InFAMOUS: Second Son

Chazzle.

36O9BV4.jpg

Console: Playstation 4 Release: February 2014

"Gameplay will be similar to the previous Infamous games, sharing the open world element, as well as it's third person shooter design. Delsin will use the chain wrapped around his arm as his main melee weapon, which will be used in conjunction with other powers that he absorbs throughout the game. Instead of the typical aiming system from the previous games, the player will not need to hold down the L1 button to aim, and will just be able to fire whenever they want, using a permanent reticle on screen to aim. Parkour returns as a major element, and is executed in the same way; by jumping up walls, Delsin will automatically grab ledges, from which he can hang, pull himself to another ledge, or fire his weapons. Currently, Delsin's only powers are smoke based, but Sucker Punch has revealed that he will absorb more powers, and that smoke is only the "tip of the iceberg."

Trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaG_yO3uOFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YL1gf8AG1Q

Screenshots:

YN3MaAJ.jpg

NSWBEVN.jpg

Our6IQz.jpg

py1YmXN.jpg

T53HDI6.jpg

3feFwYe.jpg

lSKAVZm.jpg

gzF3cNz.jpg

e2WUhfp.jpg

F9ZtpNq.jpg

B9b4FSm.jpg

DKVBADm.jpg

H84w8c5.jpg

c6yBnV2.jpg

4JBnWtp.jpg

65XrNSL.jpg

HpBX8k9.jpg

EzI0mPE.jpg

eOgrSj6.jpg

0v36Vnv.jpg

EmAabPw.jpg

TwtwFFS.jpg

z7wfpoe.jpg

p79PFbm.jpg

BJzTRxf.jpg

wSb2Huj.jpg

J7tj1oc.jpg

BKxhj8C.jpg

hswbesQ.jpg

lORYrjq.jpg

k3YnA8q.jpg

Gameplay:

I really like the new Character Delsin. He is a lot more flamboyant, arrogant/cocky type. Cole was a bit dull. Also, Delsin's abilities seem a lot cooler than Cole's and he will be able to absorb other Conduit's energy as well which seems pretty awesome.

This will be one of the better exclusives of PS4.

Are the games storylines linked? Do I need to play one to understand the other?

The first two are, Yes. The Third one has the back story which is related to the second one's ending but It's a new Chapter with new character and City.

Though you could start off with the second one as it does explain what happens in the first, I would fully recommend playing both. It's a unique series with two different paths and endings. You can take the Hero path or the Villain path so basically two playthroughs on both.

Are the games storylines linked? Do I need to play one to understand the other?

The first two are, Yes. The Third one has the back story which is related to the second one's ending but It's a new Chapter with new character and City.

Though you could start off with the second one as it does explain what happens in the first, I would fully recommend playing both. It's a unique series with two different paths and endings. You can take the Hero path or the Villain path so basically two playthroughs on both.

Sounds really cool. My friends have been recommending it to me for a while, but I always don't do anything about it.

Which path did you take?

I did both lol. Took the Evil path on my first go and then did the Hero one. You also have sort different power upgrades depending on whether you are a villain or hero. I found villain upgrades a lot cooler.

One first one, it don't really matter but on the second one, make sure to do the hero ending as well. Because the third one carries on from the Infamous 2's good ending/hero ending.

I also suggest anyone new to the series who are planning to play Infamous 2, don't read up too much on the setting of Infamous second son as it will sort of spoil the hero ending of Infamous 2 for ya.

I thought this was coming out later this year.

This game is a big reason why I wanna get the PS4 earlier than I planned to. It looks amazing and I already love the new character, he already seems way better than Cole who was boring. Plus fire/smoke powers are sick.

Multiplayer can be very interesting. I believe it will be Heroes vs Villains with both sides having different set of powers and abilities. I think it can work but they will have to be careful with how they let the abilities be used by players.

I've not played either. I've got the first one though as part as the welcome back thing when PSN went down.

Don't bother with the first game, as all of the characters are so unlikeable. Besides, Infamous 2 explains the gist of the first game. Plus they fixed th'e majority of what was wrong with the first game, mainly making Cole and Zeke likeable.

I really like the new Character Delsin. He is a lot more flamboyant, arrogant/cocky type. Cole was a bit dull. Also, Delsin's abilities seem a lot cooler than Cole's and he will be able to absorb other Conduit's energy as well which seems pretty awesome.

This will be one of the better exclusives of PS4.

Cole wasn't bad in Infamous 2, but he was horrible in the first game.

Infamous 2 is definitely on my list of games to get for PS4 (up there with the new Killzone game).

• 6 months later...

As I've preordered the Collector's Edition, it'll cost me $160. I've got $50 down so far.

AnrwCgZ.jpg

Epic.

Don't forget that it comes with DLC. And if you preorder from EB Games (which I've done), you get DLC jackets for Delsin, and a 5" figure of Delsin.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived