How would you book WrestleMania 35?

Counting Lights

Simple enough, with the Rumble next week, how would you book the card for this years biggest show? Provide as much or as little description as you'd like. The last few Mania's have been around 12-13 matches long, so keep it right around that limit.

Here's how mine would look:

Pre-Show

Cruiserweight Championship
Buddy Murphy vs The Brian Kendrick vs Drew Gulak vs Jack Gallagher

Kendrick, Gulak and Gallagher formed one of the strongest units on 205. Kendrick has since seceded and in time for Mania, Gallagher ought to do the same, ideally turning face once more. Book a triple threat number 1 contenders match with a three way pin/submission finish, resulting in this match being made.

Womens Tag Team Championships
Sasha Banks & Bayley vs The IIconics vs The Riott Squad

Sasha and Bayley are favorites to win the inaugural tag belts. Let them, and then have them defend against both a team from RAW and SmackDown come Mania.

Main Show

United States Championship
Rusev vs Andrade "Cien" Almas vs Big E

Andrade is prime for a singles title win, so that's what this match accomplishes. It also gets New Day on the card without shoving them in yet another tag title match.

Rey Mysterio vs Mustafa Ali

Consider this a passing of the torch type match between the greatest highflier ever, and one who is primed to lead the way into the future. I would've booked Almas vs Rey, but we've just gotten that on TV.

SmackDown Tag Team Championships
The Bar vs Bludgeon Brothers

The Bludgeons are primed to return any day now, and a violent match between these teams at WrestleMania could be awesome. You could easily add in Sanity and make it Extreme Rules or something as well.

SmackDown Womens Championship
Asuka vs Ember Moon

Seeing as Becky has won the Rumble and gone to RAW, SmackDown negotiates a trade to even out its Womens division. Enter Ember Moon. Upon beating Charlotte for number one contenders status, we are set for her to face Asuka at WrestleMania. Asuka would go on to defend her belt.

RAW Tag Team Championship
The Revival vs Breezango

RAW's tag division is severely lacking, so not many options there. With Fandango due back sometime in the next month or two, they ought to just hit the ground running with the Fashion Police. Likewise, in a bid to keep Revival signed, they pick up the tag belts from Roode & Gable. If Revival indeed choose to leave, then this can be their final match. Either way, Breezango need to make their entrance in a police cruiser, nothing else is acceptable.

AJ Styles vs Finn Balor

Finn and AJ were tricky to book, as all their potential opponents fit in other pieces of the puzzle. So simply book them under the cover of brand supremacy. SmackDown vs RAW. Of course, you can easily dip into their past in the buildup.

Intercontinental Championship
Ladder Match

Bobby Lashley vs Dean Ambrose vs Heath Slater vs Elias vs Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens vs Chad Gable vs Braun Strowman

Big ol' ladder match to fit in RAW's midcard, as seems to be tradition. Give the belt to Braun or Sami.

John Cena vs Samoa Joe

Seems like a lot of people want this match, hell I think Joe and Cena would enjoy it too, seeing as they're friends. So why not?

WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan vs Seth Rollins

Seth Rollins wins the Royal Rumble as many are predicting, but chooses to challenge for the WWE Championship, crossing over to SmackDown. Either man can win, but the match would surely be a treat.

Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar vs Drew McIntyre

With Seth crossing over to SD, RAW needs a number one contender. Drew McIntyre demolishes the field in an Elimination Chamber to earn the right to face Lesnar at WrestleMania. The two slug it out, but Drew becomes a true Monster Hunter by slaying the Beast with an assortment of Claymores to become the new champion.

RAW Womens Championship
Ronda Rousey vs Becky Lynch

And of course, the main event. Becky wins the womens Rumble and challenges Ronda. What more can I say? The story has been built perfectly. Becky wins a brutal match to cement herself as "The Man".

Honestly the only thing i really want to see is Joe/AJ/Bryan for the WWE title.

wow. i also want this now. especially since its looking like Drew/Cena at Mania.

I'm sticking with what I said, it will be Cena against Brock.

wow. i also want this now. especially since its looking like Drew/Cena at Mania.

Seth vs Brock is like 60% set in stone

Lol no it wont be.

PRE-SHOW
Smackdown Tag Team Championships
The Bar © vs. Usos vs. Good Brothers vs. New Day

Men's Battle Royal

Women's Battle Royal

Cruiserweight Championship
Buddy Murphy © vs. Brian Kendrick vs. Drew Gulak

MAIN SHOW
Intercontinental Championship
Bobby Lashley © vs. EC3 vs. Dean Ambrose

RAW Tag Team Championships
The Revival © vs. Heavy Machinery

The Miz vs. Shane McMahon

Smackdown Women's Championship
Asuka © vs. Lacey Evans

Triple H vs. Batista

Women's Tag Team Championships
Sasha Banks & Bayley © vs. Trish Stratus & Lita

Drew McIntyre vs. Brock Lesnar

WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan © vs. Jeff Hardy

AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton

United States Championship - Ladder Match
Rusev © vs. Mustafa Ali vs. Samoa Joe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Andrade

John Cena vs. Lars Sullivan

Universal Championship
Fin Balor © vs. Seth Rollins

RAW Women's Championship
Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte vs. Ronday Rousey ©

This card is based on current direction and my own ideas of how it could come together. Honestly couldn't think of anything for Braun Strowman or The Undertaker. I'll probably get some flack for the card I've written down but, ah well!

I feel like I am missing some big names, but can't think of them right now.

Archived