Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish it was a better book that AvX.

Saga: Volume 1 comes out this week and I cannot wait since i have been looking to read this book for the longest. My pull list this week is insane because Midtown Comic's didn't send my stuf last week due to Comic Con:

Uncanny Avengers #1

Batman #13

Deadpool #62

Captain America #18

Dr. Manhattan #2

Wolverine & The X-Men #18 (Which is a AvX issue. Idk why.)

Batman & Robin #13

Rorshach #1

Avenging Spider-man #13

Green Lantern Corps #13

AvX: Consequences #1

Avengers Assemble #8

Minutemen #4

Point Of Impact #1

Nightwing #13

Hawkeye #3 (:D:D)

Daredevil: End of Days #1

AvX: Consequences #2

Justice League #13

Captain Marvel #5

Daredevil #19

Yeah ill finally be buying a Superman book.

No love for Lobdell and Rocafort? They've been kicking ass on Red Hood and The Outlaws. It's one of the more consistent DC books. The Superman zero-issue was also very good. For me, Snyder's run on Batman has been kinda lackluster at points. I feel like he has a better handle on the character of Dick Grayson than he does Bruce Wayne. His run on 'Tec before the reboot was far better than his run on Batman thus far. I dunno, Hopefully he'll do a good job with Supes. Two good Superman solo books at the same goddamn time? I'm down with that. It's rare that there's even one

So the AvX collection is coming out soon but it seems a bit pricey. Is it actually worth the money? I was looking into it about halfway through the single issue releases but decided to wait until it was finished before reading.

Also if you would recommend one New 52 series which would it be? Currently all I've read are a bunch of Batman and Superman Earth One, so I'm thinking about expanding to different characters, but if the best series are either Batman or Superman I'll check them out.

Also if you would recommend one New 52 series which would it be? Currently all I've read are a bunch of Batman and Superman Earth One, so I'm thinking about expanding to different characters, but if the best series are either Batman or Superman I'll check them out.

I would say Batman. The Court of Owls story is just amazing. Or if you're looking for something a little outside the norm, Aquaman has been one of the best New 52 series.

No love for Lobdell and Rocafort?

I think Lobdell's run so far is pretty good.

So the AvX collection is coming out soon but it seems a bit pricey. Is it actually worth the money? I was looking into it about halfway through the single issue releases but decided to wait until it was finished before reading.

It is awful.

I'm hesitant about Superior Spider-Man. Some of what Slott has been doing has been great, some mediocre. I would like it if Superior Spider-Man was Miguel O'Harra (I believe that's Spider-Man 2099's name). The little experience I have with him was from the Exiles series in the mid 2000s, but I liked him as a character. I also wouldn't mind an older Miles Morales.

I think Superior Spider-Man is going to be "Peter Parker". Something will happen in The Amazing Spider-Man 700 where Peter's identity is exposed and he'll have to fake his death, and then he'll adopt a new identity and be Spider-Man once again. However, if it's not Peter, I don't care who it is. Slott is a great guy, passionate in his work and if you've ever been to a con and just asked him to talk about Spider-Man and his work you can hear how engaged he is and he really knows his stuff so I trust he's going to do a great job.

Snyder and Lee on Superman may be only New 52 Superman book I buy. I buy Smallville: Season 11 because it's the only good Superman book out there. Great stuff with Lex Luthor, they re did the Hank Henshaw storyline, they got Batman on with a World's Finest story involving Joe Chill and Mr. Freeze/Prankster, good, good stuff.

I didn't think Uncanny Avengers was anything special although I'm hoping it goes into far places. Red She-Hulk seems really cool and I also am waiting on Captain America and All New X-Men by Bendis. Love me some Bendis.

I think Superior Spider-Man is going to be "Peter Parker". Something will happen in The Amazing Spider-Man 700 where Peter's identity is exposed and he'll have to fake his death, and then he'll adopt a new identity and be Spider-Man once again. However, if it's not Peter, I don't care who it is. Slott is a great guy, passionate in his work and if you've ever been to a con and just asked him to talk about Spider-Man and his work you can hear how engaged he is and he really knows his stuff so I trust he's going to do a great job.

Snyder and Lee on Superman may be only New 52 Superman book I buy. I buy Smallville: Season 11 because it's the only good Superman book out there. Great stuff with Lex Luthor, they re did the Hank Henshaw storyline, they got Batman on with a World's Finest story involving Joe Chill and Mr. Freeze/Prankster, good, good stuff.

I didn't think Uncanny Avengers was anything special although I'm hoping it goes into far places. Red She-Hulk seems really cool and I also am waiting on Captain America and All New X-Men by Bendis. Love me some Bendis.

I have a feeling Parker will retire but still develop tech for who ever the new Spider-Man is. All signs point Miguel but i wounder if the ending of Spider-Men has any hints.

Just picked up The Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 2 for half price, pretty pumped to read it.

Also, after the Iron Man 3 trailer is anyone excited to read Gillen's new Iron Man series next month?

• 2 weeks later...

Well thanks for the recommendation for my next purchase :P

You're welcome. Dark Victory must be read after TLH, as it's a direct sequel as far as I remember.

Here's my latest orders.

Batman: Dark Victory

Daredevil: Yellow

Daredevil: The Man Without Fear

Deadpool: Suicide Kings

The Flash: Rebirth

Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters

Green Arrow: Year One

Green Arrow: Quiver

Joker

Kingdom Come

So anyone check out any Marvel Now books? Ironman was good storyline wise but the art was inconsistant. One page Stark looked one way, the next he looked like someone else. Other than that i got Deadpool, All-New X-Men, and Fantastic Four on deck to read right now.

I've been wanting to get into Marvel but I never know where to start. I think Spider-Man would be a good place to start but there are just so many different versions I always just give up searching and go back to Batman and DC :P

Amazing Spider-Man is the main title and that is wrapping up in three issues, after that Superior Spider-man becomes the main title starting at #1 with a new character under the Spidey hood. Two other Mavrel books to get are Daredevil and Hawkeye.

I read Deadpool earlier and actually enjoyed it. I really love the storyline they are running with.

Archived