Which wrestler held the WWE Title for the most days each year

WWE Network

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Miz's reign apart from the ending.

This. Guy was a really entertaining champion, but dropping to Cena in the Steel Cage kinda sucked. Course, that did lead to Punk vs Cena later that year, so that makes me look back on it in a better light.

He lost in an I Quit match.

This. Guy was a really entertaining champion, but dropping to Cena in the Steel Cage kinda sucked. Course, that did lead to Punk vs Cena later that year, so that makes me look back on it in a better light.

Oh, wow. I remember that. It was hard to watch, pretty terrible imo.

Oh, wow. I remember that. It was hard to watch, pretty terrible imo.

Yup. Cena got TORTURED for like 40 minutes and then just knocked out Riley and made Miz tap in one second. Terrible.

but the actual title lose was @ Extreme Rules in a Triple Threat cage match with Morrison also in it. The I Quit match was at Over the Limit with Cena as the Champion, which made the whole "match" look even more ridiculous. >.<

but the actual title lose was @ Extreme Rules in a Triple Threat cage match with Morrison also in it. The I Quit match was at Over the Limit with Cena as the Champion, which made the whole "match" look even more ridiculous. >.<

Oooh, really? Well, my bad.

I wonder how many days Austin held it in 1999. The damn title was such a hot potato during that year.

In 1999, he held from WrestleMania til SummerSlam, that's at least a good 90 days.

He held it till Over the Limit in May where Taker beat em, won it again in June, then dropped it at Summerslam. I think the number's around 100 days total between both runs.

Miz should've kidnapped one of the kids that's wearing an Cena shirt and threat to hurt them unless Cena says I Quit. Perfect way to cover up both men. But this is the Universe Era, so yeah...

Wouldn't work. John Cena NEVER gives up.

Miz should've kidnapped one of the kids that's wearing an Cena shirt and threat to hurt them unless Cena says I Quit. Perfect way to cover up both men. But this is the Universe Era, so yeah...

Would work just aswell with a female fan. Cena clobbers Riley, has his eyes set on Miz and out of desperation grabs a nearby female fan. Miz implies he will hurt her unless Cena says ''I quit'' and Cena complies. Miz lets her go and Cena checks on her to see if she's OK and boom! Low blow!

Cena loses without looking weak and a new femal wrestler debuts with some serious momentum.

I wonder how many days Austin held it in 1999. The damn title was such a hot potato during that year.

In 1999, he held from WrestleMania til SummerSlam, that's at least a good 90 days.

He held it till Over the Limit in May where Taker beat em, won it again in June, then dropped it at Summerslam. I think the number's around 100 days total between both runs.

Ah, yea...that's right, I totally forgot about that. Tells ya, how forgetable that one reign was for Taker lol

Not a single mention of Edge on that list. He should have had longer reigns.

well...he was more the World Heavyweight Champion-guy.

He still held the WWE Title about 5x though. He could have at least had a few of these as longish reigns instead of winning from Cena, then dropping it back and then winning it again only to drop it back to Cena. They even had Edge return from injury only to drop it to Jeff Hardy when Triple H could have done that himself.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Updated again. No matter who wins the title at Survivor Series, Seth Rollins will have held it the most days in 2015.

Unless he says the N-word and Vince erases him.

You should visit WWE.com from time to time. Has an interesting WWE Championship history.

Archived