel to Multiverses PLUS now being a God kinda adds up... But, I dunno. Disney being involved these days makes me say it's a hard no.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived