LEAST favorite move

Raddad88

Title says it all, what's your least favorite move in independent wrestling.

Preferably a signature or finisher, but if it's unique to a certain guy I'd suppose that works too.

I'll start

@ 1:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb5edjH0TXM

Teddy Hart's stu hear special. It's one of those moves that just takes to much set up, it's to complicated and he's not big enough to do it on a bigger guy.

Notable mention, Genericos double pump orange crush, same reasons as above.

Not a fan of harts hart rate either.

So what's your least favorite move, opinions remember, not fact!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definately El Generico's Orange Crush. That was the first move that came to my mind when I read that topic title. I also don't like the Chickenwing Piledriver Teddy Hart does. Other than the Orange Crush, that move would be sweet if it wouldn't take him so damn long for such a simple movement.

Definately El Generico's Orange Crush. That was the first move that came to my mind when I read that topic title. I also don't like the Chickenwing Piledriver Teddy Hart does. Other than the Orange Crush, that move would be sweet if it wouldn't take him so damn long for such a simple movement.

Considering his version is essentially a powerbomb at the end of the day, I totally agree!

Agree with multiple spin/flip top rope stuff for the most part, it just depends who's doing it. Guys like pac who look in control the whole time and actually hit the move more times then not I could watch all day. Huckers though should quite while their ahead.

I always cringe when I see a superstar do a plancha, running or standing, to the outside. I understand the risky appeal of it but come on, 9 times out of 10, the move ends up with at least one person being injured. I can always see how it was meant to pan out but between going over the ropes at exactly the right time, having the opponents being in exactly the right spot at exactly the right time, being caught exactly the right way, taking the bump exactly the right way while catching the opponent exactly the right way, and setting your opponent down in exactly the right way, there are too many things that can go wrong for just anybody to do it.

Personally, I love seeing Generico's Orange Crush, and Teddy Hart's Open Hart Surgery. They're really unique moves that not a lot of people do, which I like. The fact that they can only be done on limited wrestlers does hurt it though IMO.

Gimmick moves such as The Worm, or the Peoples Elbow really annoy me, I can't think of an indy equivalent but I'm sure they exist.

The Avalanche Flip Piledriver is one I really dislike. I've seen Adam Cole and Jake Crist do it regularly. It' cool in theory, but it's generally botched and is incredibly dangerous considering how these guys are basically getting paid in peanuts.

I don't mind diving moves with rotations as long as the person performing it can do it successfully. Example: a Phoenix Splash can be one of the most beautiful moves in wrestling when preformed correctly, but there are a lot of people who attempt it and under-rotate and land on the opponent with their knees, or over-rotate and faceplant. Big moves like the Double Rotation Moonsault and 630 Splash are things that shouldn't be brought out for every little thing, but I see why it is; especially with no-name indy guys who are willing to do anything to get a buzz on their name. (The recent Double Rotation Moonsault accident is a perfect example). Personally I think the bigger rotation moves look bad though. If you watch Hayabusa do a Phoenix Splash, it looks so graceful and smooth, but watching a 630 splash looks really awkward and forced to me.

Not really any specific moves here, but it really annoys me when a wrestler uses a finisher as a regular move, or vice versa. It takes away from the realism of wrestling as a whole IMO. For example, why is it that wrestler A can do a Death Valley Driver, and it's just a move, but wrestler B can do a Death Valley Driver, and the move is so effective it's compared to a Mortal Kombat fatality? The individual wrestler can only be so much of a factor.

Not really any specific moves here, but it really annoys me when a wrestler uses a finisher as a regular move, or vice versa. It takes away from the realism of wrestling as a whole IMO. For example, why is it that wrestler A can do a Death Valley Driver, and it's just a move, but wrestler B can do a Death Valley Driver, and the move is so effective it's compared to a Mortal Kombat fatality? The individual wrestler can only be so much of a factor.

This is basic evolution though, in the most part. Jake the Snake used to kill dudes with the DDT, now it's a basic move. Barry Windham would finish folks with the devestation of a Super Plex, now it's a double down. I kinda take that back, maybe it's not evolution but the lack of psychology that kills those moves.

There was a wrestler back in the day that used a school boy for a finisher. Guy would try it the whole match, and it would never work, but when it did, the crowd would go nuts. It's the psychology behind the move, Jake Roberts did it also. He went for that DDT, because that was IT. If he hit it, the match was over. He didn't wait till the finish to nail it, he went for it early because it would be over if he hit it. A lot, and I mean a lot of guys just do stuff cuz it looks cool now a days. Which leads to guys having to do flipping piledrivers, head drops, and Night of the Living Yakuzas to get anything over. When Lawler just did a standard Piledriver, Arn Anderson a standard Spinebuster, and Chono a Yakuza. Now you can see them all 50 times on 1 show.

But back on topic, when I first read the topic I immediately though of the "Pat by" or "Que Paso", depending on where you're from. It's not even a move, it's a shoot a guy off the ropes, but pat him past you, as in, pat his back and let him run past you to hit the other side. I hate it with a supreme passion. It's a lucha thing, that should stay in lucha. For so many feds and guys going for a legit style, they don't even come close to mimmicking the wrestling of old (50's) with silly nonsense like that, Where guys looks like they were actually trying to win.

Another thing I hate is the stutter step, tippy toe, super stride run that Indy guys do. I don't know who started it, but NOBODY runs like that. NOBODY. Don't jump before you run, don't do that stutter thing, or that arm thing. Run. Freaking run!!!

And another thing, I hate, is when guys don't attack the ropes when they hit them. Ok, if the ring is jank, don't attack them. But these guys that act like they are afraid to hit the ropes need to go somewhere.

Sorry for the rant...you started it.

Personally, I love seeing Generico's Orange Crush, and Teddy Hart's Open Hart Surgery. They're really unique moves that not a lot of people do, which I like. The fact that they can only be done on limited wrestlers does hurt it though IMO.

Gimmick moves such as The Worm, or the Peoples Elbow really annoy me, I can't think of an indy equivalent but I'm sure they exist.

The Avalanche Flip Piledriver is one I really dislike. I've seen Adam Cole and Jake Crist do it regularly. It' cool in theory, but it's generally botched and is incredibly dangerous considering how these guys are basically getting paid in peanuts.

I don't mind diving moves with rotations as long as the person performing it can do it successfully. Example: a Phoenix Splash can be one of the most beautiful moves in wrestling when preformed correctly, but there are a lot of people who attempt it and under-rotate and land on the opponent with their knees, or over-rotate and faceplant. Big moves like the Double Rotation Moonsault and 630 Splash are things that shouldn't be brought out for every little thing, but I see why it is; especially with no-name indy guys who are willing to do anything to get a buzz on their name. (The recent Double Rotation Moonsault accident is a perfect example). Personally I think the bigger rotation moves look bad though. If you watch Hayabusa do a Phoenix Splash, it looks so graceful and smooth, but watching a 630 splash looks really awkward and forced to me.

Some old Tyler Black clips come to mind. Love tyler but man he never seemed to get that splash down regularly.

I don't like alot of the super dragon finishers. The head impact just seems to over the top for me.

Mike Bennetts old wrist clutch side effect type move just doesn't seem to be good for a finisher

Not a fan of cross legged brainbuster ether. Idk why

Sliced bread/Ninja just seems like too unrealistic in the way it takes both guys and the landing rarely looks like a finisher type

And I really don't like the package piledriver. I just never have got behind the hype of it

I don't like alot of the super dragon finishers. The head impact just seems to over the top for me.

Mike Bennetts old wrist clutch side effect type move just doesn't seem to be good for a finisher

Sliced bread/Ninja just seems like too unrealistic in the way it takes both guys and the landing rarely looks like a finisher type

And I really don't like the package piledriver. I just never have got behind the hype of it

Super Dragon is one I never liked watching just because of how dangerous everything he does is. Drives me nuts

I agree with the slice bread. I hate that also. Everytime someone does it I just picture the other guy catching him, dropping him into a tombstone then yelling Get that ish outta here...

I don't like AR Fox's Lo Mein Pain. That's the first one I think of. It was awesome the first time I saw it when it came out of nowhere, but ever since it just annoys me. I always hated the Pepsi Plunge as well.

Is that the move where he bounces off the rope and does the spanish fly?

Super Dragon is one I never liked watching just because of how dangerous everything he does is. Drives me nuts

I agree with the slice bread. I hate that also. Everytime someone does it I just picture the other guy catching him, dropping him into a tombstone then yelling Get that ish outta here...

I don't like AR Fox's Lo Mein Pain. That's the first one I think of. It was awesome the first time I saw it when it came out of nowhere, but ever since it just annoys me. I always hated the Pepsi Plunge as well.

Is that the move where he bounces off the rope and does the spanish fly?

Yeah, that's the Lo Mein Pain. It's not really a move I'm fond of either personally. Like he said, as an out of nowhere move, it's cool, but if Fox has to set it up it's less exciting.

Some old Tyler Black clips come to mind. Love tyler but man he never seemed to get that splash down regularly.

To be fair, it looks like he has moved away from some of that. Ex: The Psycho Driver looks like it lands the opponent on his face more instead of on the top of his head, now. And I don't think he has used the Barry White Driver in a while

Yeah, that's the Lo Mein Pain. It's not really a move I'm fond of either personally. Like he said, as an out of nowhere move, it's cool, but if Fox has to set it up it's less exciting.

He did a nice surprise springboard variation of it at the recent DGUSA shows.

I'm not gonna lie, I like flashy, twisty, cheesy, OTT, highflying moves and whatnot. And it may not be a popular opinion for an indy/puro fan, but I typically don't like striking finishers. Clotheslines/lariats, kicks, elbows, knees, etc. They can be good as 'surprise' moves to end matches, and they can look sick if they're especially stiff, but most of the time they just don't look impactful enough to get much of a reaction, and end up being anti-climactic. I must say that Okada pulls it off really well though.

I hate hate hate the Style's Clash... even Claudio's neutralizer he is using in WWE. Those moves seem just stupid to me... Its like doing a belly flop when you are only 2 feet off the ground. Claudio's looks better than the Clash, but I don't believe either of those moves should be able to get a 3 count. Also hate Bo Dallas' weak looking spear lol.

I hate hate hate the Style's Clash... even Claudio's neutralizer he is using in WWE. Those moves seem just stupid to me... Its like doing a belly flop when you are only 2 feet off the ground. Claudio's looks better than the Clash, but I don't believe either of those moves should be able to get a 3 count. Also hate Bo Dallas' weak looking spear lol.

Agreed. It's good as a signature but not as a move that finishes the match unless it's done from the top rope or something, which would probably end up botched and injure someone. Claudio should use the Ricola Bomb. Don't know about AJ. Bring back the Torture Rack Bomb, maybe? Who knows? Maybe he'll come back with a new finisher when he returns from "walking out" on TNA

This is true.

Agreed. It's good as a signature but not as a move that finishes the match unless it's done from the top rope or something, which would probably end up botched and injure someone. Claudio should use the Ricola Bomb. Don't know about AJ. Bring back the Torture Rack Bomb, maybe? Who knows? Maybe he'll come back with a new finisher when he returns from "walking out" on TNA

Archived