Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Animal Man and Swamp Thing were *censored*ing great this month.

Why don't you people talk about these comics? They're really, really good.

Most people can't handle the awesomeness of Animal Man's art. The art fits the story and there's nothing to dislike about a kid with a mullet. I'd like to see Lemire or Snyder try to resurrect Superman. I haven't read bad work from either guy.

I haven't been here in a while so I'll take the time to voice my opinion on Marvel's bullshit not a relaunch. Bendis is going to screw up the X-Men. While I'd give him the benefit fo the doubt, the whole original five concept coming to the present sounds stupid. I think Remender is writing Uncanny Avengers, so I'll say even if the premise is dumb, it should work. Hickman is writing an Avengers book so it should be good.

So, Animal Man and Swamp Thing were *censored*ing great this month.

Why don't you people talk about these comics? They're really, really good.

I have the Animal Man Volume 1 on order. Everyone whos read it raves about it.

It's great. I'm glad DC decided to revive my favourite series and that they've actually got a good horror book out now.

Hawkeye #1 was great! I loved how Aja put a small soundtrack in the notes that advises you to listen to some jazz whilst you read it, jazz and comics are my two favourite things ever! I'll also look into Aja's run on Iron Fist because he's made me a fan of his work with the first issue of Hawkeye.

Was thinking about buying some older comic arcs soon. Is "Spiderman: Maximum Carnage" any good?

YES! YES! MOTHER F'N YES!

Anybody else hear that there will be a Sandman prequel coming out next year? I've seen some of the art for it online, and it looks really good.

I got a ton of stuff in the mail today:

Batman: Earth One

Animal Man Vol One: The Hunt

American Vampire Vol 1 & 2

iZombie Vol 1: Dead to the World

Captain America: The Man With No Face

Captain America: Road to Reborn

Am I the only one really excited for Spider-Men #4?

I got a ton of stuff in the mail today:

Batman: Earth One

Animal Man Vol One: The Hunt

American Vampire Vol 1 & 2

iZombie Vol 1: Dead to the World

Captain America: The Man With No Face

Captain America: Road to Reborn

iZombie is great, Mike Allred's art is fantastic I can't wait for his upcoming issue of Daredevil. Spider-Men #4 should also be a good read, the ending to #3 has so many places it could go.

HELL *censored*ING NO. I CAN'T WAIT!

Within the past two weeks I've ordered.

- New Avengers v2 vol. 1

- New Avengers v2 vol. 2

- New Avengers v2 vol. 3

- Superman: Red Son

- Batman: Gates of Gotham

Read the first two volumes of New Avengers, loving the team and their dynamics, looking to reading vol. 3.

Just some of the stuff that happens in the book. His daughter starts to get the same powers that he has and she starts to re-animate dead animals and turns there neigbors hand into a chicken foot than back in to a deformed human hand. The art is pretty insane and a little bit disturbting,its really good so far. The collected edition only has the first six issues and ends with them looking for the Swamp Thing for help.

I meant to check the Scarlet Spider series out, but I've been slacking with my Marvel titles these past few months. Caught up with Uncanny X-Force and AVX, but still have Venom, Daredevil and Spider-Man to catch up on.

Spider-Men #4 was the emotional rollercoaster I thought it would be, at first I wasn't sure of this mini-series, but I'm really getting into it.

Hawkeye #1 was a great debut, did anyone read it? Looking forward to the Gambit #1 aswell.

Marvel needs to cut the shit with some of these two books a month releases. Thoses are the books im really behind on. Hawkeye #1 was great, he didn't even need to get into costume to make it great too.

I really need to find a local comic shop.

joker.jpg

joker2.jpg

A little bit of what joker will look like in the upcoming Batman story was released in this months previews magazine. He looks like he is pretty much classic Joker with a belt to hold his face on, can't wait to read issue #13 of batman.

Finally got around to ordering the following:

Batman: The Long Halloween

Batman: Dark Victory

Wolverine by Claremont & Miller

Been meaning to grab these for ages, glad I finally got around to it. Already read the first two, and they're spectacular. Heard good things about the Wolverine trade.

Archived