U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, no one saw this coming. /sarcasm

Hope Bernie wins. If he does all that he says, then he'd probably be the first president since FDR to do good for the people who aren't wealthy.

You saw it coming that a judge will cry?

Bernie ain't winning anything. And doubt that he would manage to do anything significant in that regard.

With some presidents it's about them, with some it isn't. Passing laws, legislations is more than just who is the POTUS.

Getting questioned for their bigotry/getting in some shit.

Bernie still has a chance. But also, hence why I said if he does all that he says - mixture of him and others that could stop him from helping Americans, shitheads like McConnell.

Just read that Trump is leaving NY after his presidency and wants to move to Flordia.

A) Good. Get the *Censored* out.

B) Gonna be funny watching you deny climate change while you're under the sea.

C) With any luck, you'll be in prison instead.

I've got my post of the year vote right here.

Dude got booed at UFC 244 too. Guess he didn't get enough at the World Series.

If any large public audience was going to cheer this dude, I would have put money on UFC. Really says a lot. Same crowd that will chant "USA" in a fight with a foreign fighter just because they're biased. But they boo this dude. I'm laughing.

Dude got booed at UFC 244 too. Guess he didn't get enough at the World Series.

If any large public audience was going to cheer this dude, I would have put money on UFC. Really says a lot. Same crowd that will chant "USA" in a fight with a foreign fighter just because they're biased. But they boo this dude. I'm laughing.

Wrestling or UFC is where i thought the guy get cheered, not insulting this fanbase but i just assume that crowd will cheer for him just because being the "President" and stuff.

Its a really nice thing to see that someone as vile and awful as Trump gets the deserved treatment when you have him in a more open space which shows that america isnt behind him at all.

I'm just waiting for the comment he makes about Nationals fans when the Astros win the World Series tonight and visit the white house.

I'm glad I was wrong about this. Watching people freak out because the Nationals attended the White House and their catcher put on a MAGA hat is soooo much more entertaining.

That shit happened IN Mexico.

How the *Censored* would a wall prevent that?

Furthermore, that's the exact type of reason why good, honest families are fleeing Mexico to come to the US...

The cartels business and influence do not end at the Mexico border. Here's one of many examples.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/08/27/playa-bagdad-us-mexico-border-town-occupied-drugs-crime-cartel/2131161001/

The cartels business and influence do not end at the Mexico border. Here's one of many examples.

Neither does the US' homegrown crime.

Much of Mexico's crime exists in the first place because the US has a demand for drugs. Stop acting like this shit is one-sided. It ain't.

Never said it was. But your argument is basically boiling down to "There are some people in the U.S. that do terrible crap, so no reason to protect U.S. civilians from people from other countries that do terrible crap."

But your argument is basically boiling down to "There are some people in the U.S. that do terrible crap, so no reason to protect U.S. civilians from people from other countries that do terrible crap."

Narrative...creating your own, you are.

giphy.gif

I can only go off of the silly response you posted.

Except...only one of us is suggesting that a *censored*ing wall is going to limit crime on one side or another.

So...

And you countered with a whataboutism. And I never said that a wall would limit crime on one side or the other. I am saying that a wall will limit crime coming from one side to the other.

Except...only one of us is suggesting that a *censored*ing wall is going to limit crime on one side or another.

So...

And you countered with a whataboutism.

Have you considered...that maybe people don't bother giving you lengthy responses, because you are always full of shit, and/or posting garbage phrases like "whataboutism" and "nothingburger"? Because...you know...

I said what I said. Both sides have crime. The story you posted was about crime in Mexico. A wall doesn't stop Mexican criminals from entering the US, nor does it stop US criminals from entering Mexico. Your world views are incredibly limited, in the fact that you sincerely seem to believe that borders are ironclad, and that a wall is going to tell people what they can and cannot do. The world is bigger and more open than your outdated perspective accounts for. And I don't know what else to say about that. Crime is bad. Crime is a part of life. Walls don't stop crime from spreading. Period.

So...

And you countered with a whataboutism.

Have you considered...that maybe people don't bother giving you lengthy responses, because you are always full of shit, and/or posting garbage phrases like "whataboutism" and "nothingburger"? Because...you know...

I said what I said. Both sides have crime. The story you posted was about crime in Mexico. A wall doesn't stop Mexican criminals from entering the US, nor does it stop US criminals from entering Mexico. Your world views are incredibly limited, in the fact that you sincerely seem to believe that borders are ironclad, and that a wall is going to tell people what they can and cannot do. The world is bigger and more open than your outdated perspective accounts for. And I don't know what else to say about that. Crime is bad. Crime is a part of life. Walls don't stop crime from spreading. Period.

What you posted was a whataboutism. It's an intellectual fallacy. And the goal isn't to stop crime. That is impossible. The objective is to deter and limit crime as much as possible, which is what the wall would help accomplish.

Example: A speed limit sign doesn't stop people from speeding. But it deters and limits the amount of speeders on the road.

A wall surely prevented people from fleeing to Western Germany. Oh, wait...no

It didn't. People did so anyway or were killed or imprisoned for trying.

We're still living with the remifications of that.

It prevented a lot of people leaving Eastern Germany. And the Iron Curtain's purpose wasn't to keep people out. It was to keep people in.

The objective is to deter and limit crime as much as possible, which is what the wall would help accomplish.

Example: A speed limit sign doesn't stop people from speeding. But it deters and limits the amount of speeders on the road.

And there already is a fence on the Mexican border. Has been. Trump's wall is just for people who don't understand that for some reason. A wall and a fence serve the same purpose. And neither is a quality deterrent for crime. People can climb Trump's wall in 50 seconds flat...and drug traffickers can cut holes in the wall with a $100 power saw in mere minutes. Please tell me where the crime has been stopped (or even deterred)...because, it hasn't.

And the Iron Curtain's purpose wasn't to keep people out. It was to keep people in.

I wonder if you thought about the ramifications of this statement when you typed it...

or if the irony went right over your head. :lol:

The objective is to deter and limit crime as much as possible, which is what the wall would help accomplish.

And there already is a fence on the Mexican border. Has been. Trump's wall is just for people who don't understand that for some reason. A wall and a fence serve the same purpose. And neither is a quality deterrent for crime. People can climb Trump's wall in 50 seconds flat...and drug traffickers can cut holes in the wall with a $100 power saw in mere minutes. Please tell me where the crime has been stopped (or even deterred)...because, it hasn't.

And the Iron Curtain's purpose wasn't to keep people out. It was to keep people in.

I wonder if you thought about the ramifications of this statement when you typed it...

or if the irony went right over your head. :lol:

Fences do nothing.

They can cut holes in concrete slabs with a $100 saw?

And what ramifications might that be?

Build a wall around your house if you want. And keep of those pesky cartel killers.

"I'm against war not approved by Congress." But's it's ok to support funding for the thing that congress refused to give him the funding for? Nice.

There was literally no "whataboutism" in what Gen said. He was trying to make a comparison.

Stop being paranoid that a Mexican drug cartel will cross the border and kill you and your family for no reason whatsoever. You are not that important.

Archived