JAPW (Jersey All Pro Wrestling) 19th Anniversary Show *Updated*

Generations

Rey Mysterio vs. Low Ki, a match WWE was looking at doing in 2009, will take place on November 14th for Jersey All Pro Wrestling. WWEs original idea was for Low Ki to come in as a masked adversary of Mysterio, but when Mysterio got hurt, Ki came in through NXT as Kaval.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/various-news-lucha-underground-update-mysterio-vs-low-ki-booked-more/

I didn't mind the stuff he did on NXT, cause he ended up winning it anyway. But his run on SmackDown was super disappointing though. Part of me still wishes he had left Survivor Series that year as IC champ when he faced Ziggler, maybe he wouldn't have quit after that.

Been a JAPW fan since 1999 so its cool to see them still around. That company gave me so many great memories and i got to see so many wrestlers in person that i see on tv now. Truly a top tier indy company.

Low-Ki vs Mysterio sounds really cool.

Woah, how old are you? I was always under the impression that you were like 18-20.

Anyways, this show sounds pretty cool. lol'd at the old Konnan and Jack Evans render though.

Been a JAPW fan since 1999 so its cool to see them still around. That company gave me so many great memories and i got to see so many wrestlers in person that i see on tv now. Truly a top tier indy company.

Low-Ki vs Mysterio sounds really cool.

Woah, how old are you? I was always under the impression that you were like 18-20.

Anyways, this show sounds pretty cool. lol'd at the old Konnan and Jack Evans render though.

25 lol. My family had strong ties to JAPW at one point so ive been around it since it was a small company. But yeah ive been a fan since i was a kid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, this is next week now. Pretty excited. It will be my first indy show. Apparently Ricochet got pulled because he has obligations to Lucha Underground (does that mean they're shooting season two?)...also, LAX will be facing this team named EYFBO, who I had never heard of. I looked them up and they seem like they put on some pretty solid matches. And more people are going to be there at vendor tables (selling their merch, I guess)...those people are: "Carlito, Christy Hemme, Brooke, Jazz, April Hunter, Snitsky, Powers of Pain, Kristal Marshal, Cherry, and more to be announced".

Yeah, LU S2 shooting just started.

Maybe I'll go to this, haven't gone to an indy show in a while. Last one was around Cheistmas time last year, RVD & AJ Styles put on the worst match I've ever seen. But yeah, I remember my first show, definitely go. You'll have fun regardless of who's on the card.

Just got home from this shit. It was insane. The vender setup was pretty sweet. I saw Carlito, Hemme, Gail Kim, Brooke, Rob Terry, Powers of Pain, Kristal, Cherry, etc. Gail Kim and Brooke looked absolutely *censored*ing gorgeous. You guys have no idea. You don't know heaven until you see Brooke's ass in person. I've never seen a woman shaped like that...ever. Rob Terry is huge in person...and he looked absolutely miserable being there. I don't think anyone talked to him, or even made eye contact with him. He seemed like the new Virgil. It would have been depressing if it wasn't so hilarious.

Actual matches were all good. MVP was brawling in the crowd right next to me, he did a dive that took out some chairs and shit. That was awesome. LAX also brawled into the bleachers on the other side of the room...also cool, even though it was nowhere near me. Hardy Boys were very gracious and didn't seem like they minded being there at all...despite the crowd being pretty rude to them. One dude behind me was shouting "Jeff! Jeff! Over here Jeff! I know you hear me! Jeff!" Then when Jeff finally looked, he said "Your brother sucks!". Same dude kept calling Jeff for the whole match...it was hilarious, tbh. Everyone was laughing at that.

Shelly Martinez had her ass in my direct line of vision pretty much any time she was at ringside. Me gusta long time. Rey and Low Ki was a pretty good match. Rey is slowing down, and it shows...but he won in a convincing back and forth match that showcased the abilities of both dudes. He did a 619 on my side, right in front of me, and then hit a frog splash for the win, to a chorus of Eddie chants. Afterwards he laid on the ropes like Eddie used to do and people in the crowd threw red and green streamers over him. I have a pic of that.

There was a video package shown on behalf of NXT, where some of the guys sent their condolences to the family of Fat Frank...those guys were Solomon Crowe, Drake, Sami Zayn (and one other person who I'm forgetting). It was cool to see an official nod from WWE like that. The official NXT raffle prizes were sweet too...I didn't win shit, but some luck bastard won the signed belt. Meh. There was also a funny moment when the guy who was mc'ing the event announced the winner of the one raffle to get a figure signed by the Hardy Boys. The winner was a little girl, and the guy was like "little girl, you must go over there and Pierre will take you to the back, to meet the Hardy Boys"...and the whole crowd did a kind of tongue in cheek laugh, and the dude went "I said...to meet the Hardy Boys"...lmao.

Wanted to get a JAPW shirt, but they didn't seem to be selling any, which I thought was odd. Plenty of other shirts and DVDs from unaffiliated persons. I got a 4 disc William Regal dvd that focuses on his earlier years. Lots of stuff from the 80's and early 90's, from Germany, Japan, etc. I figured I don't know a lot about Regal, so it should be pretty cool.

Also, I just realized that every single female talent that appeared at this event, I've seen naked. With the only exception being Cherry. Lmao. Literally tho...Gail, Hemme, Martinez, April, Brooke...seen em all buck ass naked. Oh...and Kristal Marshal. Never seen her naked. Guess there were two exceptions then.

Lots of photos:

LpHdxVW.jpg

V4GrVIV.jpg

Vq93LoJ.jpg

DGlEhOA.jpg

APjO6zH.jpg

i883eWp.jpg

YxV5p2r.jpg

mkbsie.jpg

wl22w5.jpg

mw8b5x.jpg

JxfJmuc.jpg

fFvFwEq.jpg

UzgwzWF.jpg

jHGAOTe.jpg

8zvv3xL.jpg

bX1VAUe.jpg

n9GpX8f.jpg

ZJZ9Kt5.jpg

4fygxB3.jpg

DoGC7j5.jpg

I was there as well, great show but it was long as *Censored* lol. Didn't really have much money to meet anybody or get anything, but I did get to meet Candice & Joey and they were super nice. My buddy also bought like 20 raffle tickets and he actually won the signed thingy by the Four Horsewomen lol. We also sat right there in the bleachers where LAX fought in the crowd and it was great. My body was pretty much done after 10pm, so I wish it was a little shorter but overall great show.

Nice.

I don't want to be a dick, but the Fat Frank stuff was way too long, and kind of obnoxious. You want to give it your full attention out of respect...but it got tedious really quickly. The second video was good...it was brief and it was considerably toned down. But the first package before the show started, went WAAAAAAYYY too long and made the guy seem really obnoxious and not funny at all. I felt bad, standing there, thinking "this dude seems like the most annoying dude on the planet".

I didn't actually meet any of the people, just walked around by them. I did ask Carlito how much his shit was, and he had no idea. He was like "uhhhhhh"...and the chick next to him told me. Lol.

Also, that hype guy...I forget his name...but he was so damn good. He deserves to be snatched up by the WWE or whatever. It was really cool being so close to the ring, and he was one of the reasons...because he kept interacting with us through the night. After the show, my buddy said "you deserve a raise", and he did one of those moves where you pause and think about something, then he took an envelope out of his pocket and looked inside, then he gave us a thumbs up, laughed and walked away. I guess he was satisfied with his pay. :lol: He was really good though. There were all kinds of little things he did that made the show much better. Like...he was kind of blocking the action at one point, and someone said "get out of the way *insert name here (I forgot his name)*" and he made the funniest face and did a little scurry to the other side of the ring. Just on-point with his routine. 100%.

Yeah, I didn't wanna be that guy but I'm sure we all thought the same thing. I'm all about tribute videos, but they did go pretty long and I'm sure added about an hour to the show. Maybe they should've done it 30 mins before the show and the second one during intermission. Cause 12:30 is just too late to end a show, you could tell the crowd was just too damn tired to care about the last 3 matches. The LAX crowd spot was nice though cause it definitely woke me up for a bit lol.

I think people were only bummed about it getting so late because there's that crossover between wrestling and MMA fans. A lot of people probably wanted to watch the UFC event, at least catch the end of it. I know I definitely didn't expect the event to go that long. Legit went from 7:40-12:30. Shit was longer than Wrestlemania. Lmao.

Archived