Cricket discussion thread

fizpop

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see Gayle back in form.

Watson stepped down as Australian vice captain in the last few days ahead of the Ashes starting in July. Australia scrambling to find a replacement. They're gonna get Haddin back even though he was on the outer a few months back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xZUQL2oIXA

Know I already said it's the fastest T20 hundred ever, goes without saying that it was also the fastest 100 ever. Was only a matter of time before he got the record to be honest.

The best thing about Shane Watson actually getting to a hundred for once was the fact he got out the next ball. Vice captain generally isn't a position of huge importance in test cricket, though I suppose considering Clarke is kind of injury prone that it is more important for Australia. There will be plenty of capable candidates, probably go to the keeper or the guy who captains T20 if he's near the test team.

Holy shit, it just looks so effortless to him. Even with just a short punch the ball goes sailing.

Australian squad named for the Ashes

Michael Clarke (captain), Brad Haddin (vc), Jackson Bird, Ed Cowan, James Faulkner, Ryan Harris, Phillip Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, James Pattinson, Chris Rogers, Mitchell Starc, Peter Siddle, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Shane Watson.

No Mitchell Johnson, Moises Henriques or Steve Smith.

Chris Rogers is a smart pick, I'd be interested to see how he does. Has played country cricket over here for years and years and has a pretty good record. Captains his county aswell. Still don't understand how Hodge and Marsh haven't played more regularly for Australia over the years and continue to not get selected, but oh well. Clarke is the only batsman that will worry England at this point.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought the first Test was great, a great contest. Great batting by Agar and Hughes for hanging around with him.

Was the right decision getting rid of the South African coach. I see today that he wants 3 million dollars in damages.

Warner does need to come back. Instead they're sending him off to Zimbawe to play for Australia A.

Looking forward to when the Ashes series comes down here.

You're probably right about 4-1, even the 1 looks a bit doubtful. Horrible batting, on the other hand good bowling from the Poms from what I saw.

But I think it'll be a different series down here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just don't see Lyon winning a test match with his bowling. Sure he might take a few wickets but I don't think he'll turn the tide in a test match.

Sounds like England on top again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived