WWE 13 is still too easy

CM_EDGE

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've seen on Kennedge85"s live-stream of the game..The A.I. does seem harder&way better than in WWE'12 when playing under Legend&"Epic",But they still need to be more aggressive&active!

I'll just let them reverse me&do moves do to me to balance the matches out,Most of the time I'll be online anyway!

It's not about easy.. It's about realism.

These game are completely unrealistic. I shouldn't be able to completely destroy Randy Orton in a matter of minutes with Yoshi Tatsu on legend difficulty with custom slider settings. Not only is that something you'd never see on TV in real life, it's not much fun. I haven't played WWE 13 yet, but the problem with the gameplay in the previous games was that it was both boring and unrealistic. Every match is a squash match. WWE 12 was a little better than its precursor because the AI was slightly improved and wrestlers got up faster. For the most part it was more of the same though. These games need to be a lot more challenging. Sometimes it seems like people just want the games to play themselves.

I dunno how long youve been watching WWE but I saw Greggory Helms as The Hurricane chokeslam and cleanly beat The Rock in a one on one match. This is the same company where Ive seen Hornswaggle run through a hole he painted on the wall and when Carlito tried to follow he his his head. The same company where Maven eliminated Undertaker from the Royal Rumble and Taker was allowed to re-enter the ring and eliminate Maven before going backstage. The same company where when Taker was feuding with Orton on SD that when he was playing mind games on Orton we as the viewers were able to see the distorted and twisted images as if we were Randy Orton on our tvs. While I agree the AI is too easy...which makes no sense to me cuz in All Stars it was harder the WWE is far from being "realistic"

It's not about easy.. It's about realism.

These game are completely unrealistic. I shouldn't be able to completely destroy Randy Orton in a matter of minutes with Yoshi Tatsu on legend difficulty with custom slider settings. Not only is that something you'd never see on TV in real life, it's not much fun. I haven't played WWE 13 yet, but the problem with the gameplay in the previous games was that it was both boring and unrealistic. Every match is a squash match. WWE 12 was a little better than its precursor because the AI was slightly improved and wrestlers got up faster. For the most part it was more of the same though. These games need to be a lot more challenging. Sometimes it seems like people just want the games to play themselves.

I dunno how long youve been watching WWE but I saw Greggory Helms as The Hurricane chokeslam and cleanly beat The Rock in a one on one match. This is the same company where Ive seen Hornswaggle run through a hole he painted on the wall and when Carlito tried to follow he his his head. The same company where Maven eliminated Undertaker from the Royal Rumble and Taker was allowed to re-enter the ring and eliminate Maven before going backstage. The same company where when Taker was feuding with Orton on SD that when he was playing mind games on Orton we as the viewers were able to see the distorted and twisted images as if we were Randy Orton on our tvs. While I agree the AI is too easy...which makes no sense to me cuz in All Stars it was harder the WWE is far from being "realistic"

I think you missed the point. I never said WWE was realistic. You will never hear me argue that WWE is realistic. I actually made a topic last year about how they should aim to make the games more cartoony and over-the-top a la Here Comes The Pain to more accurately reflect what we see on TV. But what I meant here was that they aren't staying true to the product we see on television when they allow me to quickly squash main event wrestlers clean with jobbers on the highest difficulty. That never happens in WWE. Matches aren't that short in general, and on the extremely rare occasion someone like The Hurricane does beat The Rock, it isn't without controversy and the commentators make it out to be a huge upset. So that was my point. The Hurricane should be capable of beating The Rock in the video game, but I shouldn't be able to completely dominate The Rock with The Hurricane on legend difficulty in every single match. That's not "realistic" in that it's not what we're accustomed to seeing on WWE television. More importantly, it's just not very fun to play.

LMAO! Totally forgot about the part with the cape

Anyways this match was Jobber vs "Superstar" and it was pretty back and forth between the two. Just saying never say nothing is impossible. Its not what you see on the PG WWE product today but anything is possible. I do get what your saying dont get me wrong. I even said I found matches in WWE All Stars to be more challenging than the SVR series in the past. If I like playing as Rey I dont feel I should be punished when I have to face the Big Show. I think it was SVR06 where I had Mr Kennedy and I faced The Great Khali for the first time ever. imagine my face and disappointment when I saw I couldnt clothesline or do half my moves to this character that was already a super heavyweight. I mean now we have a weight detection that will do stuff like have rey do a suplex to heath slater but automatically do a leg trip or whatever if he attempts it on Undertaker. The AI just needs to be loads more aggressive when it comes to playing on Legend not just block and reversal crazy. Hell even the TNA game as crappy as it was had a more challenging AI, Anyone who owned that game remember the final match against Jeff Jarrett?

And i can beat everyone with closed eyes.... reversals are so easy you know exactly when you need to push the button.

I cant believe how anyone can say its harder than WWE12, i played it now 12 Hours and won every match, i started direct on legendary and the problem is, like i said before, the AI is too slow and not agressive and countering this year is twice as easy as last year.....

Its an awesome game and 10 times better than WWE 12, but, its sooo damn easy. :(

I played some matches on normal too and my god is that booring, how can anyone play that? :D

Yeah it takes some work to bring them down but if they dont fight back, its boring.

(Sorry broken english here :D)

:(

I know this maybe going out the way but what I did last year to give myself a challenge was turn off the reversal indicators and turned down everyone's strike and grapple reversal attributes. Like I said though, it may be time consuming. Especially since the roster is much larger this year.

As for the aggressiveness of the A.I., I agree with Stevevisious about having A.I. tendency sliders. I've been wanting this forever and I'm sure this would help in bringing that aggressiveness out of the A.I. while also bringing some uniqueness to each character. As long as they do it right and give us the proper options, that is...

And i can beat everyone with closed eyes.... reversals are so easy you know exactly when you need to push the button.

I cant believe how anyone can say its harder than WWE12, i played it now 12 Hours and won every match, i started direct on legendary and the problem is, like i said before, the AI is too slow and not agressive and countering this year is twice as easy as last year.....

Its an awesome game and 10 times better than WWE 12, but, its sooo damn easy. :(

I played some matches on normal too and my god is that booring, how can anyone play that? :D

Yeah it takes some work to bring them down but if they dont fight back, its boring.

(Sorry broken english here :D)

:(

I know this maybe going out the way but what I did last year to give myself a challenge was turn off the reversal indicators and turned down everyone's strike and grapple reversal attributes. Like I said though, it may be time consuming. Especially since the roster is much larger this year.

As for the aggressiveness of the A.I., I agree with Stevevisious about having A.I. tendency sliders. I've been wanting this forever and I'm sure this would help in bringing that aggressiveness out of the A.I. while also bringing some uniqueness to each character. As long as they do it right and give us the proper options, that is...

Sliders would be cool, but I'm pretty sure THQ would screw them up and make the highest slider settings the usual default AI where the computer barely does something, so even with the sliders all the way up it would still be too easy.

Can you make a photo from your sliders? Would be very cool.

Yeah the problem is if you dont press the counter button to the right time, you have another chance to counter a half second later, thats new this year and makes it double easier.

Im in a new apartment since one week and dont have fast internet yet, if i had i would do a video for you with the problems, maybe later. :)

I really hate having to let the cpu beat me up a little just to make the match interesting. So many times I played matches in the past couple of games being afraid to go all out on the computer for fear that I would beat it's ass on the toughest difficulty.

I agree with this.

it's fine if someone wants to work a match but having to do that sucks

i was so hyped because of tape-worms text but now i have the game and its still too easy. :(

I can nearly reversal everything because you have on nearly every move two tries to reversal, if your are too late just press counter again and the most time it works. The AI on legendary is also meehhh. The AI is doing a move and after that the AI just stands still every time and does nothing, its not agressive enough. :/

Maybe i need a few more matches but for me, now, legendary is the same like in every other wwe game before....

If THQ sees this topic and they make WWE 14 really difficult im going to be really pissed off at you!

Their is nothing wrong with the AI difficulty. Wrestling games arent meant to be difficult.

I thought it was like all stars, where there is a window to reverse, but if you go to early, you can't do it again in time for the window- so in essence you eliminate spamming. Are we now back to spamming working, which makes any reversal window pointless. . .

Wwe12 had the window, did they get rid of it?

i was so hyped because of tape-worms text but now i have the game and its still too easy. :(

I can nearly reversal everything because you have on nearly every move two tries to reversal, if your are too late just press counter again and the most time it works. The AI on legendary is also meehhh. The AI is doing a move and after that the AI just stands still every time and does nothing, its not agressive enough. :/

Maybe i need a few more matches but for me, now, legendary is the same like in every other wwe game before....

If THQ sees this topic and they make WWE 14 really difficult im going to be really pissed off at you!

Their is nothing wrong with the AI difficulty. Wrestling games arent meant to be difficult.

Why would you worry about it being too difficult? This discussion would apply to the higher difficulties. You can alwyS just play on the easier difficulties . And YES wrestling games are supposed to be difficult when you play them on Hard or Legend! Is it supposed to be easy on high difficulties? Lol. It needs to be challenging to all players.

If the computer difficulty is way too easy then there's really no point in playing actual matches. What's the point of making a Bret Hart vs HBK Iron Man Match if you know without a doubt you will probably win by a landslide. It's just a waste of time and makes even the biggest matches feel unimportant.

Archived