God of War Series (Ragnarök 2022)

Jeb ★

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished the main story ... boy this was amazing!

MAJOR ending spoilers

These *censored*ers have the nerve to tease Kratos vs Thor, *censored*ing Hel(heim) :lol:

I know I'd want Kratos to win, but I'd guess Thor kills Kratos and that's how Atreus (whose other name is Loki, now that's some *censored*ing trickster twist) is adopted or something. But if there's a God of War 5 then Kratos ain't dying yet lol

When the world serpent said it'd seen Atreus before ... it's because Loki's its father :lol:

all right, now to do side missions, travel the other realms and kill those Valkyries lol

this one has minor spoilers (boy)

I like how this game keeps getting longer and longer. There are a lot of games where they do that, and it annoys the crap out of me...but I fully appreciate it here.

I just killed the dragon on the mountain and made it to the top of the first summit, which was the original goal. And I love that the game just pulled a "the princess is in another castle" and is sending me off to another mountain in another realm. Lol. No complaints at all. But I do suspect that there still isn't a whole lot left to do, because my armor and skills are all getting ranked up pretty high at this point. I figure that's probably a decent indication of how much is actually left.

I had to stop for tonight, because I can't just keep playing indefinitely. But as soon as I start again tomorrow, I'm basically backtracking and using my new exploding sap crystal arrows to get the rest of those chests, if I can track them down again. More random exploring. I never expected so much random exploring in God of War. I love it.

Edited by Generations

Bro this game is long as shit. Every time I think okay yeah this is the end the game responds with lmaoooooooo here are six new enemy types and two bosses. I just checked the chapter list and Im like barely halfway done. Im enjoying the game dont get me wrong but I guess Im not used to playing linear games that take more than a few days to beat. The last one I played was Wolfenstein and I think I was finishing up by this time.

Yeah...I'm guessing it's longer than I thought. Like I said...my skills are almost complete. But maybe that's not as strong of an indicator as I thought. I guess each one of those temples is a different realm...and I've literally only gone to like...two of them. Just floating around in my little canoe...exploring. :lol:

Edited by Generations

Yeah...I'm guessing it's longer than I thought. Like I said...my skills are almost complete. But maybe that's not as strong of an indicator as I thought. I guess each one of those temples is a different realm...and I've literally only gone to like...two of them. Just floating around in my little canoe...exploring. :lol:

See Im not even exploring and thats why I thought I was almost done lol. Ive done maybe one side mission but other than that its been strictly Journey missions.

When you go back to his house to get the

OG God of War blades

I was sure that was like the finale but then I noticed its upgradeable with a skill tree.

Finished the main quest last night. Wow... just wow... The only way this will not be GOTY is if Red Dead 2 is a masterpiece.

Which it will be.

Those two are definitely going to be in close contention for GotY. Probably Kingdom Hearts 3 as well (if it actually does come out in October like the last I heard). I mean...damn, what a big step up from last year when Legend of Zelda swept everything. There's no way that Breath of the Wild would have beaten all the amazing games in 2018. Nintendo got lucky with that timing.

Anyway...major spoiler:

Just got the blades of chaos. Those feels...

And I have a hard time believing that Kratos of all people would be dumb enough to leave the broken arrow on Atreus' quiver strap after he was told to destroy them all. Thing is neon *censored*ing green. Not like it's easy to miss.

Edited by Generations

Finished the main quest last night. Wow... just wow... The only way this will not be GOTY is if Red Dead 2 is a masterpiece.

Which it will be.

Those two are definitely going to be in close contention for GotY. Probably Kingdom Hearts 3 as well (if it actually does come out in October like the last I heard). I mean...damn, what a big step up from last year when Legend of Zelda swept everything. There's no way that Breath of the Wild would have beaten all the amazing games in 2018. Nintendo got lucky with that timing.

Anyway...major spoiler:

Just got the blades of chaos. Those feels...

And I have a hard time believing that Kratos of all people would be dumb enough to leave the broken arrow on Atreus' quiver strap after he was told to destroy them all. Thing is neon *censored*ing green. Not like it's easy to miss.

Well that's just not true at all. Breath of the Wild didn't get lucky and would be a GOTY contendor any year. It was up against Mario Odyssey lol which was as tough as the competition gets.

Truth is, Nintendo games are always rated with rose-tinted glasses...and that's fine. I'm just saying, what a difference a year makes. No reason to turn it into a debate or an argument of any kind. 2017 was a lackluster year for huge titles. 2018 has GoW, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Kingdom Hearts 3, which are all as big as big games can get. It's not a simple decision this time around. It's going to be interesting how that vote comes down when the time arrives. Last year, every single person expected that Zelda would win. This year, it's a toss-up. I never once said that BotW wouldn't be a contender in any year...I just said it was an easy sweep.

Edited by Generations

"There's no way that Breath of the Wild would have beaten all the amazing games in 2018" I was referencing this. Which it prettty certain it would have done.

Funny how you say their games are rated with rose tinted glasses, when you're in the minority about that one.

Yeah...I said there's no way it would have beaten them. "Would be a contender" =/= "beaten".

I agree, it would have been a contender...but, there's no way that the majority of people would play both games and rank 'Breath of the Wild' over GoW 2018. Hell, I really don't think most people would even rank 'Breath of the Wild' as the best LoZ game. That should be telling right there. Even the biggest Nintendo die-hards know that Nintendo games get a pass for nostalgia.

I own all three consoles, and I play all the biggest games that come out for all three. It's my opinion that 'Breath of the Wild' was lucky to come out when it did. I'll take that shit to my grave. And again, that really wasn't what I was saying anyway...what I was saying was harmless. I was saying that Nintendo had no strong opposition in 2017. I'm saying that would not be the same story now.

It was a harmless comment about GoW, RDR2, and KH3 being powerhouse games that are going to make 2018 a very interesting year to pick a GotY...whereas LoZ basically got a free pass against non-existent opposition. And Mario barely counts...because Nintendo vs Nintendo isn't a real showdown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to GoW itself...

I *censored*ing marked out when:

Atreus tried to channel Spartan rage.

Edited by Generations

Finally beat it. This was my first time actually playing God of War since I grew up mostly playing Xbox, I would just watch the playthroughs and stuff on Youtube. I think I picked the perfect time to actually experience it firsthand.

Before this came out I didnt think this would start another trilogy but I think some of us can agree there's definitely gonna be two more of this Kratos and Atreus in the Norse world, no?

Before this came out I didnt think this would start another trilogy but I think some of us can agree there's definitely gonna be two more of this Kratos and Atreus in the Norse world, no?

Only thing I know is Freya is bout to be a real magical pain in the dick next game. I fear her more than Odin at this point

Definitely glad that I figured out how this game should be played pretty early on. I would never want to finish the main story before doing all the side stuff. I know that I would get bored with that. So, I'm definitely winding down with the story...but I'm winding down with the side stuff at a comparable rate...balancing both sides of the game nicely. Only thing that I'm leaving until the very end, are the Valkyries...because they're a pain in my nutbag.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

EJ (since I know you beat the game)...

During the part when you make the ship fly in Helheim, did you happen to catch that Atreus was yelling "port" and "starboard" to Kratos, so he knew which side the enemies were coming from? Thought that was an awesome easter egg after the discussions they had in the canoe. Easy moment to completely miss, but it showed that Atreus actually listened and learned something. Especially strong moment after Atreus was being a little shit for so long. It was a good way of showing that he respected Kratos enough to use what he had taught him. This game has so many solid moments like that. I love it.

In that same vein, there was also a point when Atreus was being a dick, where he stopped shooting arrows when you pressed square. I thought that was awesome too...because it genuinely pissed me off. It would have been easy not to care about the feelings of a character in a game...but as soon as he stopped performing the function that he performed for the entire game, that forced me to hate his *censored*ing guts. Lost about half my health in a battle because he wasn't drawing away the enemies like he used to. The hatred was real. :lol:

Apparently, Barlog said he had five more games mapped out in his head...then he quickly backtracked to clarify that five games wasn't a realistic claim. :lol: But, yeah...there will be more.

Edited by Generations

Definitely glad that I figured out how this game should be played pretty early on. I would never want to finish the main story before doing all the side stuff. I know that I would get bored with that. So, I'm definitely winding down with the story...but I'm winding down with the side stuff at a comparable rate...balancing both sides of the game nicely. Only thing that I'm leaving until the very end, are the Valkyries...because they're a pain in my nutbag.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

EJ (since I know you beat the game)...

During the part when you make the ship fly in Helheim, did you happen to catch that Atreus was yelling "port" and "starboard" to Kratos, so he knew which side the enemies were coming from? Thought that was an awesome easter egg after the discussions they had in the canoe. Easy moment to completely miss, but it showed that Atreus actually listened and learned something. Especially strong moment after Atreus was being a little shit for so long. It was a good way of showing that he respected Kratos enough to use what he had taught him. This game has so many solid moments like that. I love it.

In that same vein, there was also a point when Atreus was being a dick, where he stopped shooting arrows when you pressed square. I thought that was awesome too...because it genuinely pissed me off. It would have been easy not to care about the feelings of a character in a game...but as soon as he stopped performing the function that he performed for the entire game, that forced me to hate his *censored*ing guts. Lost about half my health in a battle because he wasn't drawing away the enemies like he used to. The hatred was real. :lol:

Apparently, Barlog said he had five more games mapped out in his head...then he quickly backtracked to clarify that five games wasn't a realistic claim. :lol: But, yeah...there will be more.

I never spent too much time traveling so the conversations were never really long enough for me to catch that. But the arrow thing cost me life a few times at least.

I hate the Valkyries. I hate them so *censored*ing much.

Anyway, trying to wrap up more of the trophies before finishing the main quest. Just nabbed five more this morning. The ones I got today were: curator, dangerous skies, oil and water, the truth, and the best moves. Only reason I didn't get the 'best moves' one a long time ago, is because I'm stupid and I forgot to do upgrades for those. :lol:

Not really looking forward to killing all the Ravens, but that's going to be a cakewalk compared to the Valkyries. Those bitches are just too fast, and they rarely leave themselves open. I spend 95% of my time just trying to track their movements and roll out of the way. Most damage I've pulled on one was only about half way...and you aren't allowed to use resurrection stones, which is also bullshit.

Edited by Generations

You can use resurrection stones, but only if the final move they use to kill you isn't the Valhalla stomp thing

I just press R3 to lock onto the Valkyrie, and as soon as I get close to the Valkyrie I use all my runic attacks and then try not to die from there lol

Wait, are the Valkyries those massive creatures that use the stomp as one of their moves? I just started playing yesterday, but man, it is *censored*ing tough to defeat them atm.

Or at least find ways in doing so.

Nope. You'll know what the Valkyries are later. And you will *censored*ing hate them. :lol: