The Official Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Misatouki

Speaking of short series, I really wish Panty and Stocking would get a season 2.

Me on another forum.

Know what I don't like? How people keep calling Nardo and DBZ the same thing so if I like/hate one, I should like/hate the other one. They're not. DBZ at worst is just some bad writing and poor use of characters post-Dragon Ball as well as energy blast fests. Nardo tries to be "deep" even *censored*ing all over its original theme to do it and still fails miserably. You have the Uchihas who are constantly being forgiven for everything and never made to pay the consequences despite being the cause of nearly every bad thing to happen in the series in one form or another. You have crap like the will of fire which allows an entire clan to run what's basically a slave operation and drove a man to suicide for abandoning a mission to help his teammates while criminalizing another for doing the exact opposite. You have Itachi's retcon. You have Sakura, and to a lesser extent Hinata, whose entire character revolves around chasing a childhood crush who doesn't give a damn about her and never really did and who tried to kill her and she still ends up marrying him and having his kid, assuming it's actually her kid. You have the non-existent parallels between Nardo and a good few other characters and that's just stuff off the top of my head. At least DBZ always kept everything simple and never really tried to act like it was something more than it actually was.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friend of mine convinced me to start watching Hajime No Ippo, and i'm quite liking it, though the voice acting is quite lacking in some areas.

So apparently, Sarada was confirmed as Karin's daughter. Sakura confirmed worst female character in fiction.

I started watching Digimon Data Squad. Seriously can't remember what it was that turned me off it before. Eh well. I'm also watching it dubbed.

Unpopular but I consider Data Squad the best Digimon series. It's a hell of a lot more grown up and mature, with a cast of adults. (and a 14 year old who may as well be an adult)

Once you're past the Digimon of the week first arc, it gets great.

Looking at the list, episode 12 is where they drop the Digimon of the week thing

When rewatching I tended to just skip the beginning

and I've heard the third season of Fusion isgod awful

Second season is good so far, though (dub is only half way into season 2...)

A lot of people say the only good thing about Hunters is the crossover ending, but(and I think I've already said it before, but whatever) I honestly found it a mess and a terrible waste of time and potential. They basically just brought all the main characters back to pull a stick out of the water. That's it. The other characters served absolutely no purpose whatsoever. Even Yugioh Bonds Beyond Time was better and that was disappointing as hell.

I've seen that moment where they all come in to kill Myotismons on YT a few times tbf and I mark out every time

I hope they manage to get all the correct English voice actors

and from what I can gather, season 3 lacks Nene, which means it'll be shit.

Yeah... it changes at such a drop of a dime. You should now enjoy the story telling and such of the rest of it. Let me know how you enjoy it as it goes on and etc.

There isn't really any bad characters either, they all serve their roles well.

That was quick xD

I said it was good... glad you enjoyed.

In terms of quality of series, I have it #1. But nostalgia puts older ones above for favourite.

There are plently of times I've devoted entire days to just watching *insert anime here*. I went through Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Beebop in two days. Thinking of watching a Gundam series next. Or Zoids because of that one game from the Sony conference yesterday.

As for Data Squad, I really loved how everyone was equal in terms of power. No one got left behind and made to look like a chump and the main group all got the same powerups. It's probably even better than Tamers, though I guess having more humans who actually use Digimon helps.

Also, Marcus breaking Craniamon's shield was the highlight of the show for me

Well I'd say more,

Marcus = Thomas

Yoshi = Keenan

The main two were obviously a step above the other two, especially when they don't even get proper burst mode evolution animations... and got their megas last.

I'd say they're all equal in Tamers too, though I guess only one of them got the post mega form, whilst they all get burst in Data. Even Bancho xD

You do have the random Miki, Megumi and Homer not getting passed Ultimate tho.

As I said, I have Data as #1 and that's one reason why.

• 2 weeks later...

Well they're minor characters. They don't need megas. Oh yeah, Yoshi, Marcus, and Thomas all got their megas at the same time.

I watched Battle Angel Alita yesterday and now I really need to read the manga.

Masashi Kishimoto is retiring from manga after he finishes his little Nardo miniseries, so good riddance.

Ohh I've reach the part of 5DS where they couldn't be arsed dubbing it for 15 episodes and thus skip half an arc. Sub it is for a while~ then after that it's not long before they stopped dubbing it altogether so they could dub Zexal xD

A few months ago I finally watched Cowboy Bebop. Downloaded the entire anime on Blu-Ray and finished in about a week. I think it's a good anime, but it's also underrated. Didn't really like the amount of filler there was for such a short anime that only had like, 20 something episodes.

Speaking of filler, the recent episodes of Detective Conan have been great compared to the previous ones. Anyone else watch it?

• 3 weeks later...

Only one bar Yugioh I've been watching is Ao Haru Ride because my GF wanted to watch it with me xD

Isn't even bad

Yeah, I meant to say overrated, lol. Like I said, the amount of filler for such a short anime is something I didn't like. Felt dull at times, too, but still a good anime...I just don't think it's "GOAT" like a shit ton of other people.

I completely agree.

The only times it was ever interesting was when it delved into the existential aspects, and Spike's past + confrontations with Vicious. The rest of the show was just filled with uninteresting, trivial misadventures. The plot, outside of my aforementioned highlights, was so much thinner than I thought it would be. I genuinely don't understand the hype behind it.

It's a good show, but nothing more.

Archived