Cricket discussion thread

fizpop

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they're planning Warner to be the Hayden of the team. Someone who opens and can get heaps of runs in the first few sessions of a test. They've said to him they want him to play his 'natural game'. I dunno though, I've only seen him in the 20/20's and when he's on he's really on but when he gets bogged down with good bowling he doesn't seem to know what to do and gets out cheaply.

Vettori and Brownlie led a bit of a comeback for NZ late yesterday before rain closed play.

NZ 5/214 early on the 2nd day.

New Zealand don't have enough top quality players for me. Vettori, McCullum and Ross Taylor I rate. Guptill, Ryder and Southee are decent players aswell, but I don't think there is much quality beyond that really.

Michael Clarke is looking like a great player again, no idea why he was so awful in the ashes. I like the look of Lyon aswell, looks like Australia may have finally of got over their little period of calling up rubbish spinners and settled with him. Australia will win this easily now they've already got possibly the biggest wicket in the NZ team.

Who do u think will win Pakistan v england bearing in mind ate at UAE

England will still win. Pakistan are a decent team, Hafeez seems to have improved a stupid amount this year, but the bowling is still lacking without Amir and Asif. England are stronger all round, only thing they may struggle with is getting Panesar into the team when it has to be two spinners playing. Not sure who they'll drop, probably either Morgan to go with 5 batsmen or go with Swann, Panesar, Broad and Anderson as the bowling attack. Could possibly even drop Anderson for either Finn or Bresnan depending on what the pitch is like.

I actually kinda disagree in Dubai the pitches are flat and the bowl will spin alot England struggle with spin except Bell and maybe Pietersen and Pakistans bowling attack is strong They have saeed Ajmal who caused England trouble last time and will cause more trouble this time England batsman arnt used to it Pakistan have some good solid batsman who can hurt England Misbah Ul Haq and Younis Khan and like u mentioned Hafeez they showed theyre a good side against Sri Lanka who england struggled with

Trust New Zealand to screw everything. They have the lead, and they crumble. Australia will go 2-0 in the series, I'm sure of it.

It sounds close. Australia 5/182. Warner (100) batting with Haddin.

Hughes, Khawaja, Ponting, Clarke, Hussey goneski.

Australia lost Ponting, Clarke and Hussey on 159 runs.

Would like to be watching it.

So they should. Man, it sounds like a great match.

Credit to Warner for his first test 100 on a pitch that favoured the bowlers. He deserves to be there Boxing Day against India which will be a challenge. Can't say the same about some of the other Australian batters.

But man, that's a great win for New Zealand. Their first against Australia in Australia for 26 years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The only Cricket that's been going on here in NZ at the moment is the HRV Cup. It's a 20/20 competition of the teams from all over NZ. I think the final is gonna be between Auckland and Canterbury, as the competition is coming to a close. Then the Black Caps play Zimbabwe I believe.

Archived