FAQ On Being Banned

Spirito

2k games with these pointless bannings for no good reason is bs. Their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with. I truthfully wish any other gaming company would have gotten the wwe license. 2k games plainly sucks. WWE need to get out of this contract as soon as possible before they ruin their video game franchise. THQ had its problems, but at least you could talk to the people you needed to if you had a problem. I talked to their corporate office at thq many times. Called 2k asked for a supervisor 5 times to be told no one could help me. 2k is garbage.

Why did you call 2K? Did you get banned?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I dont think they are doing a good job, and as a PR man he is just doing recovery work. the fact is when you appoint moderators they should get a set of detailed instructions as to what they are supposed to be doing, Ban happy morons that ban people at the drop of a hat should not have been given the job of moderator.

bottom line does it matter if people inject bitmaps( just graphics) into a game? not really, hacking movesets or unfair play, including hacked caws for gameplay advantage reasons IE: invisible/flying/super small online, should be all they bother with.

offline I really dont care if people hack stuff and play on thier own machine against the AI with every hack in the books, online that stuff matters offline its up to them.

I love the fact he had what 3 months from the game going online before this happend and did he talk to the moderators team once? no, I guess the fact that after the bans started just about every major forum had huge amounts of people saying they wont be buying 2k15, became a bit of a problem for them and they reversed course from Iron fist to apology.

You DO realize that the new guy only recently got the job, right? Before him Aubrey was the guy, and he fits what you said to a T.

Personally I dont think they are doing a good job, and as a PR man he is just doing recovery work. the fact is when you appoint moderators they should get a set of detailed instructions as to what they are supposed to be doing, Ban happy morons that ban people at the drop of a hat should not have been given the job of moderator.

bottom line does it matter if people inject bitmaps( just graphics) into a game? not really, hacking movesets or unfair play, including hacked caws for gameplay advantage reasons IE: invisible/flying/super small online, should be all they bother with.

offline I really dont care if people hack stuff and play on thier own machine against the AI with every hack in the books, online that stuff matters offline its up to them.

I love the fact he had what 3 months from the game going online before this happend and did he talk to the moderators team once? no, I guess the fact that after the bans started just about every major forum had huge amounts of people saying they wont be buying 2k15, became a bit of a problem for them and they reversed course from Iron fist to apology.

You DO realize that the new guy only recently got the job, right? Before him Aubrey was the guy, and he fits what you said to a T.

Basically this. The new guy's done a better job in his short time so far than Aubrey's done in the past couple years.

Basically this. The new guy's done a better job in his short time so far than Aubrey's done in the past couple years.

Not hard to do a better job when the last guy didn't do his job at all. :lol:

PS3 can get away from bans from textured caws because they don't need a modded console to do it, while Xbox you run the risk of being banned for a modded console as you needed it in the first place to use textures at all.

PS3 can get away from bans from textured caws because they don't need a modded console to do it, while Xbox you run the risk of being banned for a modded console as you needed it in the first place to use textures at all.

Xbox don't need a modded console either all we need to texture is an injector I'm pretty sure PS3 is the exact *censored*ing same.

You have it backwards there. For 2K14, you do not need a modded xbox in order to insert textures. PS3, as recent as I recall, is the opposite.

You have it backwards there. For 2K14, you do not need a modded xbox in order to insert textures. PS3, as recent as I recall, is the opposite.

No there is a method to do it on a retail PS3 now.

They are the exact same am i talking to a brick wall or something. :laugh:

Ahh, thanks for the update mate. Last I checked PS3 was modded only but that was a while ago.

2k games with these pointless bannings for no good reason is bs. Their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with. I truthfully wish any other gaming company would have gotten the wwe license. 2k games plainly sucks. WWE need to get out of this contract as soon as possible before they ruin their video game franchise. THQ had its problems, but at least you could talk to the people you needed to if you had a problem. I talked to their corporate office at thq many times. Called 2k asked for a supervisor 5 times to be told no one could help me. 2k is garbage.

Why did you call 2K? Did you get banned?

No bobby de niero my brother and my caw collab partner got banned. Trying to iron that out. And 2k customer service blows.

Jared Rea WWE2K games Community manager has said and I quote "Hey folks,

Apologies for the delay but it took a fair amount of time for me to dive into this and find out how we handle moderation for WWE online content, who handles it and what that team's current direction is. Now that I've got that sorted out, I have some news to share.

First and foremost, it's important that I let you all know what the folks in charge of moderation are typically on the hunt for. In no particular order, the main targets are:

- Cheats in ranked gameplay (hacked CAWs and movesets)

- Offensive content (nudity, derogatory content, curse words, etc)

- Hacked movesets

- Hacked CAWs (invisible wrestlers, etc)

- Content promoting third-party tools in descriptions

- Descriptions containing offensive content (namely curse words)

It's also important that I let you all know that if you've downloaded content which resulted in the creator being banned, you won't be punished.. unless of course, you turn around and upload that content yourself.

Those who are banned for Community Creations receive a temporary 2 week ban, while bans served for ranked gameplay are permanent.

BUT I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS...

Those who have been banned from Community Creations will have to allow their temporary 2 week bans to lapse. That's just how the system works, so I apologize for that.

Now that I've had a chance to meet with and chat with the moderation team, I hope you'll find that they'll be a bit more relaxed in their efforts should your Community Creations not fall into one of the categories above. Again, apologies for the delayed response. Thanks!"

I hope this helps everyone out.

I'll be honest with you. As long as they stick to all this, this seems fair. It feels like they're not out and out doing away with CAW injection, and are doing this mostly to clean up the community of the worse elements. It just sucks that a lot of good creators got caught in the crossfire of this,and weren't forward about it from the getgo. Hopefully Jared isn't talking out of his ass, and channels will be opened and the people banned will be unbanned shortly and allowed to continue building as long as they're careful.

Well today is the 2 week anniversary of chris and bobby's ban I wonder if they are unbanned yet. If they are not by monday all that 2 week stuff is not true. I strongly hope it is.

Yea I hope Chris does as far as bobby goes it doesn't really matter if he got himself banned from here

Are you serious bro? Bobby does matter. Doesn't he make alot of pts for godflow and you. This is not the only caws site. I thought you knew that. Aren't you on the other site too. But anyway Neither are unbanned because 2k games are a bunch of liars.

We should protest against 2K on the forums about this. I mean this will really makes caws and arenas not look as real as it could get. I mean I get the hacked movesets, but logos? Are you serious 2K? ._.

According to the new guy's official statement, it's a lot fairer than that. They are looking to ban the people causing problems with hacking the game, however it wasn't made clear at first with the moderation team so they started banning anyone uploading shit that has been altered with a third-party program.

Minor setback, but hopefully he keeps to his word.

Are you serious bro? Bobby does matter. Doesn't he make alot of pts for godflow and you. This is not the only caws site. I thought you knew that. Aren't you on the other site too. But anyway Neither are unbanned because 2k games are a bunch of liars.

Nope I dont talk to him because I cant give my opinion around him. And well 2K goes down the path of losing money

Archived