Football Thread.

Ernez

About the Liverpool starting 11 in the cup, Is Danny Wilson injured or has Kenny Dalglish forgotten he exists?

As for Arsenal i said the only position in which i believe Tottenham are weaker than them is up front. Adebayor will solve that.

I've heard Kenny doesn't rate him. This came from Darryl Broadfoot (I think it was him) the other day on Superscore broad.

Shame really, as I really liked Danny at Rangers. I thought he looked like a right good player.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was already signed before Roy came in.

Problem is we can't really afford to throw a young CB in to games at the moment. We had to at full back becasue of injuries and it's an easier position to get away with mistakes. I'd be suprised if he didn't start against Exeter, if he doesn't we're probably looking to loan him out.

Liverpool signed him based on his potential though. I wouldn't expect any prem team to play him except maybe Norwich or Swansea. Or maybe Woy could bwing him to West Bwom.

It's a shame we had no money when he was with us. There's another player who we should have got on a long term contract before anyone else started sniffing around.

No idea how some bum *censored* team from Russia (the area they play in has suffered from violence for a while), who fly their players in from Moscow for matches and pay players this sort of stupid money can comply with the FFP rules. Looking forward to see how they plan on getting round that and how Uefa bend over for them.

Mr Kerimov told the Financial Times he had spent $100m of his own money on the club and on the acquisition of players such as Eto’o and that a €1bn investment programme was planned over the next five years to maintain and build better facilities in Makhachkala, including both a state-of-art ­stadium and five-star hotels.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/af3e79de-cdb4-11e0-bb4f-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz1VtPBwGcA

Good luck with this.

Schweinsteiger won't leave Munich. Germans are notable for being loyal to their home country and I doubt he would even leave Munich for another German club.

I don't know why, but when I read your posts in this thread, it's as if I'm reading a Football encyclopedia :P.

luckily for me, I had this copied to my clipboard before the server went down, and as I was running a scan, my laptop was left on overnight :P Therefore here's what was typed last night...

Schweinsteiger won't leave Munich. Germans are notable for being loyal to their home country and I doubt he would even leave Munich for another German club.

That made me lol. The young Germans of today aren't what they were. Schweinsteiger was lucky in that he came through when people like Torsten Frings, Mehmet Scholl and Oliver Kahn was still at the club, which probably helped him earn the proper respect for the club, league and country.

You look at today, and there's guys like Ozil and Khedira abandoning their home league and teams for La Liga. I have little doubt that players like Gotze, Ayik and maybe even Marin will abandon the Bundesliga in years to come too. It's a shame, but there really is a lack of loyalty in modern day football, even in Germany.

One of the reasons I expect Per Mertesacker to stay at Bremen is because he came through at the right time. He has the proper respect for the league and the club, and that's why I expect him to stay, or at least not for a rip off price. Loyal Germans are unfortunately a rare commodity.

Archived