JAPW (Jersey All Pro Wrestling) 19th Anniversary Show *Updated*

Generations

I got home at 2am. Had to travel back North. Got lost briefly too. Lol.

Btw, Jack Evans no-showed. Dude was advertised right up until the event, to my knowledge.

So...did he just bail on his obligation or what?

Proabably had something to do with Lucha Underground.

Although...don't they usually atleast announce "official" stuff like that to the live crowd?

Maybe he did no show

Btw, Jack Evans no-showed. Dude was advertised right up until the event, to my knowledge.

LU tapings started that night, so that's probably why.

LU tapings started that night, so that's probably why.

Still doesn't make sense tho...considering, Ricochet was supposed to be on the card and was specifically pulled for LU tapings. But they said as much. Evans on the other hand, was still advertised. I don't know...just doesn't really seem right.

Its independent wrestling, shit happens all the time.

I know. I get that. I'm just saying...other people pulled from the show and they were announced as having done so. Evans is the only dude where it was never mentioned that he wouldn't be there. Show came and went...and he was nowhere to be seen.

Sounds like a fun show overall. I never watched any of the JAPW stuff from their heyday but the shows they ran last year were fantastic IMO and I was somewhat disappointed that they didn't make it a regular thing but from a business standpoint I guess it does make sense.

Did anyone hear anything about another show or was this their last hurrah?

Did anyone hear anything about another show or was this their last hurrah?

I assume that they will be doing a 20th anniversary show next year. On the facebook page, they thanked the family of Fat Frank for being strong, and one of the things said was "To Jenn, Jake and Gianna, thank you for being super courageous on the most difficult night we have ever had. Jake, your hired for the next show!"

Yeah...they seem like one of those organizations that would rather go all-out and really treat their fans to a great show than actually make money. I don't see how they could have the names they have and actually make any profit at all. Just seems like a labor of love to me...which really makes me love it even more.

It's probably better to run a few times a year rather than monthly from a financial standpoint as well. A random show in April headlined by Chris Dickinson vs. Joey Janela could draw a few hundred people, but a once a year supercard with stuff like Rey/Low Ki is guaranteed to fill the building. It's more expensive but less risky when you look at how many indy promotions are running the New Jersey area on a regular basis.

Yeah...they seem like one of those organizations that would rather go all-out and really treat their fans to a great show than actually make money. I don't see how they could have the names they have and actually make any profit at all. Just seems like a labor of love to me...which really makes me love it even more.

This is exactly the case as ive had family work backstage in the company and its never been about money to JAPW but just to be the best. I dont know if they still sell all their old dvds but id recommend all of it. JAPW introduced me to so many guys on WWEs roster right now when they were on the indys.

I have a few of their old DVDs...I think they only offer a few of them on the official website right now...but I've picked some up from other sources in the past. I definitely want to buy the 19th anniversary on dvd or blu ray if they ever release it. They did tape the whole event...and they currently have the 18th anniversary for sale...so I think they will.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived