Cricket discussion thread

fizpop

David Warners 180 in the 3rd test against India was one of the best bats I've seen in a long long time. I think that type of batting can really revolutionise and reinvigorate test match cricket. Was a great knock.

Australia dominating India 3-0 in the tests, one more to go before the one dayers/20/20 start up early next month.

Also been a domestic 20/20 comp going on here that I haven't really been following.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently NZ is the 2nd best 20/20 nation in the world. I heard it on the sports show I watch, "The Crowd Goes Wild". One of the 2 hosts is former Black Cap, Mark Richardson.

But yeah, if NZ is the 2nd best 20/20 nation in the world, then that's pretty sweet. I believe Australia is 4th.

Australia won the toss and are 3/98 first day of the 4th test against India.

Ponting and Clark batting.

And they're batting again now. Ponting's passed 250 runs for the match now. Pup not far behind.

India must be having nightmares about Ponting, tonned up against them in the World Cup too.

So India finally beat Australia, with relative ease aswell. Should be a good ODI series, two strong outfits.

England also getting the better of Pakistan today, although barely. Both teams have batted awfully as has been the general theme throughout the entire series. Saw a stat earlier that in the entire series, England's middle order have scored as follows; Pieterson 49, Bell 41, Morgan 51. Simply awful. Morgan's place is definitely under threat, he has had ample opportunities and doesn't seem convincing as a test player.

India have been most disapointing this summer.

To think that before they came down there was talk amongst the local press that Australia would struggle with them. It's been quite the opposite.

I think it's Australia vs Sri Lanka in a 50 over game over in Perth today.

Clark injured. Ponting named captain of the one day team to take on Sri Lanka on Friday. Again.

Bad choice IMO. Does nothing for the future of the team. Warner's vice-captain, they should of given him a go.

• 6 months later...

It has been quite a while since anyone posted in this thread, but I thought I had to type a post to celebrate Warwickshire winning the County Championship.

After the disappointment of missing out on the title on the final day of last season, it is a slight relief that the team have this year managed to clinch the title with a game to spare. Hopefully the team can now go on to win the CB40 for the 2nd time in 3 years and do a double.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations to the Sydney Sixers for winning the Champions League Twenty20. They smashed the Highveld Lions (South Africa?) overnight and went through the tornament unbeaten.

Looking forward to the Test series begining next month.

• 2 weeks later...

Really proud of the Aussies after yesterdays play.

Cowan got 136, Clark unbeaten on 218no with Hussey 86no overnight.

For them to come back with a small chance of winning it is amazing. Clarks said his plan is to get 100 ahead and throw the dice and see how SA like the pressure.

Archived