Roman ''Reign'' Talks Fan Criticism On His Promo,Where He Want To Be In Five Years,More.

Sicky

He can talk, guys, check his NXT stuff. IMO

^ I'll vouch for you. He can talk, very well. Super charismatic as well. Rollins, imo can talk as well but that's certainly not valid based on his time in WWE. Ambrose is the most well-rounded/complete package out of the three in my opinion.

He can talk as a heel...Which isn't really a plus considering you'd have to play both roles well. Tell me he cut a good promo as Leakee.....

So it's not really a plus being able to cut promos primarily as heel. I guess the same applies to Ambrose then?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how he says that he's not bothered about what the fans think because they're right to have an opinion. Usually the most overused and annoying answer to that is "I don't care bout mah haterz blah blah blah, dey just jealous".

Nice interview. Roman seems really awesome. :)

A.k.a The Miz. Thats literally what he's done since 2007.

Also @Lyriqz; Goldberg can do a backflip too

Miz is exactly who I was thinking of lmao.

I know you were lol! Thats the thing I like about Reigns in this interview, he's humble enough that he just plainly admits that he doesn't care about negative criticism, but Miz always whines about it having to called everyone "haters". Its the same thing mainstream music artists do. I'm not saying Miz hasn't improved though.

Well... He's not wrong lol...

Thus why Goldberg and Reigns need to get it on at WM30 after Goldberg owns Ryback at EC. Then *wakes up*

2 guys who are practically below average in the ring and are well known for the execution of a single move need to go at it? Does-Not-Compute.

WRONG! Goldberg's known for two moves - spear and backflip!

All in seriousness though, I still am not sold on Reigns being a successful singles star. Take away a partner, and Reigns' main selling point is harder to achieve. He can't just get beaten up and hit a spear out of nowhere every match, that will get dull fast.

Thus why Goldberg and Reigns need to get it on at WM30 after Goldberg owns Ryback at EC. Then *wakes up*

2 guys who are practically below average in the ring and are well known for the execution of a single move need to go at it? Does-Not-Compute.

I have a feeling you do not get the concept of wrestling styles because neither on of them are below average wrestlers, given what they're doing/designed to do/supposed to do.

He can talk, guys, check his NXT stuff. IMO

^ I'll vouch for you. He can talk, very well. Super charismatic as well. Rollins, imo can talk as well but that's certainly not valid based on his time in WWE. Ambrose is the most well-rounded/complete package out of the three in my opinion.

He can talk as a heel...Which isn't really a plus considering you'd have to play both roles well. Tell me he cut a good promo as Leakee.....

I am gonna be completely honest: I didn't see him talk as Leakee, just matches. However, he's charismatic and he can talk as a heel. I can't see him being too bad as a face, unless they make him cheesy and one sided like Sheamus, Cena, etc. I think he'll benefit greatly from an eventual Shield break up with Ambrose as a counterpart. With Ambrose's qualities on the microphone, Reigns will be very over as the face part and he'll learn from Ambrose at the same time. I'm pretty positive about that. :)

They can roar at each other though. You know, since both men are unable to cut an promo and progress the story for their match ( except through pre-recording ). It would be an reenactment of the Lion King. I would be marking out bro!

I disagree with this but holy *Censored*, the roaring part made me laugh so much. :lol:

If you cannot provide reasons why we should believe in Reigns (I want to), then you do not have faith in Reigns either.

Because he's improving extremely fast and it's not unlikely he will keep on improving a lot and quickly, because he's very fluid, very agile and fast for his size, because he bumps well (like, really realistic and still pretty cool for his size), because he plays a good heel, because he is hungry and it shows in the way he wrestles, because he puts on entertaining performances regularly and there's no need to be pessmistic about him as a singles competitor and because he looks pretty damn cool. :)

So basically, you have no faith in Reigns and only like him (like many of us) because of his spear and clutch abilities that'd make even Michael Jordan jealous?

So far, that is all it has took. As part of The Shield, that alone has been his role and he has excelled in it. I get that he's far from one of the best in the ring, but he's a decent enough powerhouse imo. Of course, there's always scope for improvement and I'm confident he will improve in due time, breaking away from The Shield/under a new role, etc. Which is why I DO have faith in him.

If you cannot provide reasons why we should believe in Reigns (I want to), then you do not have faith in Reigns either.

Because he's improving extremely fast and it's not unlikely he will keep on improving a lot and quickly, because he's very fluid, very agile and fast for his size, because he bumps well (like, really realistic and still pretty cool for his size), because he plays a good heel, because he is hungry and it shows in the way he wrestles, because he puts on entertaining performances regularly and there's no need to be pessmistic about him as a singles competitor and because he looks pretty damn cool. :)

Ha. Gay.

I'm not being skeptical, just a bit doubtful due to lack of imagination. Dude definitely has that intensity that can carry him far, like Daniel.

So basically, you have no faith in Reigns and only like him (like many of us) because of his spear and clutch abilities that'd make even Michael Jordan jealous?

So far, that is all it has took. As part of The Shield, that alone has been his role and he has excelled in it. I get that he's far from one of the best in the ring, but he's a decent enough powerhouse imo. Of course, there's always scope for improvement and I'm confident he will improve in due time, breaking away from The Shield/under a new role, etc. Which is why I DO have faith in him.

But what sets him apart from other powerhouse? But yeah, I can see him improving and getting better. I hope he grows rapidly, it'd be good to see him break out and still be intense without being a hound of justice.

Great posts. I enjoy reading these types of posts. :)

Reigns is just like any performer. He has flaws his and it's up to booking and himself to move up despie them. Reigns has his pop worthy finisher, his intensity, the simple appeal, but he isn't a dynamic character, not a great worker, and won't light the world on fire when holding a mic. Many have failed with that same background but many have also triumphed aswell. Kane is more or less the same till his mic skills really developed, The Undertaker was actually an inferior performer than Reigns in his early years, there's Batista, there's Lashley. Reigns can be a succes story but it depends on two factors. He eventually has to develop his mic skills, every big guy with staying power has learned the gift of gab, and they can't dumb him down. Batista and Lashley were turned into basic super faces and lost a big part of their appeal. With Big Dave just cutting basic promos instead of his calm verbal beatdowns that were filled with zingers and Lashley avoiding using his amateur background which made him a bore in the ring.

But what sets him apart from other powerhouse?

One of my favorite things that makes him a stand out is that he's a rare breed. Taker, Kane, Henry, Show all go for the glacier-like mountain that no sells punishment but will be taken down if you can land enough strong blows. Reigns is more along the lines of Vader and Lesnar. He sells his ass off and his insanely fast and the scary thing is that he keeps coming for you. You're not facing a mountain of a man, you're facing a monster of a man that won't stop until he breaks you in half. This makes his matches more fluid because he doesn't have to sell like a big man and his intensity really shines through.

I'm not being skeptical, just a bit doubtful due to lack of imagination. Dude definitely has that intensity that can carry him far, like Daniel.

But what sets him apart from other powerhouse? But yeah, I can see him improving and getting better. I hope he grows rapidly, it'd be good to see him break out and still be intense without being a hound of justice.

Great posts. I enjoy reading these types of posts. :)

It's his intensity, which is near the top when it comes to the powerhouses they have, as well as out of the entire roster. That coupled with his presence as well as a deadly finisher is what has made him stand out for me as part of The Shield.

Archived