WWE Video Games- Did you know?

1ManGang

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain... The best there is... The best there was... The best there ever will be.

Overhyped as hell; just like WWF No Mercy. Please remove your rose tinted glasses; the grapple system & reversal system might have been brilliant compared to what we have no but everything else wasn't that great in the game specially the much overhyped Free roam Falls Count Anywhere match.

WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain... The best there is... The best there was... The best there ever will be.

Overhyped as hell; just like WWF No Mercy. Please remove your rose tinted glasses; the grapple system & reversal system might have been brilliant compared to what we have no but everything else wasn't that great in the game specially the much overhyped Free roam Falls Count Anywhere match.

Compared to most of the crap modes that is on the current games, Current textures and mood and feel of the WWE games today. HCTP had better pulling power (for me anyway).

Imagine online play with HCTP nowadays!? Plus create a finisher mode.

Compared to most of the crap modes that is on the current games, Current textures and mood and feel of the WWE games today. HCTP had better pulling power (for me anyway).

Hell; what do you mean "Crap modes" by the way?

Subjective, though a valid opinion. I personally still see HCTP as the best wrestling game out there at the moment, but i do await the day something comes out that's finally better.

Really what do you honestly remember from Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain? That made it so Pedestal worthy;

A great list of moves, huge difference in the characters, fun ways to set up spots, the backstage areas, and definitely, at least for me, the difficulty. If i started a new season with a new caw and was pushed up to fight, say, Lesnar, early on; I became friggin terrified because the strength of characters actually meant something in that game.

Plus I adored the way the ring and sound reacted to moves, 100 percent better than we have today. Impactful moves actually felt impactful.

Modes like The King Of The Ring. Why? There is no special point in this mode!

Universe mode is boring. Fact! No real gain in it every year this mode is in.

Create a story is only good if you are making a story for someone else to follow.

All this IMO is a waste of disc space.

Back on topic...DYK the VERY RE-PLAYABLE "SLOBBER KNOCKER" mode has not been seen in a WWE game since it was last in WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2006. BRING IT BACK!

Create a story is only good if you are making a story for someone else to follow.

Back on topic...DYK the VERY RE-PLAYABLE "SLOBBER KNOCKER" mode has not been seen in a WWE game since it was last in WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2006. BRING IT BACK!

Whoa whoa whoa. Careful. Don't say that, because it gives other people (I don't mean Suicidal, i mean a lot of newbies seem to have this problem when they see that) the idea that disc space is a problem. It never has been and never will be. Also i wouldn't say Create A Story is useless, its just so buggy its unusable.

KOTR definitely could have been integrated in to universe or something, its an obvious attempt to pad for the next game. Universe mode is indeed boring, mostly because the AI running it is so god awfully stupid, it makes the 3 stooges look like geniuses.

The Smackdown! Just Bring It Free roam backstage was more realistic, though I agree with everything else though I think people need to stop hyping the difficulty. Difficulty does not a wrestling game make....

Oh I agree, my point was just that the difficulty made matches last longer and less boring.

As for the free roam, i also agree, i just liked HCTP because it was so goofy at times that it made it so much fun to play.

Well I've lost complete & Total faith this discussion will go anywhere with you if you think these are "Crap modes" or "Waste of disc space"; yes the Slobber Knocker was a fun match type why they removed it... I'm not THQ Who the hell knows.

mostly because the AI running it is so god awfully stupid, it makes the 3 stooges look like geniuses.

Still better then General Manager Modes A.I; seriously... that is the reason why I hated GM Mode. Whining, Contracts, Cost & the A.I GM made it unbearable annoying; that is why the achievement/trophy gave you 350 points in Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 & 100 in Smackdown Vs Raw 2007.

I don't mean "disc space" as in "room left on the disc". But still for me they are a waste on time and effort from the makers/creators that could have been spent doing other things like making the game better in areas that needed that time.

If you think those modes where THQ Pissing their time away; doubtful. It was getting their favorite moves re-mocapped and saying screw everything else outside of Attitude Era Mode; that's what failed WWE'13.

I don't mean "disc space" as in "room left on the disc". But still for me they are a waste on time and effort from the makers/creators that could have been spent doing other things like making the game better in areas that needed that time.

I know you didn't mean that, i'm just saying if you word it like that, there's always some impressionable fool who sees that and thinks THQ just couldn't fit enough shyte on the disc and therefore are not responsible for the problems.

King of the Ring is great, i'm not gonna lie when i have friends over to play, we usually do King Of The Ring, but i agree so much more could have been done with it that wasn't, simply because THQ wanted that extra stuff to pad the next game.

Create a Story could potentially be revolutionary to wrestling games, but they need to be fixed, seriously. And they need a way to integrate them in to the Universe mode.

mostly because the AI running it is so god awfully stupid, it makes the 3 stooges look like geniuses.

Still better then General Manager Modes A.I; seriously... that is the reason why I hated GM Mode. Whining, Contracts, Cost & the A.I GM made it unbearable annoying; that is why the achievement/trophy gave you 350 points in Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 & 100 in Smackdown Vs Raw 2007.

I agree, GM Mode had loads of potential and they messed it up royally.

Well I've lost complete & Total faith this discussion will go anywhere with you if you think these are "Crap modes" or "Waste of disc space"; yes the Slobber Knocker was a fun match type why they removed it... I'm not THQ Who the hell knows.

Wow! And people say I take things serious! Dude to take things to heart. This is only "my" opinion. I do think those modes are crap and boring and a waste of time. But you don't! Thats all good for you at the end of the day. But for me, there really is nothing in those modes to keep me wanting to play them... And I don't. Once was enough. Waste of time making up KOTR matches and for whatt? To see the winner sit on a throne? Wow! :/.

Archived