did you all preorderd the game or still waiting?

TRaShflow

It is suprising they didnt do a deluxe edition this year to get cash out of fans.

They did on PSN. It's $89.99 for PS4 and $79.99 for PS3

79.99 for PS3 when they've released no info/screenshots? How disgraceful...

Just don't buy it.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive never understood why they do deluxe editions on the Live Stores.

That price should be cheaper or at least something to show for it.

Honestly the plastic disc is worth nothing, the case too. The only thing of any worth is the information within the disc. Everything else is a vessel to project it from. This is why Digital games cost roughly the same as physical ones, just a matter of preference how you get your media. Personally I do everything via digital, I have no use for plastic things taking up space when the information is easily compressed into a hard drive with the rest of my games. Again though that's preference, some people like to display a collection and that's cool if that's your thing.

Digital should technically be cheaper seeing as its just a download and no packaging.

I prefer a physical copy. Especially in the era we are in now where they have been known to pull content from games.

Honesty mate plastic's not worth much, look at China. Plastic disc & box with a printed piece of paper worthless, the information within that plastic disc is all your paying for. To put it another way would you buy a copy of the game you couldn't play but could put on a shelf? Even if you tried loading it, you'd discover there's nothing on the disc to load, but you only pay £10 for it would you buy it?

Point is downloading should be way cheaper than a actual disc, rather than more expensive. Selling at the maximum RRP when they have incredibley reduced costs is morally wrong, Also with a disc copy you could always trade in or sell it if you think the game is crap. Before the PS4 was released they said downloading games would be cheaper where point in fact its the opposite, if you want to encourage PSN to be greedy thats up to you but discuraging someone who prefers a hardcopy disc is crazy. You also havent taken in to consideration shipping and storage costs.

I don't use playstation, I font trade. There's plenty of ways to buy digital content at a cheaper price using companies like CD keys. The point remains, your not buying a plastic disc for the plastic, you are buying a game because you want to play the game. As far as the price is concerned, regardless of digital or retail you only pay what your willing to pay. If you don't think something is worth the full price you either wait for a sale or in a physical sense preowned copy. XBOX live has different games on sale for gold members every week. Ps+ does the same but I don't know how often that changes, also last year on Xbox during Black Friday tons of games were heavily discounted, many cases cheaper than shops. So really with the exception of the valueless plastic it's all the same, so prices will be the same. How expensive do you think it is to press disc's? Bearing in mind budget companies can print them and sell CD's/DVD's/PC Games new & for less than £5?

I was unaware that you could digitally download from another source other than psn/XBox live tbh. But cost wise to to press copy a disc/case shipping and storage has surely got to be more expensive than not having to do any of those. I understand what you are saying, but i also see the advantage of tangable discs. Also the sales on the network aren't always as good as from retailers. What a game is worth is an intresting thing, but without playable demos it is hard to tell, selling a disc reduces the impact of buying something your not happy with. For the record i don't trade or sell, but storage is not an issue. Options never hurt i guess.

The problem I have with Digital downloads is the rights issue. When it expires the game is gone. There have been a number of games on last gen that had this so the games get pulled where a physical copy you dont lose the game.

I see your point but if you wanted a game why would you delete it?

I wouldnt delete it. Its these damn companies who have their games pulled off the Live service so you cant download them. I remember when 360 was current gen and over time alot of games got pulled I really wanted to play in fact if it wasent for them releasing a disc version I would never get to play them.

Decided to pre-order the digital deluxe version today. Already knew I'd be getting the game and already knew I'd get the digital deluxe version so figured I may as well just do it now, don't see much point in waiting since my mind is made up. The theme that came with the digital deluxe version is rather crap, a lil' disappointed in it but whatever.

The problem I have with Digital downloads is the rights issue. When it expires the game is gone. There have been a number of games on last gen that had this so the games get pulled where a physical copy you dont lose the game.

I see your point but if you wanted a game why would you delete it?

I wouldnt delete it. Its these damn companies who have their games pulled off the Live service so you cant download them. I remember when 360 was current gen and over time alot of games got pulled I really wanted to play in fact if it wasent for them releasing a disc version I would never get to play them.

Yeah,that happened a lot with arcade game remakes on 360. Turtles in time,x men, and a few others I was personally looking for, and I'm sure tons more. I am more of a hard copy person myself. I do enjoy having all the digital downloads on my 360, but most of them are from the free Live games at this point.

On topic, I did preorder, I've seen enough to at least catch my interest. I am hoping for a good turnaround from last year. And my son is excited for the Lucha Dragons and the terminator. I will have to see what the dlc looks like before committing to any season pass.

I didnt...i just never saw wwe game worth of its full price. Ill try to wait for a price drop, unless they show something good about game

I dont think many people ordered last years SE on the current gen as opposed to what people bought when the Taker edition came out on the PS3/360.

I think that's because Undertaker ticks current & legend fans boxes whereas Hogan only really appeals to fans of old school wrestling

I did want a PS4 and couldnt get one because the Hulkamania edition was sold out and I couldnt change my preorder from X1 to PS4 so was stuck with a X1 as I was buying the console at the same time.

Taker edition the previous year Taker edition was pretty much sold out on both PS3 & 360.

Archived