What was your first WWE game?

snakebiteSB

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played all the old ones on the snes, then played revenge and warzone at my buddies houses. The first bought was WWF Warzone on N64. Then all the wcw and wwf games after besides wcw backstage brawl.

Backstage assault not brawl lol i think you got confused with that cancelled wwe brawl lol

WCW NWO REVENGE!!!!

Best game ever made

I agree with thus post sort of... It was the best for its time

I played all the old ones on the snes, then played revenge and warzone at my buddies houses. The first bought was WWF Warzone on N64. Then all the wcw and wwf games after besides wcw backstage brawl.

Backstage assault not brawl lol i think you got confused with that cancelled wwe brawl lol

WCW NWO REVENGE!!!!

Best game ever made

I agree with thus post sort of... It was the best for its time

Wcw/nWo Revenge had the best graphics and no doubt the best roster of any of the AKI games but the gameplay was much too slow for my liking and didn't offer many of the game modes that the previous WCW World Tour game had like tournament and league modes.

Very first game was WWF Warzone, now that brings back some memories. It was then followed by No MErcy, WCW vs NWO Revenge and ECW Hardcore Revolution??

Afterwards I got HCTP then every game after that, including All Stars and LOW.

I had played SD2 and others, but never owned them

I remember the amount of button tapping required in Royal Rumble and RAW for the Genesis/SNES, it was ridiculous and almost two decades later the WWE games still require us to mash the buttons like crazy in certain situations. The only revolution with that has been the controllers that allow us to just hold down a button instead of tapping.

Forgot the name of my first game, but it had Shawn Michaels, Yokuzuna, I think the Undertaker, and Razor Ramon. Razor Ramon looked like he was slashing with dagger or sword whenever he attacked. I think you even got double or triple teamed. My cousin and I used to play it a lot. I remember it was Wrestlemania something... maybe 8? I forgot though, and Wiki isn't helping me any. I think I still own it. I think it's Royal Rumble? But I forgot some other characters, so who knows.

As for hte first game that I can remember the name of, it was War Zone on my same cousin's 64. Kept creating CAW of myself because it kept disappearing. X_x

The first game that I can remember the name of that I owned was Raw 2.. if it wasn't rented. :x I still laugh at Rey scoop-slamming Big Show like a boss. The freedom of customization allowed me to change wrestlers' attire, and I always made anyone that I hated's attire bad. Back when I believed in WWE and thought there were actually good and bad people. Like when Spike turned on Mysterio on Smackdown!, I took the liberty of dressing him up like a girl on the game.

Smackdown! vs. Raw '06 was the first true game I enjoyed though, thoroughly. I still consider it better than WWE 12 in many ways, but WWE 12 has the current moves and more options.

Wrestlemania 2000 was the first I owned

first I remember playing I'm not sure, it was super nintendo, and all the finishers were super corny. Like Taker hitting you with an actual gravestone marker ect..

Was it WrestleMania: The Arcade Game? I've played its sequel, WWF In Your House, on the PlayStation.

Forgot the name of my first game, but it had Shawn Michaels, Yokuzuna, I think the Undertaker, and Razor Ramon. Razor Ramon looked like he was slashing with dagger or sword whenever he attacked. I think you even got double or triple teamed. My cousin and I used to play it a lot. I remember it was Wrestlemania something... maybe 8? I forgot though, and Wiki isn't helping me any. I think I still own it. I think it's Royal Rumble? But I forgot some other characters, so who knows.

As for hte first game that I can remember the name of, it was War Zone on my same cousin's 64. Kept creating CAW of myself because it kept disappearing. X_x

The first game that I can remember the name of that I owned was Raw 2.. if it wasn't rented. :x I still laugh at Rey scoop-slamming Big Show like a boss. The freedom of customization allowed me to change wrestlers' attire, and I always made anyone that I hated's attire bad. Back when I believed in WWE and thought there were actually good and bad people. Like when Spike turned on Mysterio on Smackdown!, I took the liberty of dressing him up like a girl on the game.

Smackdown! vs. Raw '06 was the first true game I enjoyed though, thoroughly. I still consider it better than WWE 12 in many ways, but WWE 12 has the current moves and more options.

I think you're talking about Wrestlemania the Arcade game. That game was made by the same company that made MK so that would explain the corny mo-capped moves.

Having never played the N64 wrestling games myself, I find myself curious and wondering why people love the AKI games so much. I played WCW vs. The World on the PlayStation a long time ago. I don't remember much about it, but I don't think I liked the "spirit" thing at the time. Keep in mind that I was maybe 8 or 9 years old, so I was in a different mindset. Also, the game seemed more "arcade" than "simulation" in its presentation, a contrast the the later two THQ WCW games on the PS1.

I think you're talking about Wrestlemania the Arcade game. That game was made by the same company that made MK so that would explain the corny mo-capped moves.

This! Yes! Thanks!

I remember the amount of button tapping required in Royal Rumble and RAW for the Genesis/SNES, it was ridiculous and almost two decades later the WWE games still require us to mash the buttons like crazy in certain situations. The only revolution with that has been the controllers that allow us to just hold down a button instead of tapping.

I always cheated with the super punch code lol

Having never played the N64 wrestling games myself, I find myself curious and wondering why people love the AKI games so much. I played WCW vs. The World on the PlayStation a long time ago. I don't remember much about it, but I don't think I liked the "spirit" thing at the time. Keep in mind that I was maybe 8 or 9 years old, so I was in a different mindset. Also, the game seemed more "arcade" than "simulation" in its presentation, a contrast the the later two THQ WCW games on the PS1.

WCW vs. the World wasn't one of the AKI games that everyone loves. If I remember right, AKI did the N64 games and Yukes did the PS1 games. Then when that era died and they switched to the PS2/XBox1 era, THQ decided to stop working with AKI and only work with Yukes because their games sold more. But ask anybody who played both, the n64 games were miles a head of the PlayStation games. The only reason the PS games sold more was because more people, by a huge margin, owned the PS1 instead of the n64, so naturally a game on the PS1 would sell more copies.

But anyway we're talking:

WCW vs. nWo World Tour (this was the first game, so it's a bit limited, but still pretty fun)

WCW/nWo Revenge (Best WCW game ever, and probably top 5 wrestling games ever)

WWF WrestleMania 2000 (Same basic game as revenge, but WWF instead of WCW and they added create a wrestler)

WWF No Mercy (Sequel to WM2000, considered by many to be the best wrestling game ever.)

I still prefer Revenge over No Mercy, but that was mainly because these games were best when playing with 4 players at once with your friends over. In No Mercy, there is a noticeable frame-rate issue and the game really slows down when you do 4 players, Revenge didn't have that slowdown. Plus, I personally liked WCW's nWo era better than WWF's Attitude era, so that game's just a little more enjoyable from the standpoint that I liked the characters better.

But If you still have an N64, or can find one cheap, I know you can find all four of those games for really, really cheap on ebay. I just looked them up, No Mercy is $10, and Revenge is only $4. WM200 is $5 and World Tour is only $2.50. For that cheap, I'd seriously recommend trying them if you've never played them. The graphics are obviously dated, and there's no custom themes or community creations or anything like that, but playing multiplayer with friends over, there's still no Yukes game that was as fun as those AKI games on the n64.

WCW vs. the World wasn't one of the AKI games that everyone loves. If I remember right, AKI did the N64 games and Yukes did the PS1 games. Then when that era died and they switched to the PS2/XBox1 era, THQ decided to stop working with AKI and only work with Yukes because their games sold more. But ask anybody who played both, the n64 games were miles a head of the PlayStation games. The only reason the PS games sold more was because more people, by a huge margin, owned the PS1 instead of the n64, so naturally a game on the PS1 would sell more copies.

But anyway we're talking:

WCW vs. nWo World Tour (this was the first game, so it's a bit limited, but still pretty fun)

WCW/nWo Revenge (Best WCW game ever, and probably top 5 wrestling games ever)

WWF WrestleMania 2000 (Same basic game as revenge, but WWF instead of WCW and they added create a wrestler)

WWF No Mercy (Sequel to WM2000, considered by many to be the best wrestling game ever.)

I still prefer Revenge over No Mercy, but that was mainly because these games were best when playing with 4 players at once with your friends over. In No Mercy, there is a noticeable frame-rate issue and the game really slows down when you do 4 players, Revenge didn't have that slowdown. Plus, I personally liked WCW's nWo era better than WWF's Attitude era, so that game's just a little more enjoyable from the standpoint that I liked the characters better.

But If you still have an N64, or can find one cheap, I know you can find all four of those games for really, really cheap on ebay. I'd seriously recommend trying them if you've never played them. The graphics are obviously dated, and there's no custom themes or community creations or anything like that, but playing multiplayer with friends over, there's still no Yukes game that was as fun as those AKI games on the n64.

Totally agree with u man!

Mist people these days take the community creations and custom tracks and even online itself for granted.. It was so much different back then but also so fun! My best friend and i took wcw/nwo world tour revenge vs the world nitro and thunder and used them to record our shows commentating on the matches doing promos and such basically doing wcw from mid-96-mid 98 it was so great and fun.

Just the intros of their games show you that the AKI guys weren't just trying to make money with a yearly release, they were actually trying to capture the magic of the promotion from a fan's eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxcigoGshcA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBmzV_wTj80

Oh hell yeah we hsed the sting dropping from the rafters in the opening bgm in world tour alot and when revenge came out used his rafter drop from the battle royal and u know we had gogan going "oh shoot brother! Oh shoot!!!" lol if i still had those tapes inwould convert them over to flash they really were one of a kind...

My first WWE game was Warzone. I was 2 when I first got it and I had no idea what I was doing while playing but It was a WWE game, which ment I wanted it. I have got every WWE game to be released since then except for any N64 games as I have never owned them and RAW on Xbox, it broke a few years ago. I even have WWF Betrayal and WrestleMania 2000 on Gameboy Colour and Survivor Series on Game Boy Advance. I also got all Legends Of Wrestling and I own every game in the SmackDown Series and Day of Reckoning 1 and 2, WrestleMania 18 and 19 on Gamecube. I use to own WrestleMania 21 on Xbox but it can't be used on a 360 so I sold it. I believe it now works so I'll be picking it up sometime along with RAW.

Archived