Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

Anyone else pick up Batman: Earth One? It was fantastic, I read it twice the first day I bought it.

I might be picking it up this week sometime. If I still have the cash left I pay my bills I plan on getting that and Court of Owls. I should be getting a nice check tomorrow and am hoping I have the money. Being broke is not fun at at.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone pick up Captain Marvel #1? I picked it up out of curiosity and enjoyed it. Saga #5 and Daredevil #15 were the big hitters for me this week, both of them were stellar.

Was thinking about buying some older comic arcs soon. Is "Spiderman: Maximum Carnage" any good?

Maximum Carnage is a good read, it is one of those stories that makes you nostalgia pretty hard if you watched the 90's cartoon.

Was thinking about buying some older comic arcs soon. Is "Spiderman: Maximum Carnage" any good?

Maximum Carnage is a good read, it is one of those stories that makes you nostalgia pretty hard if you watched the 90's cartoon.

Mmm I do love a good ol' slice of nostalgia. Cheers :)

Also, I found out that we're gonna be getting Batman Chess here in NZ. Each month comes with a piece, as well as a comic. Issue #1 comes with Batman, who is the White King. The Joker is the Black King. From what I know, these are the pieces so far:

Kings: Batman, The Joker

Queens: Catwoman (white), Harley Quinn (black)

Bishops: Robin & Nightwing (white), The Riddler & Ra's al Ghul (black)

Knights: Two-Face & Penguin (black)

Pawns: Commissioner Gordan & Kitana (white), Bane, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and Mr Freeze (black)

Not sure what the comics are like, but I'd mainly get them for the chess pieces.

Archived