GFW Roster Revealed

TNA star Tyrus (Brodus Clay) announced on Twitter that he will not be performing for Jeff Jarretts Global Force Wrestling after all. He cited contractual obligations, likely referring to his deal with TNA. Tyrus tweeted:

Due to contractual obligations I will not be working for GFWs up coming shows #CardSubjectToChange sorry for any inconvenience #NuffSaid

Tyrus (@BrodusClay) June 2, 2015

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/tna-star-already-pulled-jeff-jarretts-gfw/

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found it strange he was even on the roster honestly since I don't remember reading anything about a TNA release or anything. So I'm not surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a dumb move. An outdoor venue is a terrible idea, you can see everything, including all the empty seats, and you can't use artificial lighting to enhance or provide effect for certain things. They should learn from Lucha Underground. They probably have that many people or less in attendance, but they crowd them all together so there isn't an empty seat and the place looks full.

MKq1vAG.png

Global Force Wrestling released a press release for the company’s August 14th date in Winston-Salem, North Carolina event. The press release mentions that along with Kevin Nash and The Killer Elite squad, Tessa Blanchard would also be appearing.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (June 12, 2015) – The Winston-Salem Dash and BB&T Ballpark will host a Global Force Wrestling (GFW) event at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, August 14. This event is part of GFW’s MiLB Grand Slam Tour.

GFW founder Jeff Jarrett will make an appearance at BB&T Ballpark during the Dash’s 7 p.m. game this Tuesday, June 16, against the Myrtle Beach Pelicans. Jarrett will throw out the ceremonial first pitch and announce the talent card for the August 14 event. Tuesday’s contest is an All-You-Can-Eat-Night, during which fans can enjoy all the free hot dogs, hamburgers and cheeseburgers they can handle through the seventh inning. Normal ticket prices apply, and they start as low as $8.

Tickets for the GFW event will go on sale to Dash season ticket holders on Tuesday, June 23, at 10 a.m. The general public will be able to purchase tickets beginning on Wednesday, June 24, at 10 a.m.

A wrestling ring will be set up at home plate for the event on August 14. VIP tickets are available for $49 and include food and beverages from the Womble Carlyle Club and meet-and-greet opportunities with the wrestlers. Reserved seats behind the plate and above the dugouts range from $20-$40. All seats along the outfield lines are general admission for $10.

Six-time World Champion Kevin Nash will appear as a GFW Legend, while other confirmed talent includes the Killer Elite Squad (Lance Hoyt and Davey Boy Smith, Jr.) and Tessa Blanchard, the daughter of the founding member of the Four Horseman Tully Blanchard. More talent will be announced soon.

Gates will open at 5:30 p.m. for the GFW event. For more information, call the Dash at (336) 714-6877.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/tessa-blanchard-advertised-for-global-force-wrestling-event/

:D

- Unless something changes, Sunday’s Slammiversary pay-per-view match against James Storm will be the last TNA match for Magnus, according to Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Nothing has been said publicly because of the pay-per-view and because Magnus will be on Wednesday’s taped Impact Wrestling.

Meltzer adds it will be announced soon that Magnus, as Nick Aldis, will be working with Jeff Jarrett’s Global Force Wrestling.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/tna-star-reportedly-jumping-ship-gfw/

• 2 weeks later...

Rolling Stone has an interview with Magnus which he discusses leaving TNA, Global Force Wrestling and more. Here are some highlights:

On what made him decide to leave TNA, he said the following:

I've been with TNA for six-and-a-half years, which has been incredible for me. I've seen a lot of changes in that time, just like you would with any company. I've seen a lot of resets, and all the while I've always somehow managed to stay the course and develop and grow as a talent. I reached what I thought was the pinnacle of my career at the end of 2013 [when he won the TNA World Title].

I came to the decision, if I'm honest with myself, about six months ago, maybe a bit before that, that I would leave the company when my contract was up. I've done everything that I can do, and I appreciated everything. It's just time for me now, at 28 years old, to do something else to renew my focus and my energy. I just feel like I maxed out what I can do at TNA. Some people call it the seven-year itch, and I can totally relate to that.

On signing with Global Force Wrestling and whether their working relationship with TNA will be awkward for him:

There is something I have to clear up. It's not so much that I'm leaving TNA for GFW, that's just a coincidence that I'm going there immediately. I had let TNA know that I was going to leave on June 30, and we left on good terms. We agreed to wrap things up the right way, and I loved the way that we did. Then Jeff showed up on TV, and I looked at him and just said, "What the hell?" I was backstage at the TV tapings, and little Kody [Angle] came running up to me and gave me a big hug. I didn't put two-and-two together, because I thought maybe Kurt had the kids. Then I saw Jeff's kids, and then I saw this SUV. Suddenly the window rolls down and Jeff is there. I just told him, "I don't even want to know." I had no idea he was going to show up, and I'm still not sure what is going on completely.

On how he feels departing TNA:

You're not going to find me saying anything but positives about my time in TNA. They have given me everything up to this point. I've earned it, and sometimes I've made my mark in spite of their decisions, but they gave me the platform and the income, and I made something of myself with them. That being said, I have to tell the truth. When I gave my notice, and had a conversation with John Gaburick "Big," as people like to call him by the time we got off the phone I felt like a 100-pound weight had been lifted off my back. There was always something. Every week there was a new rumor. I do sometimes think some of it was unfair to TNA. It became en vogue to just rip on TNA. If some of those things that had been reported about TNA had been reported about, say, Ring of Honor, everyone would have just talked about how much it sucks for them. But because it was TNA, it turned into how terrible they were and how they were run by about a bunch of idiots

I hope that everything works out for them. I don't know what the hell is going on with Global and everything, but I had to trust my gut. I've been in the business for 10 years. I'm a student of the game. I love the business. I feel like I've been involved in every facet of the business. I sat with the camera guys, and back in the truck, sitting on the headsets, just to get a feel for the whole business. I've really run the gauntlet of the business. My gut told me that the thing that had been missing was what Jeff had in the company the experience as a real wrestling guy. He knows the business, and loves the business and knows talent. And I think that, for me, is the number-one thing. Jeff has a much better idea of talent and who to trust in important positions, and that might be the issue that I have with TNA right now. But I hope they haven't reached critical mass and everything can work out.

Magnus also talks about Jeff Jarrett leaving, how TNA started pushing guys making less money, his storyline with James Storm, working with his fiancée Mickie James and his future in Global Force Wrestling . The former TNA Heavyweight Champion reveals that he's working on a fitness book that should be out in the near future. To read the full interview go here: http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/magnus-no-more-nick-aldis-on-tna-turmoil-and-joining-jeff-jarrett-20150708?page=1.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/94992/magnus-talks-about-what-made-him-leave-tna.html?p=1

Earlier this week, Wrestling Rumors detailed reports of the upcoming invasion angle between TNA and Global Force Wrestling that will unfold on Destination America. It is seen as a Hail Mary attempt from TNA to keep things good in its standing with the network.

However, on the other side, GFW will be taping its own set of television July 24. Now, Jeff Jarrett has revealed the name of the program. Jarrett said in a video release:

You know, April 7, 2014 was the day we just named the company. Then month by month, we would name a new promotion we have an alliance with. And then, as the weeks and months rolled along, we made the announcement about the Grand Slam Tour, then we made the announcement the Orleans then we made specific talent announcements. This announcement that Im making today, with all the market research weve done, all the teamwork thats gone into this, internally within Global Force Wrestling and outside of Global Force Wrestling, I couldnt be more excited to say that when we go to the Orleans July 24, it is our first set of tapings for the television show called AMPED.

AMPED is the name we used. We really got the best feeling almost from Day 1. Different names of the television show, whats really going to wrap it around? And its AMPED. Why is it AMPED? Im amped not to write stories, but to document stories. Im amped to see the action, whether it be lucha libre, whether it be the strong style from Japan, the pageantry of the U.S. and weve got international stars from around the globe, and Im amped to get this program out.

The video, which features GFW in action, can be found below.

http://www.wrestlingrumors.net/global-force-wrestlings-television-show-will-called-amped/36792/

I don't think they need a TV show name...you want people to remember the name Global Force, not AMPED. I think it'll confuse the same people that think TNA is Impact Wrestling now. Save Amped for like a special/PPV name or something.

The official lineup for the 7/24 Global Force Wrestling TV Taping in Las Vegas features:

Global Championship Tournament Matches:

*Brian Myers (formerly Curt Hawkins) vs. Chris Mortedzky (formerly Chris Masters)

*Bobby Roode vs. TBA

*Kongo Kong vs. Nick Aldis (formerly Magnus)

Tag Team Championship Tournament:

*Chris Sabin and Kushida vs. Reno SCUM

NEX*GEN Championship Tournament Mathes

*PJ Black (formerly Justin Gabriel) vs. Seiya Sanada

*Jigsaw vs. Sonjay Dutt

Women’s Championship Tournament:

*Christina Von Eerie vs. Mickie James vs. Lei’D Tapa

*Bestia 666 vs. Blood Eagle vs. Steve Pain vs. Phoenix Star vs. Zokre vs. Misterioso Jr.

For more details, visit GlobalForceWrestling.com.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/95100/gfw-announces-lineup-for-first-tv-taping-in-las-vegas.html?p=1

Archived