Vince promised Dolph Ziggler to release him after Summerslam, then changed his mind

Youssef

From ringsidenews.com

Could very well be true or just dirtsheets

Vince McMahon and Dolph Ziggler had a very good deal, but it was just a handshake agreement. However, it seems McMahon isn’t holding up his end of the bargain.

Ziggler has spoken about his handshake agreement with Vince McMahon in the past and how unique it is. He might have wanted to get something in writing because it doesn’t seem like McMahon is game to let him go at this point.

Bodyslam.net reports that Dolph Ziggler and McMahon had a deal that he would work through Summerslam with Monday being his final date. Then McMahon would grant Ziggler his release from the company. Apparently, that didn’t work out like the Show-Off thought it would.

"On Monday prior to RAW, Dolph approached Vince McMahon to thank him, however it was then that Vince told Dolph that he could not let him out of his deal, and that he would “rather just pay him to stay home.”

I don't think Vince would ever straight up say "I'd like to pay you to stay home". I think it's just an unspoken thing that happens where guys aren't booked on shows...and they go home because there's no reason for them to be there. So, yeah...that part makes it sound like bullshit. I can't imagine Vince shaking Dolph's hand, looking him right in the eye, and saying "I'm going to pay you to stay home".

Archived