thq temporaly bans people with early copies

kidd0

That's kinda bull.. why would you punish someone for buying your product? If a mom and pop store breaks a release date... that has nothing to do with an individual consumer.

Why are they punishing the consumer?

All they're saying is they shouldn't use online before the game comes out.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they are punishing the customer for buying it before october 30th probably and I think THQ should have the right to do that. Its not fair to the rest of the fans who have to wait till Street date.

Punish the shops for breaking street date.

If somebody is given the opportunity to buy something early, they will. You would too.

I don't see any issues there since one can still enjoy their game offline.

It's not that the people will find tons of others online to play with in the first place since most locations are getting the game between the 30th oktober and 2nd november.

Would be happy to have the game on friday too and wouldn't care about the online part.

It's only for 3 days after all (weekend+monday).

1. It says the ban will be lifted when the game is officially released.

2. If you want the game early, but don't want to be banned, just don't connect to XBL/PSN while you play it.

Not always true. On PSN, maybe this would work, however, XBL is not so forgiving. Often times, including recently with Halo 4, anyone that plays a game before its release date, even if they play offline, when they get online again, they're 360 will be banned from XBL altogether. You have to be very careful of this.

Just don't play online features............Cuz they are testing the sever.

2. If you want the game early, but don't want to be banned, just don't connect to XBL/PSN while you play it.

Not always true. On PSN, maybe this would work, however, XBL is not so forgiving. Often times, including recently with Halo 4, anyone that plays a game before its release date, even if they play offline, when they get online again, they're 360 will be banned from XBL altogether. You have to be very careful of this.

The peeps who played Halo 4 offline and go online again , sure they will be banned cuz they played the game before the release date. They can go online and not get banned after or on the release date.

they are punishing the customer for buying it before october 30th probably and I think THQ should have the right to do that. Its not fair to the rest of the fans who have to wait till Street date.

Punish the shops for breaking street date.

If somebody is given the opportunity to buy something early, they will. You would too.

Exactly blame the shop not the person who has gone out and bought your product. Every game you should have to type a code in so they know where to find the shop.

If THQ is giving out free games via some party how is the consumer being blamed.

.................seriously guys.....

They don't care if people want to use the servers.....but they AREN'T READY! The message clearly states they are finishing up the testing on them and cannot have outside traffic messing with it, so the only way to control that is to cut everyone off of it until midnight of Oct. 30. Bottom line.....that's really all there is to it.

Lol i have seen a few posts of you complaining about people like myself who have the game before you, funny. But I'm glad I I played my copy offline do I didn't get banned.

Just don't play online features............Cuz they are testing the sever.

The peeps who played Halo 4 offline and go online again , sure they will be banned cuz they played the game before the release date. They can go online and not get banned after or on the release date.

Is that not whats happening now?

Its the same scenario. I don't know about other areas, but the US doesn't get WWE13 til' the 30th, meaning if anyone plays WWE13 offline, then logs into Live, they will most likely get banned.

because of this im not going to the store in my area that is having it on friday

http://wwe.thq.com/g...-bans-in-wwe-13

You'd rather not have the game at all kiddo than not being able to play online? Who you going to play online against anyways this early? Just get the game and play it and get used it to it ...

yea im going to try to get it tomorrow. i just wont go online

it's simple, you can still be connected, just DON'T use the online stuff. just play the non online part of the game. AE, universe, CAA ect.

Archived