CAWs.ws
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS Feed

Sounds like Roseanne got her show cancelled...

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Generations

Generations

-wrestling has more than one royal family-

• Members
  • 86,168 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

http://money.cnn.com...nton/index.html

Really sucks for the other cast members who have nothing to do with this.

Shame she has to be such a bigot.

#2 Kombatant

Kombatant

Warrior

• Members
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:32 PM

It's a damn shame and it sucks for me as a fan of the show.

#3 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 52,487 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:52 AM

Good. From what I"ve heard, the relaunch of Roseanne is 180 from the original, and the original Roseanne was more progressive.

Sucks for the other casts and crew members though, they're out of a job because of a bigot. 

#4 Kombatant

Kombatant

Warrior

• Members
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:01 AM

It's not that different. There is a lot of political and race subject matter but the show still feels and looks like the old show

#5 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 86,168 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:43 AM

Yeah, I don't know why you'd think that M3J. It was actually a decent show. They did a good job of making it approachable to all types of people...which is exactly the same as the original.

Roseanne herself portrayed a republican...but some of the plot points actually saw her being proven wrong about various shit. It was actually a decent tool for bringing friends and family back together in the name of comedy, IMO. But now it's gone.

Edited by Generations, 30 May 2018 - 02:45 AM.

#6 Kombatant

Kombatant

Warrior

• Members
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:49 AM

Kill off Roseanne and spin off Dan Connor as a widow!

#7 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 86,168 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:50 AM

Or have him divorce her specifically because she's a bigot. Hahaha.

This is the same show that replaced the daughter halfway through production, and then broke the fourth wall about it...they could do it again.

Edited by Generations, 30 May 2018 - 02:52 AM.

#8 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 52,487 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:20 AM

Yeah, I don't know why you'd think that M3J. It was actually a decent show. They did a good job of making it approachable to all types of people...which is exactly the same as the original.

Roseanne herself portrayed a republican...but some of the plot points actually saw her being proven wrong about various shit. It was actually a decent tool for bringing friends and family back together in the name of comedy, IMO. But now it's gone.

From what I've read, she's portraying her character as an everyday Trump supporter to make them look like good people and not bigoted. But yeah, I'm speaking from a point of view of someone who's only heard criticisms of the show, haven't watched it myself. Even the writers have criticized it, I believe? 

Wonder why they didn't do that, actually. Probably they offered, but Roseanne refused? Or since the title of the show is based on Roseanne, it probably made no sense to have a show without the titular character.

#9 MR CONTRARY·

MR CONTRARY·

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 19,716 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:35 PM

From what I've read, she's portraying her character as an everyday Trump supporter to make them look like good people and not bigoted. But yeah, I'm speaking from a point of view of someone who's only heard criticisms of the show, haven't watched it myself. Even the writers have criticized it, I believe? 

Wonder why they didn't do that, actually. Probably they offered, but Roseanne refused? Or since the title of the show is based on Roseanne, it probably made no sense to have a show without the titular character.

They actually never mention Trump in the show

and of course the whole show was built about Rosanna Roseanne's character honestly I don't remember episode of the old show that focus on anyone else but Roseanne's character
And honestly I'm pretty sure a Dan show would bomb

Edited by MR CONTRARY·, 30 May 2018 - 01:34 PM.

#10 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 86,168 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:48 PM

@ M3J - Like I said...there was a decent dynamic on the show that poked fun at all sides of the political spectrum pretty fairly. It was a show that had something for everyone. No one forced you to like Roseanne herself. There were other characters such as Dan or Jackie on the show who outwardly expressed different political opinions from Roseanne. Being the overbearing feminist supporter you are, I'm sure you would have loved Jackie's character this time around (had you actually watched the show).

The show definitely never tried to force people to accept republican politics or think that the far right are good people. The Roseanne character was frequently wrong in her stance, and was proven wrong in a pretty unforgiving fashion. She was basically portrayed as someone who was stubborn and ignorant to a bunch of things, and needed to be reminded on a continual basis that there was more of the world outside of her bubble. And the same went for the other characters. It was a decent show.

Edited by Generations, 30 May 2018 - 03:54 PM.

#11 Kombatant

Kombatant

Warrior

• Members
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:55 PM

^Exactly!

#12 King RyderFan

King RyderFan

Live and let live!

• Members
  • 20,122 posts
  • Gamertag: Fight another fight for another day
  • SEN (PS3): Everything is changed but they should remain
  • Steam ID: I'm fighting until my fists stop feeling, my heart stops beating
  • Twitter: @Rated_CHZRFan

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:05 PM

TBH, cancelling the ahow seens a bit excessive, surely they could have just renamed it and continued on without her?

#13 Ernez

Ernez

People Power

• Universal Moderator
  • 13,287 posts
  • Gamertag: Ernez

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:17 PM

Pretty much as Gen said, a lot in the show she looked like the person doing the wrong. She was a republican and even talked about things like immigrants and things but at the end of the episode she learned a lesson. 

#14 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 86,168 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:22 PM

TBH, cancelling the ahow seens a bit excessive, surely they could have just renamed it and continued on without her?

Right. Or even forced Roseanne herself to forfeit a large portion of her earnings to charity or something. I definitely think there were a ton of other ways around this. The show was really only about her in name alone. It could have been spun in another direction. 

And I'm not usually in favor of people pursuing lawsuits. But I do hope that at least some of the cast members choose to sue Roseanne for costing them what was essentially the best work that some of them had seen in decades (or even the "big break" for some of the younger stars). Shitty how many lives she disrupted by being the way she is. 

Edited by Generations, 30 May 2018 - 04:23 PM.

#15 NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep

Classy Ace... best Ace!

• Members
  • 4,229 posts
  • SEN (PS3): N3GAT1VE_CR33P
  • Steam ID: n3gativecr33p
  • Twitter: @N3gativeCr33p

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

Just when I thought I'd have Aunt Jackie back in my life on a weekly basis, Roseanne goes and screws it up.

RIP Roseanne (the reboot).... it was a fun ride while it lasted.

#16 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 86,168 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

People already suggested just having a show called 'Jackie'...lmao.

I already saw a graphic someone made that just said "Jackie - you watched it for her anyway". :lol:

#17 NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep

Classy Ace... best Ace!

• Members
  • 4,229 posts
  • SEN (PS3): N3GAT1VE_CR33P
  • Steam ID: n3gativecr33p
  • Twitter: @N3gativeCr33p

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:35 PM

Aunt Jackie - Dan - Darlene

My top three favorites on the show.... even going back to OG 1980s 'Roseanne'.

#18 Ernez

Ernez

People Power

• Universal Moderator
  • 13,287 posts
  • Gamertag: Ernez

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:36 PM

People already suggested just having a show called 'Jackie'...lmao.

I already saw a graphic someone made that just said "Jackie - you watched it for her anyway". :lol:

Honestly tho, "Jackie" sounds like it would attract more people than "Roseanne" lol

#19 EJ!

EJ!

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 19,832 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

Imagine revitalizing your career and all you had to sustain it was just not be racist by calling a black woman an ape. Like thats ALL you had to do. Youve been a questionable person for a long time and STILL got a show but you couldnt help but be racist. I feel no sympathy.

I read an article that said there was apparently a clause in the cast members contracts that said if you do some out of pocket shit like this that hurts the brand, yeah youre outta here and Im assuming since shes the main character, probably no show without her.

Like she clearly shouldnt have been trusted to begin with: https://twitter.com/...8336137217?s=21

Edited by EJ!, 30 May 2018 - 04:46 PM.

#20 MR CONTRARY·

MR CONTRARY·

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 19,716 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:43 PM

Right. Or even forced Roseanne herself to forfeit a large portion of her earnings to charity or something. I definitely think there were a ton of other ways around this. The show was really only about her in name alone. It could have been spun in another direction. 

And I'm not usually in favor of people pursuing lawsuits. But I do hope that at least some of the cast members choose to sue Roseanne for costing them what was essentially the best work that some of them had seen in decades (or even the "big break" for some of the younger stars). Shitty how many lives she disrupted by being the way she is. 

Remember this is the same company that cancelled Last Man Standing when they were on their Prime of ratings and show Disney caves under any kind of pressure