Comic Discussion

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ending of Green Lantern #12 made me even more excited for the Annual issue but worried about whats going to happen to Hal Jordan.

Apparently Hal will disappeared or be MIA, as a new Green Lantern has been shown in press adverts and recent articles.

At the end of Green Lantern Corps when they beat the Alpha Lanterns someone screams "Let me out." and Stewarts ring can't recognize the voice. Im assuming that is this mysterious lantern? I have a feeling that he is trapped in the Ring Battery. All i know is i don't want Jordan gone. When i got into comics he was the first Lantern i got attached too. I like Stewart and Gardner but i like them as my main characters in Green Lantern Corps and not the main title.

So I'm looking to get the Sinestro Corps War storyline, and I have 2 options; 2 hardcovers or 1 paperback. The hardcovers will cost more, but have 32 more total pages than the paperback. Does anyone know if these 32 pages are of any importance? If it's just extra artwork and author interviews, I'll probably just get the paper.

So I'm looking to get the Sinestro Corps War storyline, and I have 2 options; 2 hardcovers or 1 paperback. The hardcovers will cost more, but have 32 more total pages than the paperback. Does anyone know if these 32 pages are of any importance? If it's just extra artwork and author interviews, I'll probably just get the paper.

I picked up the paperback version a few months back, and I feel it doesn't miss anything out.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/20/geoff-johns-to-leave-aquaman-with-ivan-reis/

Bad news :( I thought he was going to be leaving Aquaman for Action Comics when I read this because Morrison is leaving after 16.

Then I read this.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/20/andy-diggle-to-take-on-action-comics-after-grant-morrison/

I suppose only time will tell. It won't be the first time Geoff Johns has left a book prematurely. I just hope Aquaman doesn't suffer the same fate as Hawkman.

http://www.bleedingc...with-ivan-reis/

Bad news :( I thought he was going to be leaving Aquaman for Action Comics when I read this because Morrison is leaving after 16.

Then I read this.

http://www.bleedingc...grant-morrison/

I suppose only time will tell. It won't be the first time Geoff Johns has left a book prematurely. I just hope Aquaman doesn't suffer the same fate as Hawkman.

Oh man, what a drag. Aquaman's been awesome with Johns at the helm.

I picked up the paperback version a few months back, and I feel it doesn't miss anything out.

Cool, thanks. I'll definitely be picking up the paperback.

Green Lantern Annual was insane:

While Hal Jordan and Sinestro are fighting the Black Hand the Guardians take control of the first Green Lantern. They than take control of the Black Hand and kill Sinestro and Jordan. Than the Guardians use the power of the very first Green Lantern who is imprisoned to make the first member of the Third Army with their own flesh and blood. This member of the Third Army converts a random security guard into a member of the army. Than the Guardians sent them out to do this to every single person in the universe.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read the series 52. It gets pretty confusing at times but it was really pretty great. Black Adam by far has the strongest storyline of everything that is going on in this book. I would suggest this book to people who are looking to get deeper into DC Lore since there are a ton of obscure characters used in this series.

I just read the series 52. It gets pretty confusing at times but it was really pretty great. Black Adam by far has the strongest storyline of everything that is going on in this book. I would suggest this book to people who are looking to get deeper into DC Lore since there are a ton of obscure characters used in this series.

I have the first four issues in print, but I can't find Week #5 anywhere. I'd buy the trades but Vol. 4 is really *censored*ing expensive. DC really need to reprint it soon.

I would really just spend the money on Volume 4. I picked it up and finished it in about 2 hours cause i was so reeled in to Black Adam's story.

I'll see if I can find it cheaper. I'm really interested since it prominently features 3 of my absolute favourite comic characters (Animal Man, The Question, Batwoman), I'll get it eventually.

They're just releasing it in Omnibus format with every issue in a massive hardcover, but I've heard bad things about DC's omnibuses and how they hold up so I'm not sure.

Archived