Casual or Hardcore?

LuisTX85

Casual or Hardcore  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What type of gamer are you?

If it's games I'm a natural at, I'm casual. I use that approach to piss people off when I play them because I know how hard they try.

However, when I'm on my own, I'm super-competitive. I always restart my Xbox if I've failed a single question on LA Noire or lost a match on FIFA.

So in career, do you quit if you lose and make sure you have 100% wins in every season?

If it's games I'm a natural at, I'm casual. I use that approach to piss people off when I play them because I know how hard they try.

However, when I'm on my own, I'm super-competitive. I always restart my Xbox if I've failed a single question on LA Noire or lost a match on FIFA.

So in career, do you quit if you lose and make sure you have 100% wins in every season?

Well, not every single match but important cup matches like semi-finals and finals. It ruins the whole unpredictable feel and all but I'm a really sore loser.

Depends. SSB Melee and Halo I can be pretty competitive at a lot of times. CoD depends on who I'm playing with. Most other games are pretty casual though. It's just if it's a game I'm going to play a lot I refuse to be bad at it. I at least have to be good enough to beat my friends. So I guess that could classify me as competitive or "hardcore"

Ayeee. We where the duo too bad we had lives and other responsibilities lmao. Could've Placed well in competitive with another solid 2.

Depends. SSB Melee and Halo I can be pretty competitive at a lot of times. CoD depends on who I'm playing with. Most other games are pretty casual though. It's just if it's a game I'm going to play a lot I refuse to be bad at it. I at least have to be good enough to beat my friends. So I guess that could classify me as competitive or "hardcore"

Ayeee. We where the duo too bad we had lives and other responsibilities lmao. Could've Placed well in competitive with another solid 2.

For real though. I would say we will tear shit up the next time there is a decent CoD or Halo released but well probably both have even less time then than we did for BO2.

Even though I'm around the average age of a pro gamer or even younger I feel like I'm already too old now. If I was going to I missed my chance. The best I've ever been at a video game was Halo 3, was on a team with friends and we were damn good, scrimmaging like Final Boss and Status Quo and those guys. But it was just too time consuming. You have to go legit no life to be a pro gamer.

Growing up has a ton to do with it haha My gaming time is down a lot so I only play my games when I have a day off any my lady isn't around, or after she goes to bed. Actually joined a league in Madden 13 with a group of married guys with day jobs that all understood that we were very hardcore gamers, but with an extremely small window to actually game so the games could be scheduled appropriately

I don't agree with your definition of a a hardcore gamer. Technically, by your definition the top Angry Birds's players on the leaderboard are all hardcore gamers. People that play to have the best score or for trophies/achievements are competitive players or trophy/achievement hunters, I wouldn't necessary consider them as "hardcore gamers".

I don't agree with your definition of a a hardcore gamer. Technically, by your definition the top Angry Birds's players on the leaderboard are all hardcore gamers. People that play to have the best score or for trophies/achievements are competitive players or trophy/achievement hunters, I wouldn't necessary consider them as "hardcore gamers".

You don't have to agree,I know it's all up to one's definition but the question and poll is for how you see yourself as a gamer in your own definition

I'm in between.

I always play for fun and rarely do I go for all of the trophies on my PS3 games unless I truly enjoy it or if I'm confident that I can get them all. I'm not all for no-death or speedruns either (even though I could do no-death runs cause I almost did it in the summer when I played Mega Man 2 on my PS2).

Competitive wise, sort of. I use to be like that when I played Mario Kart Wii online, I gave up being that way on Uncharted 2's multiplayer since everyone and their grandma on those servers are 1000x better than me and just stuck to having fun, yet I am in between on Uncharted 3's multiplayer. I get competitive when one person keeps killing me every time I respawn (until I get payback) or if I'm one of the two members of my team leading, or I just have fun working as a team in co-op survival.

I try not to be too competitive, cause that's when it starts not being fun anymore.

I should rephrase mine. I'm a hardcore gamer for RPG games.

• Skyrim
  • The Legend of Dragoon
  • Final Fantasy
  • The Last Remnant
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Kingdom Hearts

Etc... Traveling all over the place in a open fantasy world is a great experience. I recommend it for anyone. But for other games like Need For Speed, Battlefield, NBA 2K, etc. I'm just a casual. So I guess I'm in-between as well.

Mostly casual, though I do spend a good deal of time trying to learn to play at a competitive level for fighting games and, to a lesser extent, pokemon despite having no real interest in online. I

also don't bother with achievements/trophies unless they're ones that interest me.

Also Disgaea. I've literally spent over 1000 hours on 4 trying to make my team as ridiculously overpowered as possible as well as searchingbfor those damn cat pirates.

Archived