anti-PG sign confiscated at taped raw

Broski Barrage

Am I the only one in here who doesn't give a crap about what "era" it is? Am I the only one who takes the WWE for what it is and appreciate what I'm given? I have complaints of course, but the WWE are a hugely strong company for a reason. They know how to entertain.

This this this...

And stop with that "PG-era" crap and "WWE is aimed toward kids".

1. The WWE was longer rated PG, than TV-14

2. PG is for families, not kids

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attitude Era is overrated, but it's it's overrated for a reason. ANY era that you grew up watching and loved from that time, will always keep an attachment on you. Simple as that.

sounds more like Attitude fans wear spoiled rotten. besides wwe wants to be FAMILY FRIENDLY hence their toy deal with Mattel and other things like that so that is why they won't go back to edgy shit.

Its a smart move get fans when they are young and they get older an still watch it and once they have a family they start a new generation of fans.

"were".

These kids will grow up just like the AE fans grew up and then we'll be in a new attitude era.

Can't wait XD

sounds more like Attitude fans wear spoiled rotten. besides wwe wants to be FAMILY FRIENDLY hence their toy deal with Mattel and other things like that so that is why they won't go back to edgy shit.

Its a smart move get fans when they are young and they get older an still watch it and once they have a family they start a new generation of fans.

They will eventually go back and they are already pushing more edgier storylines. And no, your last sentence makes no sense. The fans will grow up and they'll become tired of the same storylines and the archaic superhero good vs evil crap and then we'll have a new attitude era. If the wwe just does a AE 2.0 it will fail,' it needs to be taken in a new direction.

And in 50 years time, this era won't be remembered for quality, it will be remembered for a few stand out moments, unlike the AE era.

We are loving in the 80s again, the 90s are just around the corner.

The rating really should stop taking the blame for lackluster writing and inconsistent booking. Whether or not WWE stayed more mature like they used to be or not, things would still be as they are now, just with a few tweaks.

Obviously you didn't live through the AE, controversey sells.

Excellent post JayBee! :cool:

The rating really should stop taking the blame for lackluster writing and inconsistent booking. Whether or not WWE stayed more mature like they used to be or not, things would still be as they are now, just with a few tweaks.

Only I did, and I never said it didn't. You shouldn't assume things. What I'm saying is that the rating should stop being used as a scapegoat for people's discontent with the product, because it really isn't the problem. 2007 was a terrible year for them, and none of the things we had then like blood or edgier storylines helped that. The rating doesn't effect the quality of the shows, the WWE was heading toward mediocrity way before they decided to go more family friendly, that's what my point was.

The bottom line is that the PG era current WWE's programming sucks here are the many reasons why

• No Blood ( Chambers , Cells or Hardcore rules matches)
  • No Offensive Language
  • No Good build - ups
  • No Good Story Lines
  • Half - Baked Feuds ( Kane Vs Cena from last year, The Nexus 2010)
  • Pathetic Childish stuff is shown
  • No Chairshots to the Head
  • PPV quality are poor ( Compared to 10 years Ago or even 15 )
  • Divas Division
  • Everything is done rushed and poorly Smackdown tv show

Fixed the list for you there. PG's got nothing to do with it, but you do lay out some legit issues with current day WWE programming. I crossed out the parts that are irrelevant. Excessive language and violence do not a great storyline make, but blood here and there in those major settings such as the Cell or Chamber adds to the sense of danger that's the epicenter of those matches.

The bottom line is that the PG era sucks here are the many reasons why

• No Offensive Language
  • No Good build - ups
  • No Good Story Lines
  • Divas Division

By the way I don't Watch Smackdown, NXT or Mainevent anymore. Only Skip through the show RAW, read the spoilers of Smackdown and Main event and NXT don't give a dam about.

PPVS i watch online there not worth buying anymore on Sky Box Office

• I feel sorry for you if you think this is what makes a good product.
  • There's some offensive language in the product today. If it was used more often, it wouldn't mean as much.
  • Trips/Taker had a good buildup. So did Rock/Cena. So did Trips/Brock. So did Punk/Cena. So did Punk/Ryback. So did The Shield up to their first match at TLC.
  • Ziggler/AJ? Shield? Punk/Anyone? Del Rio's face turn? Cesaro's no American can beat me for The Title storyline? Hell No?
  • Neither of those feuds were "half baked." Cena and Kane had shit matches, but the story was decent. And Nexus was awesome until they all got Punted.
  • And you're officially an idiot. Pro wrestling is entertainment first. Wrestling second. Raw last Monday was a great example of what wrestling today should be: fun. No more shit angles involving lawsuits, affairs, or contract clauses. I want to have fun while watching wrestling.
  • Read what I stated in the first bullet again.
  • So so SO wrong. Many PPVs today beat the shit out of anything from up until 2000(especially 1999). While the main events were amazing, anything underneath was just crap. Just because everything has a story doesn't automatically make it good.
  • Divas were shit in The Attitude Era too until Trish and Lita came along, but even Trish sucked until she started getting better in the ring in 2002. And even THEN most of them only got over because of their looks.
  • Sloppy? Now you're just throwing out random insults to make your argument look better. SmackDown isn't what it used to be, but it's still a pretty damn decent TV show. It's more or less Raw-lite, but so was it in 1999 when it first debuted.

One; WWE has never not had a toy deal.

Two; The WWE has five active brands (Raw, Smackdown, NXT, Main Event, Saturday Morning Slam[?]). All of them are kept under a blanket of PG and retain a childlike tone, however the show is on at 8 in the US and goes until 11, on a Monday. A school day. It makes very little sense business wise to have the third and forth quarter of the show retain a PG attitude as many of the younger fans will be in bed by then. Hence the ratings drop off.

Three; No, it's not. It's not a smart move to get fans engaged younger with an assumption of retention when the product becomes dull and boring as peoples tastes evolve. Younger WWE fans will probably grow into UFC or MMA fans now as they move forward because the ability to retain older fan bases would rely on engaging storylines and/or interesting matches. The assumption that if you get an audience young you keep them forever completely devalues the idea of brand loyalty. Brand loyalty comes from consumer satisfaction, not a start date.

Solution; Different brands fulfill different needs, if you truly wish to retain a younger audience create an afternoon two hour show that has the childish tone and storylines. You then have a weekly show that is held at the current time but comes with a rating to keep younger viewers from watching it. As the children grow up they move from one brand to the other as they are wrestling fans, and want to see wrestling appropriate to their age bracket.

• No Offensive Language
  • No Good build - ups
  • No Good Story Lines
  • Divas Division

By the way I don't Watch Smackdown, NXT or Mainevent anymore. Only Skip through the show RAW, read the spoilers of Smackdown and Main event and NXT don't give a dam about.

• There's some offensive language in the product today. If it was used more often, it wouldn't mean as much.
  • Trips/Taker had a good buildup. So did Rock/Cena. So did Trips/Brock. So did Punk/Cena. So did Punk/Ryback. So did The Shield up to their first match at TLC.
  • Ziggler/AJ? Shield? Punk/Anyone? Del Rio's face turn? Cesaro's no American can beat me for The Title storyline? Hell No?
  • Neither of those feuds were "half baked." Cena and Kane had shit matches, but the story was decent. And Nexus was awesome until they all got Punted.
  • And you're officially an idiot. Pro wrestling is entertainment first. Wrestling second. Raw last Monday was a great example of what wrestling today should be: fun. No more shit angles involving lawsuits, affairs, or contract clauses. I want to have fun while watching wrestling.
  • So so SO wrong. Many PPVs today beat the shit out of anything from up until 2000(especially 1999). While the main events were amazing, anything underneath was just crap. Just because everything has a story doesn't automatically make it good.
  • Divas were shit in The Attitude Era too until Trish and Lita came along, but even Trish sucked until she started getting better in the ring in 2002. And even THEN most of them only got over because of their looks.
  • Sloppy? Now you're just throwing out random insults to make your argument look better. SmackDown isn't what it used to be, but it's still a pretty damn decent TV show. It's more or less Raw-lite, but so was it in 1999 when it first debuted.

only cuz they were main event high profile fueds all anything lower that has bad build up

• No Offensive Language
  • No Good build - ups
  • No Good Story Lines
  • Divas Division

only cuz they were main event high profile fueds all anything lower that has bad build up

Zack Ryder Vs Dolph Ziggler - TLC 2011 says hello.

• No Offensive Language
  • No Good build - ups
  • No Good Story Lines
  • Divas Division

It then promptly says goodbye.

• No Offensive Language
  • No Good build - ups
  • No Good Story Lines
  • Divas Division

It then promptly says goodbye.

No it doesn't. That feud was one the best if not the best feud of 2011. Zack made the US belt look like the World Title, and he had the crowd in the palm of his hand. The feud was built up for months, and had a perfect ending.

• No Offensive Language
  • No Good build - ups
  • No Good Story Lines
  • Divas Division

Ziggler/AJ is shit and just making AJ the resident whore when all she wants to wrestle. Del Rio's face turn seems forced and out of nowhere. Hell No is getting a bit stale.

Many PPVs today seem weak compared to back then because at least back then, it had good build up and didn't just appear on PPV because they needed some filler on the show.

Smackdown sucks now, nearly all the matches have no meaning and just have non-sensical booking. Maybe because of the RAW Supershow, but it isn't the same as it was back in 2000-2006.

These kids will grow up just like the AE fans grew up and then we'll be in a new attitude era.

Can't wait XD

They will eventually go back and they are already pushing more edgier storylines. And no, your last sentence makes no sense. The fans will grow up and they'll become tired of the same storylines and the archaic superhero good vs evil crap and then we'll have a new attitude era. If the wwe just does a AE 2.0 it will fail,' it needs to be taken in a new direction.

And in 50 years time, this era won't be remembered for quality, it will be remembered for a few stand out moments, unlike the AE era.

We are loving in the 80s again, the 90s are just around the corner.

Excellent post JayBee! :cool:

Yeah Eric Bischoff said the same thing... look what happened to him. WWE said the same thing, look what happened during the years of 2003-2007. Controversy may sell but only if it's done correctly. Because there's a lot of controversal elements in the world... doesn't make it fun to watch or entertaining.

Archived