Mass shooting thread

Mango kid

I still wanna know why anyone needs to own anything bigger than a handgun, it's completely unnecessary. But then again, a lot of things most gun owners have said are *censored*ed up, and it shows how twisted they are, at least when it comes to guns.

Why do you need to know? It isn't about a need. You don't need to ask questions and you don't really need to know but you can and you do. Pretty simple, right?

I wanna know why gun owners are so gung-ho on wanting to own unnecessary guns. Are they planning on waging a war? Coordinate mass shootings throughout the country? I wanna know why gun owners come up with bullshit like Obama being behind mass shootings to ban guns or claiming the Newtown school massacre is a hoax. We do need to ask questions and know why you wackos are obsessed with wanting more and bigger guns.

Not all of them are wackos, my dad has several guns himself.His dad, who was a vet. in the army, handed down his guns to him (plus he had some for hunting), after he passed and majority of the guns actually still could be used

Are/were they fighting for anyone to be able to buy bigger and more dangerous guns without proper background checks?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still wanna know why anyone needs to own anything bigger than a handgun, it's completely unnecessary. But then again, a lot of things most gun owners have said are *censored*ed up, and it shows how twisted they are, at least when it comes to guns.

Why do you need to know? It isn't about a need. You don't need to ask questions and you don't really need to know but you can and you do. Pretty simple, right?

I wanna know why gun owners are so gung-ho on wanting to own unnecessary guns. Are they planning on waging a war? Coordinate mass shootings throughout the country? I wanna know why gun owners come up with bullshit like Obama being behind mass shootings to ban guns or claiming the Newtown school massacre is a hoax. We do need to ask questions and know why you wackos are obsessed with wanting more and bigger guns.

Not all of them are wackos, my dad has several guns himself.His dad, who was a vet. in the army, handed down his guns to him (plus he had some for hunting), after he passed and majority of the guns actually still could be used

Are/were they fighting for anyone to be able to buy bigger and more dangerous guns without proper background checks?

Now hold on. This shit again. First you go from people buying guns or having/wanting certain types of guns to wanting certain types of guns without background checks being a focus? Again no one said shit about no background checks that I remember. Even still, how can someone give you answers if your always changing the question. You're manipulating your point to pretty much go against anyone that says anything besides your beliefs.

So which is It? You think gun owners are wackos or just the ones that don't want background checks? Because you just generalized before.

Nope sorry. Your grandfather and father are both wackos who think school massacres are hoaxs. Not generalizing or anything, but its true. Your grandfather also secretly supported Hitler during the war too....because he owned a gun.

See...it's this kind of sarcastic tone that really devalues any sort of legitimate discussion or debate.

No one ever said that all gun owners are whackos, or suggested that there was something wrong with people owning guns responsibly. When M3J said we need to know why gun whackos are obsessed with wanting more guns...he was obviously talking about a very specific genre of people...(those people being the type who want more and more just for the sake of wanting an arsenal). M3J is just really bad at posting anything that doesn't come off as completely ridiculous.

And, I'm sorry if you believe that owning a personal arsenal is a necessary or responsible way to be...but, it isn't. And that type of behavior should definitely be scrutinized. The mentality of surrounding yourself with dozens and dozens of firearms is certainly not a reasonable way to be. No one needs more than a few different firearms for different types of shooting. If you have a shed behind your house that's stocked up with crates of ammo and guns from floor to ceiling, then you're more than just a firearm enthusiast.

Also, I think there is a big difference between owning historical firearms that family members have passed down as heirlooms...and, say...going and buying a collection of modern machine guns. I myself have firearms that were used in WWII...but that's just a different discussion entirely.

My bad for generalizing, but I thought it was obvious that I didn't consider all gun owners wackos. Mainly people like those in the NRA and bdon for wanting more people to have more guns and having stupidass conspiracy theories and bullshit. Mass shootings happen, and all we get is thoughts and prayers while being okay with anyone, no matter how mentally unstable or how *censored*ed up, getting guns. And somehow, guns are compared to knives or trucks or whatever else.

Now take people who like to collect guns, who shoot guns at shooting ranges, and use guns responsibly. Those people are good, as long as they don't kill others without a reason. There's nothing wrong with owning a gun, provided the person is capable of actually owning it.

Interestingly, one common link most shooters/mass shooters have is a history of violence/domestic violence. Should mean that those who have been violent towards their spouse or have anger issues should not be able to own guns, point blank. Yet you'll have wackos arguing otherwise.

Yeah, the main argument should always be about pre-exisitng issues. Hell...if you can be denied medical insurance because you might cost the company too much money with a pre-exisitng condition...then you'd think gun ownership would be the same way. But, gun fanatics love to argue that the second amendment guarantees every single person the right to bare arms...and they refuse to admit that there should be any sort of wiggle room when it comes to people who really should be excluded from it.

And that's the main thing...there are exceptions to every rule. That goes for absolutely everything in life. It may be a constitutional right to own a weapon to protect yourself...but if you're a sick person with no understanding of what's actually happening around you...then, no...you don't get that right. That right becomes null for you. If you're a schizo who is going to shoot the mailman because he looks like a lizard person...then you don't get a gun. That's all that anyone is really asking here.

Yeah, the main argument should always be about pre-exisitng issues. Hell...if you can be denied medical insurance because you might cost the company too much money with a pre-exisitng condition...then you'd think gun ownership would be the same way. But, gun fanatics love to argue that the second amendment guarantees every single person the right to bare arms...and they refuse to admit that there should be any sort of wiggle room when it comes to people who really should be excluded from it.

And that's the main thing...there are exceptions to every rule. That goes for absolutely everything in life. It may be a constitutional right to own a weapon to protect yourself...but if you're a sick person with no understanding of what's actually happening around you...then, no...you don't get that right. That right becomes null for you. If you're a schizo who is going to shoot the mailman because he looks like a lizard person...then you don't get a gun. That's all that anyone is really asking here.

Exactly. I don't see what's wrong with not being able to get guns quickly or not allowing some people to get guns. Keeps the country safer, ,even.

Honestly the Second Amendment allows you to have guns but it doesn't specify how many guns you can have. Wouldn't it be unconstitutional for the government to say only Americans have one gun

no one's saying Americans should only have one gun, but at the very least some people shouldn't have a right to own guns. Mentally ill, violent people, and people with history of domestic violence, for example.

Exactly. I don't see what's wrong with not being able to get guns quickly or not allowing some people to get guns. Keeps the country safer, ,even.

Honestly the Second Amendment allows you to have guns but it doesn't specify how many guns you can have. Wouldn't it be unconstitutional for the government to say only Americans have one gun

no one's saying Americans should only have one gun, but at the very least some people shouldn't have a right to own guns. Mentally ill, violent people, and people with history of domestic violence, for example.

Already laws against that.

Oh ok. Well let's just amend amendments. Hell we'll tear it all apart and be like other countries. Where we can get tickets or jailed for tweeting something offensive or mean. A lot of people really take the constitution for granted. But yeah lets just change shit just to do.

Truth is, you nor anyone will be able to agree on what it should be. You wouldn't know how to fight it. So it won't change. You can think its stupid all you want but there isn't anything you can do to change it. It's the damn constitution lol.

"Oh ok. Well let's just amend amendments."

Yes. So long as they're demonstrably stupid.

"Hell we'll tear it all apart and be like other countries. Where we can get tickets or jailed for tweeting something offensive or mean."

Tearing it all apart wouldn't mean that we would have to be like other countries. Not that anyone here is even advocating the idea of "tearing it all apart" in the first place. What a weird-ass non sequitur on you part.

"But yeah lets just change shit just to do."

Strawman. No one is proposing that we should change shit "just because". Change shit when it's demonstrably stupid, logically.

"You can think its stupid all you want but there isn't anything you can do to change it."

I don't care about changing it. I just like being right.

• 4 weeks later...

Five deputies were shot though. If they had machine guns or some shit, they'd have killed the gunman already.

Or a tank.

Or a grenade launcher.

Five deputies were shot though. If they had machine guns or some shit, they'd have killed the gunman already.

Why do you have to be an idiot?

It's common sense. If more people have guns, then more likely they are to stop shootings from happening or getting worse! If more people during the Vegas shooting had guns, they'd have found the shooter and stopped him!

/gun obsessed maniacs' logic

Leave it to M3J to take a situation and push his own dumbshit agenda because how dare someone else think differently. Nah, he just mocks them. You know that could also be considered flame baiting, right? No biggie when you do it though I guess. So tolerant.

Me wanting less mass shootings and gun homicide is a dumbshit agenda? I know you're ignorant, but I didn't know you had a problem with someone (and I'm not the only one, shockingly enough) wanting to stop mass shootings! This has nothing to do with thinking differently, but the fact that claiming more guns will help is a dumbass argument. Stupid logic like that deserves to be mocked, especially when these same people advocate to allow guns in sporting events where people get heated and get into fights. This isn't about differences of opinion, like you want to believe.

My favorite thing about someone sarcastically saying "how tolerant" is that they're way less tolerant to anything that disagrees with them. You're the one who went from saying "we should compromise" to "neener neener we have First Amendment you can't do anything about it, dumb*censored*s!" That's considered even more of flamebaiting and far less tolerant. Yet it's okay when you do it, huh.

Me wanting less mass shootings and gun homicide is a dumbshit agenda? I know you're ignorant, but I didn't know you had a problem with someone (and I'm not the only one, shockingly enough) wanting to stop mass shootings! This has nothing to do with thinking differently, but the fact that claiming more guns will help is a dumbass argument. Stupid logic like that deserves to be mocked, especially when these same people advocate to allow guns in sporting events where people get heated and get into fights. This isn't about differences of opinion, like you want to believe.

My favorite thing about someone sarcastically saying "how tolerant" is that they're way less tolerant to anything that disagrees with them. You're the one who went from saying "we should compromise" to "neener neener we have First Amendment you can't do anything about it, dumb*censored*s!" That's considered even more of flamebaiting and far less tolerant. Yet it's okay when you do it, huh.

You playing the "I just want less mass shootings" card doesn't give you the moral high ground as much as you want it too, here. You mocking someone to a level beyond reason because you don't like gun ownership on the same level as them or agree is not only stupid but childish. You saying it deserves only adds to my point. What is anyone supposed to say to that other than not take you seriously? And you throwing around words like "logic" in this case doesn't do shit for you. That's subjective.

I also remember saying for arguments sake, what everyone would be willing to compromise on. Only problem is that those that want stricter gun control want to take a mile for every inch someone gives them. I've also stated many times that no matter what we do it won't be enough and you would never be satisfied anyway. You're chasing a fantasy if you think there's more you can do to stop people from killing each other. Go ahead though. Keep on keepin on. It's doing wonders for you now.

Leave it to M3J to take a situation and push his own dumbshit agenda because how dare someone else think differently. Nah, he just mocks them. You know that could also be considered flame baiting, right? No biggie when you do it though I guess. So tolerant.

Are you self aware?

Are you self aware?

Do you have an opinion yet? It's a new year and all so there's hope.

Are you self aware?

Willing to bet you he's not, at all.

Archived