Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The media is treating it like it's THEE Green lantern, be it Kyle Rayner or Hal Jordan I really though it was one of them...

While he's not the most known, Gay Lantern is the first Green Lantern.

Alan Scott was a bad choice to be the homosexual character. For anyone that doesn't know, Alan Scott was the Golden Age Green Lantern and his backstory and powers are a little different. Scott found a flaming, magic lantern. This flaming lantern told him to make a ring. The ring allows him to create objects like the later Green lanterns, but its weakness is wood (unlike the other GLs' weakness to the color yellow). In other words, their gay character has a flaming lantern and a weakness to wood.

Well that's just funny...

I would actually like to see the first major superhero to be infected with HIV... Imagine Superboy with a new form of "super aids" ...It would be interesting to see how he would fight crime, would he hold back on fights for fear that he may infect his opponents? Would he try and keep it a secret from his super hero brethren for fear they might shun him because of his condition? What would his mindset be knowing no weapon on earth could kill him but his own blood will one day take his life???

The media is treating it like it's THEE Green lantern, be it Kyle Rayner or Hal Jordan I really though it was one of them...

Alan Scott was a bad choice to be the homosexual character. For anyone that doesn't know, Alan Scott was the Golden Age Green Lantern and his backstory and powers are a little different. Scott found a flaming, magic lantern. This flaming lantern told him to make a ring. The ring allows him to create objects like the later Green lanterns, but its weakness is wood (unlike the other GLs' weakness to the color yellow). In other words, their gay character has a flaming lantern and a weakness to wood.

I would actually like to see the first major superhero to be infected with HIV... Imagine Superboy with a new form of "super aids" ...It would be interesting to see how he would fight crime, would he hold back on fights for fear that he may infect his opponents? Would he try and keep it a secret from his super hero brethren for fear they might shun him because of his condition? What would his mindset be knowing no weapon on earth could kill him but his own blood will one day take his life???

'Cept not only is Superboy a clone designed to be perfect, but he's also a clone of Superman who is invulernable to most Human viruses due to Kryptonian DNA.

I'd like to see them revisit the Red Arrow Heroin story from the 70s just for shits and giggles.

This sentence made me laugh so much.

Super AIDs. Oh god...

The twist in Batman 10 is crazy, Snyder put his neck out but it is such a good *censored*ing twist.

I haven't read it yet, but let me guess,

Bruce's parents were part of/were murdered by The Court.

If that's actually what happens, then that's just *censored*ing stupid.

The twist in Batman 10 is crazy, Snyder put his neck out but it is such a good *censored*ing twist.

I haven't read it yet, but let me guess,

Bruce's parents were part of/were murdered by The Court.

If that's actually what happens, then that's just *censored*ing stupid.

(This spoiler is just a reply to your spoiler and doesn't ruin the book at all.)

It is said that the Court had nothing to do with Bruce's parents murder.

That reveal was *censored*ING epic! I am wondering how it's going to turn out. It appears Snyder is taking this New 52 opportunity to write some epic stories.

Batman in Smallville is accompanied by Nightwing, as seen on the cover of the issue. Except, she's female. And her name? Stephanie Brown.

DBjl3.jpg

I am extremely happy about this. You know Bryan Q Miller obviously had more plans for Steph in Batgirl, so now they he's re-writing her she's sure to be amazing.

Not even going to have the decency to so much as acknowledge a post from somebody who isn't talking current DC? What a friendly lot we have here.

This forum mostly likes the Katy Perrys and Rihannas of the comic world. I'm aware of the books you mentioned, but I haven't read them. I do, however, like Hickman's Fantastic Four and Secret Warriors runs. I also liked S.H.I.E.L.D, but it was a bit out there.

Archived