FAQ On Being Banned

Spirito

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to this fiasco, I won't be uploading anything new for 2k14. Today, I voluntarily removed the following of my creations from PS3 cc:

1. WCW Monday Nitro TNT (TNT logo)
  2. WCW Thunder (Thunder logo)
  3. WCW Starrcade '97 (Starrcade logo, which I recolored with just the right shades of blue and white, same as the mat logo in real life. It looked beautiful!)
  4. Rowdy Roddy Piper WCW (Looney Tunes' Taz on his Slamboree '98 shirt)
  5. WCW Bash At The Beach (BATB logo)

I was going to delete my uploaded paint tools but it seems that this is really an issue of vulgar content so I will let it ride and see how it shakes out. Hoping to avoid this ban bull shit. I never reupload other peoples CAWs. I just upload textures I am loading to use myself. Since I have enjoyed so much quality content over the last couple years, I am very happy to contibute and upload some cool paint tool stuff and finally give back. If they ban me over it, I am going to be seriously pissed.

Due to this fiasco, I won't be uploading anything new for 2k14. Today, I voluntarily removed the following of my creations from PS3 cc:

1. WCW Monday Nitro TNT (TNT logo)
  2. WCW Thunder (Thunder logo)
  3. WCW Starrcade '97 (Starrcade logo, which I recolored with just the right shades of blue and white, same as the mat logo in real life. It looked beautiful!)
  4. Rowdy Roddy Piper WCW (Looney Tunes' Taz on his Slamboree '98 shirt)
  5. WCW Bash At The Beach (BATB logo)

Sucks to see it happen, but I don't think anyone would really blame you at this point.

Well today is the 2 week anniversary of chris and bobby's ban I wonder if they are unbanned yet. If they are not by monday all that 2 week stuff is not true. I strongly hope it is.

Yea I hope Chris does as far as bobby goes it doesn't really matter if he got himself banned from here

My ban was removed Monday :)

Me & Bobby didnt fight, he just over reacted like ussual, All bark & no bite.

Hahahahah I went out of my way to be nice to him and after his ban DM'ed him on twitter with all the details. I was unfollowed for my kindness due to my association I suppose with the evil WhatsTheStatus lol sorry guys I'm a Status Guy!

wow so 2k went out on a witch hunt and started banning for anything seems like thye shoulproper intel before just banning people. as for the arguemtn or wtfe it was in here everyone needs get fof the soapboxes and quit bashing each other cus its rather funny how people talk trash but only certain people get warnings . seriously everyone needs not take themselves so serious. now 2k needs fix all the bs and cut the bs honestly wwe with the dont allow this n this bs needs to be told look your fans want realism and you say its their universe yet yo censor it and im sick of it seriously if i want have some match with say joey ryan and candice larae vs masada and cve then i should be able ot have everyone fight each other . give us what we want and simple place aflipping r or pg13 or nc17 rating or mature ratign on content that isnt pg . guess then cantmake realistic stonecold shirts etc but wtf do they care 2k got paid vkm got paid hell it sprobally paul levesque having one his butt buddies snitching on content .

Jared Rea WWE2K games Community manager has said and I quote "Hey folks,

Apologies for the delay but it took a fair amount of time for me to dive into this and find out how we handle moderation for WWE online content, who handles it and what that team's current direction is. Now that I've got that sorted out, I have some news to share.

First and foremost, it's important that I let you all know what the folks in charge of moderation are typically on the hunt for. In no particular order, the main targets are:

- Cheats in ranked gameplay (hacked CAWs and movesets)

- Offensive content (nudity, derogatory content, curse words, etc)

- Hacked movesets

- Hacked CAWs (invisible wrestlers, etc)

- Content promoting third-party tools in descriptions

- Descriptions containing offensive content (namely curse words)

It's also important that I let you all know that if you've downloaded content which resulted in the creator being banned, you won't be punished.. unless of course, you turn around and upload that content yourself.

Those who are banned for Community Creations receive a temporary 2 week ban, while bans served for ranked gameplay are permanent.

BUT I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS...

Those who have been banned from Community Creations will have to allow their temporary 2 week bans to lapse. That's just how the system works, so I apologize for that.

Now that I've had a chance to meet with and chat with the moderation team, I hope you'll find that they'll be a bit more relaxed in their efforts should your Community Creations not fall into one of the categories above. Again, apologies for the delayed response. Thanks!"

I hope this helps everyone out.

If this as been explain sorry. So what they are saying is if I download content that was third party tools in descriptions I won't get banned, as long as I don't then upload that content??

wow so 2k went out on a witch hunt and started banning for anything seems like thye shoulproper intel before just banning people. as for the arguemtn or wtfe it was in here everyone needs get fof the soapboxes and quit bashing each other cus its rather funny how people talk trash but only certain people get warnings . seriously everyone needs not take themselves so serious. now 2k needs fix all the bs and cut the bs honestly wwe with the dont allow this n this bs needs to be told look your fans want realism and you say its their universe yet yo censor it and im sick of it seriously if i want have some match with say joey ryan and candice larae vs masada and cve then i should be able ot have everyone fight each other . give us what we want and simple place aflipping r or pg13 or nc17 rating or mature ratign on content that isnt pg . guess then cantmake realistic stonecold shirts etc but wtf do they care 2k got paid vkm got paid hell it sprobally paul levesque having one his butt buddies snitching on content .

Huh?

I'm going to piss off the community with this comment, but I don't think 2K is wrong with most of this. The hacked movesets are just ridiculous. I also think textures on caws are stupid. Last years when I downloaded some caws with textures, they 1: wouldn't work online and 2: created problems with my game.

However, what does NOT make sense in my eyes is if you DOWNLOAD one of these things and you get banned. Only the creators should be banned.

WHy is everyone getting things in a twist as far as I know all is good again. I have seen rendered caws and textures now and they havent credited and are fine. So all is well just dont credit

It's really *censored*ed up though, that you try to do the honorable thing by crediting people, and it gets you banned.

Well KG won't be too happy to know we can't credit his tool for logos we used to make our CAW's. I wonder if those of us who paid for the tool will be considered in breach of the term of sales?

Seriously, just use the cracked version mate. KG kinda showed that he cant be trusted to keep it going anyways.

I was unbanned a week ago actually, however the wait for me was more like 2 months lol. A bunch of other people I know who got banned for whatever reasons all were unbanned the same day ~ so I'm starting to think 2K decided to unbanned/unsuspended everyone and have everyone start over with a clean slate.

...Either that or they realized it was a glitch/mistake that certain people were being banned for no apparent reason. I don't know ~ it's hard to say.

• 2 weeks later...

That first one is complete and utter bullshit. Period. Why the hell should I be banned for unknowingly downloading someone's hacked moveset? Especially if I don't even use it online?

I agree. It's not like we can preview the moveset first or anything. We only know about what's in it when it's downloaded.

____

Does this happen on PS3?

Archived