Team of the Year: England

Player of the Year: Alastair Cook

Captain of the Year: Andrew Strauss

Bowler of the Year:James Andersin

Batsman of the Year:Ian Bell

Most overated player:Stuart Broad

Most underated player:Rahual Dravid

Most hyped player:Sachin Tendulkar

Looks wet in Sri Lanka for the first day of the first test with Australia and Sri Lanka.

First test for Australia in Sri Lanka since 2004 or 2005. Pontings the only player of the current team who has played a test in Sri Lanka.

I notice that, until now, there has been no mention of county cricket in this thread; is anyone other than me interested in the domestic game?

My county, Warwickshire, have today gone top of the County Championship with one game remaining, against Hampshire, which begins on Monday. Hampshire are currently bottom of Division One, but it will not be a formality as only three weeks ago Hampshire won at Edgbaston; hopefully Warwickshire can continue the form they have shown since that loss to Hampshire and go on to win the County Championship for the first time in seven years.

Oh well, it was not to be, Warwickshire have had to settle for finishing second in the County Championship, with Lancashire winning their first title since they tied with Surrey in 1950 and their first title outright since 1934. It also means that Peter Moores has now won the County Championship as coach of two different counties; still, the ECB definitely made the right decision when they ousted Moores and appointed Andy Flower as his successor.

Archived