God of War Series (Ragnarök 2022)

Jeb ★

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think so. From what I've read and interpreted, I think the game will deeply focus on Kratos' life in the Norse world and his relationship with his son. Doesn't seem to me that there will be flashbacks to the narrative of the previous games.

Maybe loose references to his impact on Olympus, but I think that'd be it.

As for the reviews, what's psyching me out is that this is receiving praise over all of the other predecessors from some publications. 'Most emotional, stirring game in the series' 'Kratos is at his most well-developed' yadda, yadda. I love the crap out of God of War 1 and 2 so my expectations are pretty high now.

Yeah, I pre-ordered last month. And screw that noise about pre-orders killing the business. That's just something people say when they can't afford to pre-order games and they're salty about bonus material.

It really has less to do with giving a developer your money for an incomplete game, and more to do with setting your expectations where they belong. Assassin's Creed, for example...it's the type of game that is always a buggy disaster. It's going to be that way whether you pre-order it or not. Just set your expectations at a reasonable level...that's all. God of War is going to be a masterpiece whether they have your money on day one, or one day before release...because that team always does quality work. Because they care.

People just need to know their franchises, and put their money where it makes sense. I'm tired of people who complain that they pre-ordered a game that turned out half-assed "because they already had the money before it came out". If you expect something like WWE2K or Assassin's Creed to be a polished gem, then you're expecting too much...whether you pre-order or not. :lol:

Not to mention, a pre-order on a place like Amazon.com doesn't give the developer a single cent until the game is shipped. It's just a nod of "yeah, I plan on buying this game"...that doesn't do too much for the developer if they completely fumble the release itself.

I placed a pre-order for Kingdom Hearts 3 on January 7th, 2015. And I don't feel bad about that investment at all. Lmao.

Edited by Generations

Still never played 3.

It was one of those things where I borrowed the game, started to play it...bought an Xbox One, had to return the game to my brother... stopped playing PS3, and couldn't play the game when I got a PS4 (because there is no backwards compatibility). So, even though I'm a big GoW fan, I pretty much missed that one.

I'll definitely play 3 after 4, though. And I really don't suspect that it will matter at all.

Still never played 3.

It was one of those things where I borrowed the game, started to play it...bought an Xbox One, had to return the game to my brother... stopped playing PS3, and couldn't play the game when I got a PS4 (because there is no backwards compatibility). So, even though I'm a big GoW fan, I pretty much missed that one.

I'll definitely play 3 after 4, though. And I really don't suspect that it will matter at all.

They ported GoW3 to PS4.