The Podcast Discussion Thread

XXX.

Omega sounds like a really cool guy who loves wrestling, first interview I've heard with him - Jericho is very good as an interviewer because he lets people actually answer without talking over them.

Actually I've seen a seminar with him recently and he kept saying he wasn't a fan anymore :P

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After six years away, Mickie James returned to WWE this week in newsworthy fashion and now shes ready to talk about how it all went down with Lilian Garcia.

The Sheet has learned James will be the guest on Mondays episode of Making Their Way to the Ring.

In case you missed it, Mickie was revealed to be La Luchadora Tuesday on SmackDown Live.

Making Their Way to the Ring can be seen on Afterbuzz TV at 6pm EST/3pm PST and now features Pro Wrestling Sheet Editor-in-Chief Ryan Satin as Lilians co-host. The show is also on iTunes.

Dont miss what promises to be a very raw interview just like her prior episodes with wrestlers like Brie Bella, Trish Stratus, Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle the last of which was recorded just hours before his Hall of Fame induction was announced.

Check it out below.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/mickie-james-first-interview-lilian-garcia/#.WIDrU7YrJE4?platform=hootsuite

• 3 weeks later...

Mick Foley recently appeared on Lilian Garcia: Making Their Way to the Ring, here are the highlights

Mick on the tie hes wearing in a new WWE headshot: The tie Im wearing in that promo shot is a gift from James Ellsworth, for what he felt I did for him to get into WWE. Isnt that nice?

What did he do for Ellsworth?: The idea of pushing for James Ellsworth would actually be too ridiculous. I didnt actually go up and say, hey you oughtta use this kid. I did mention to several people, producers that he made for phenomenol TV.

Mick reveals the motivation for his recent 100 pound weight loss: I have some hip surgery coming up, and thats going to require some extensive rehab, and during the course of that I think it would be really good for me to drop a few more pounds.

On how Chris Jericho came up with The List: Im so proud to say that he was complaining about me, and there was a guy from catering going by and he was like, that Foley. You know what Im going to do? You know what Im going to do? Then he grabs a notebook away from the guy and he goes, Im going to start a list. And I said to somebody, hes going to have that over in three weeks. Sure enough, its become part of the wrestling lexicon.

Mick answers whether he has creative control at WWE: I do get some say. Yeah, theyre pretty good. They know that I wouldnt be doing the job unless I believed in it.

Why he accepted the General Manager position: When it comes to WWE I actually make less money by being GM than I would if I was working for myself. But I believe this is an important job. I do. It has a chance to steer the way the show is seen.

Mick speculates why SmackDown Live has been the fan favorite over Raw: Even though SmackDown has been kind of like the internet darling, I believe that if they had three hours instead of two they would find out that its tough to be a darling when youve got that massive three hour anchor around your neck.

Mick tells a recent story from backstage at Raw: I was about to go out there a couple weeks ago, and I heard Braun Strowman say, I want a title shot. Mr. McMahons behind the curtain, at the board watching the monitor, and he goes, oh god, its not a title shot. I was thinking to myself, then what is it? Thats exactly what I would go to call it when I would go out there. You want a title shot? Hes like, its a title match. Its a match! So if you ever wonder what its like to see a six-foot-eight, three hundred pound behemoth get chewed out, you shouldve been there.

Will there be a season two of Holy Foley!?: Personally, I dont think theres going to be a season twoYou look at the show and its an expensive show to make, you know? I think the dollars are there on the screen. Its really high quality. Im not trying to pick on other shows. But I look at it and I think, wow this is a cut above the other reality shows that I see, even the popular ones.

Mick answers whether hell ever wrestle again: I do not intend to have another match ever, and Id be doing myself a great disservice. WWE kind of saved me from myself when there was an issue with my impact test, which is the test that measures for concussions. They pulled me out of the atmosphere where I would ever suffer a concussion again. So they kind of saved me from myself in that respect.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/foley-i-dont-think-there-will-be-a-season-two-of-holy-foley/

Full interview:

What exactly is Talk N'Shop? I've seen you lot mentioned it a bunch, but I've not bothered to look it up.

Talk n Shop was a podcast Gallows, Anderson and Rocky Romero used to do with some good brothers while in New Japan. Now they call whenever they're on Jericho's podcast Talk n Shops in reference to that. It hasn't gotten to the level of the original yet though, and doubt they ever will if they're already getting in trouble for dropping F Bombs. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Rusev and Lana recently appeared on Talk is Jericho (transcript via wrestlinginc.com), here are the highlights

On His WrestleMania 31 Entrance: So weve been joking about this for a long time because [John] Cena at Mania, were going to have [an] army and all that. And then, the day of came and its time for us to go to the stadium and theres this tank. And Im like, what is this? What? Yeah, this is part of your entrance. Im like, what? Like, I couldnt even My mind couldnt They said, yeah, were going to have these guns and were going to have these people with the flag with the uniforms. And I was just like, whoa, this is not happening. It was surreal. Rusev continued, it was amazing. I feel like that [has] got to be one of the best entrances of all time.

On Getting Heat From Bulgarians For Using The Bulgarian National Anthem as His theme Music: I had so much backlash because before in NXT, I used to come out with the Bulgarian national anthem. And people were like, oh, why are you embarrassing the anthem? How am I embarrassing the anthem? Im from the freaking country. Rusev added, I have a freaking tattoo of Bulgaria on my shoulder. Im proud of it. Its just so annoying with people hating all the time. Why cant you be happy for your countrymen?

On His Favorite Matches: I really liked the match, me and Cena, I think it was the I Quit match. I really liked that one. We fought all over the place for maybe like 35 minutes or whatnot. But we have so many great matches. With Roman, we had great [matches]. Oh, the Cell match! I loved that match. Yeah, that was my first Cell match and I really liked that one. Those two are probably the ones that stand out.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/rusev-discusses-having-one-of-the-greatest-wrestlemania-entrances/

Edge and Christian are getting their own Podcast

Starting Mar.24 it's @EandCpod exploding in your ear holes! Subscribe now wherever you get these podcasts things

https://twitter.com/EdgeRatedR/status/840245314929995776

One of wrestling’s most popular tag teams, Adam “Edge” Copeland and Jay “Christian” Reso, are teaming up once again to bring you a podcast about, well, everything. The hilarious duo will take you behind-the-scenes of the wrestling industry, talk with wrestlers and other entertainers they’ve met over the years, share fun stories about life after the biz and being dads, and, sometimes, they’ll even play the kazoo.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/e-cs-pod-of-awesomeness/id1212999462?mt=2

Archived