LEAST favorite move

Raddad88

Yeah, that's the Lo Mein Pain. It's not really a move I'm fond of either personally. Like he said, as an out of nowhere move, it's cool, but if Fox has to set it up it's less exciting.

He did a nice surprise springboard variation of it at the recent DGUSA shows.

I'm not gonna lie, I like flashy, twisty, cheesy, OTT, highflying moves and whatnot. And it may not be a popular opinion for an indy/puro fan, but I typically don't like striking finishers. Clotheslines/lariats, kicks, elbows, knees, etc. They can be good as 'surprise' moves to end matches, and they can look sick if they're especially stiff, but most of the time they just don't look impactful enough to get much of a reaction, and end up being anti-climactic. I must say that Okada pulls it off really well though.

I agree with this for the most part. Not always because the move doesn't great but because things like the clothesline have been used by so many people as a normal move,I'm supposed to believe that the effectivness is times by 10 when a guy like JBL or Nigel(examples) use it. They can make it look as brutal as they want,it still just doesn't do the trick for me. Another reason why I was never a fan of the Bull Hammer that Wade does. That and if you watch Hero do those moves,there are so many times where it looks so much more brutal. Its a example of if you can't make it look better then everyone else,you probably shouldn't do it.

The super kick is really overused in the Indies (I'm looking at you, Young Bucks :shift: ). It usually isn't even used for a finisher, or even to set one up.

I agree in part. I think the stereo super kick is a great move. I like it better then the More Bang For Your Buck(which I don't dislike ether). Its a great move they can pull out of no where. Thats why I enjoy the superkick. I think it has to be the right guy doing it. Guys like The Bucks and HBK do a great job with it. Guys like James Storm just don't make it look great at all. Thats why im glad WWE has not pulled a jumping complete shot deal(which has been like 5 guys finishers in the past 3 years) with the superkick. HBK did it so great that nobody(not even ziggles imo) should use it till they can make it look as good if not better. I mean I even am a huge morrison fan but he can't make it look great from the times ive seen ether.

Another move I don't like finisher wise is the the frog splash. Eddie looked great doing it. RVD tends to make it look brutal(more in his younger years though then now) but besides that it just doesn't look very impactful for a finisher. Shelley looks alright when he uses it as a sig and Reys weird arms behind the back version looks cool but not as finishers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never considered what Rey does to be a frog splash. The whole reason It's called a frog splash is because of the arm/leg scissoring inward/outward motion, which Rey doesn't do.

Regarding the Super Kick. I know it's one of the most over-used things in indy wrestling, and everyone and their grandmother uses it, but I really love Super Kicks to kneeling opponents. I actually like it better than regular Super Kicks.

I've never considered what Rey does to be a frog splash. The whole reason It's called a frog splash is because of the arm/leg scissoring inward/outward motion, which Rey doesn't do.

Regarding the Super Kick. I know it's one of the most over-used things in indy wrestling, and everyone and their grandmother uses it, but I really love Super Kicks to kneeling opponents. I actually like it better than regular Super Kicks.

I know it's not a super kick per say but Scott Lost's Big Fat Kill was awesome

I love running strikes as finishers, just depends what they are how they are done.

Perfect example, JBL made his clothesline a bit epic, he had a set up for it. There was a difference between his clothesline and his normal offense.

Big show on the other hand.... he just punches them in the face, no set up. He's got them in the corner, don't chop them you big ole idiot, punch them in the face. You caught hold of his leg... why'd you push him? Punch that little shit in the face and end this match. I feel like Show looses steam to me everytime he doesn't win a match in 20 seconds. He's over 7 feet tall and wins matches by punching you in the mush, you're *censored*ed!

Love the super kick but jesus can it be overdone. Watched a tag match between the young bucks and strong/edwards. I stopped counting super kicks at 17 I shit you not. Tone it down sometimes eh?

I hate hate hate the Style's Clash... even Claudio's neutralizer he is using in WWE. Those moves seem just stupid to me... Its like doing a belly flop when you are only 2 feet off the ground. Claudio's looks better than the Clash, but I don't believe either of those moves should be able to get a 3 count. Also hate Bo Dallas' weak looking spear lol.

The Style's Clash doesn't feel great. It's enough to knock the wind out of you long enough to not be able to kick out. If it's botched and you get folded up, EVEN BETTER! Haha...

Spears on the other hand, should be reserved for big men. I hate em.

I hate hate hate the Style's Clash... even Claudio's neutralizer he is using in WWE. Those moves seem just stupid to me... Its like doing a belly flop when you are only 2 feet off the ground. Claudio's looks better than the Clash, but I don't believe either of those moves should be able to get a 3 count. Also hate Bo Dallas' weak looking spear lol.

The Style's Clash doesn't feel great. It's enough to knock the wind out of you long enough to not be able to kick out. If it's botched and you get folded up, EVEN BETTER! Haha...

Spears on the other hand, should be reserved for big men. I hate em.

I don't even see how it would knock the wind out of you considering your torso is actually just a head's length above the ground. You are actually falling the least amount you can fall without already being on the ground. The thing taking the most impact would be your feet. I am sure it doesn't feel great, but it can't be too bad to fall 2 feet even if there is a guy on top of you.

The kick reversal that a lot of wrestlers do, especially in the WWE, when the other guy is setting up for a backdrop.

It looks completely stupid, and the person trying to execute the backdrop looks dumb as well just bending over for however god knows how long.

Yeah, that's horrible! The worst part to me is, nobody does it like they do a standard Back Body Drop. They always throw that hand up as they go down and you know it's reversed. I don't understand why everyone does this...

He should do this all the time, seems effective!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7cZrdRXyg

There it is. He did that to some jobber guy before also, I've never seen the one on richards.

I hate hate hate the Style's Clash... even Claudio's neutralizer he is using in WWE. Those moves seem just stupid to me... Its like doing a belly flop when you are only 2 feet off the ground. Claudio's looks better than the Clash, but I don't believe either of those moves should be able to get a 3 count.

Agreed.

The kick reversal that a lot of wrestlers do, especially in the WWE, when the other guy is setting up for a backdrop.

It looks completely stupid, and the person trying to execute the backdrop looks dumb as well just bending over for however god knows how long.

Yeah, that's horrible! The worst part to me is, nobody does it like they do a standard Back Body Drop. They always throw that hand up as they go down and you know it's reversed. I don't understand why everyone does this...

He should do this all the time, seems effective!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7cZrdRXyg

There it is. He did that to some jobber guy before also, I've never seen the one on richards.

Didn't Doug Williams do one to AJ that looked like that?

I never liked the michinoku driver II. The sitout scoop slam one. Not that I think it looks weak,because some guys make it look impactful,I just never have liked the move. DIdn't matter if it was Taka,Vampiro or generico....just have never liked it

The Frankensteiner. The way people sell it always makes it look so fake.

Because just like so many other moves it's become just something ppl do. It's fine when used in a Rana because you're pinning the guy, but if you frankensteiner someone, it should look forceful, driving their head into the mat, not as some flippy spot, when you could just head scissor takeover the guy.

Have you ever seen how Rey Jr. did it in WCW? His was awesome. Scott Stiener used to spike dudes also.

I hate when people who shouldn't be doing flips are doing flips. This is specifically brought up after that Surfer Dan dude almost killed himself at NPWD. Same thing with Lucifer Darksyde from PWS. Hes 482 pounds doing moonsaults, he almost killed Rich Swainn at the last show i was at cause all that weight came down on his head.

I hate when people who shouldn't be doing flips are doing flips. This is specifically brought up after that Surfer Dan dude almost killed himself at NPWD. Same thing with Lucifer Darksyde from PWS. Hes 482 pounds doing moonsaults, he almost killed Rich Swainn at the last show i was at cause all that weight came down on his head.

Yeah it's a bit crazy. I got put out of wrestling due to a concussion from a bigger guy doing a springboard flipping senton to the outside on me. Sandwiched my head between the ground and his butt. He even wasn't 300lbs though.

We have a guy around here that is 450lbs I think, and he does moonsaults and swantons. I've taken his swanton and it's pretty gnarly, but I don't wanna be on the recieving end of the moonsault. Just a knee or anything could do serious damage with all that weight crashing down from that high.

Is there a vid of Darksyde vs Swann? Wait, Rich Swann or Swainn? Is it the smaller black guy?

The super kick is really overused in the Indies (I'm looking at you, Young Bucks :shift: ). It usually isn't even used for a finisher, or even to set one up.

Lmao I'm pretty sure I have yet to see a Tag Team match for PWG without a superkick

I also feel Hurrincanrana's if not done quickly are really ugly rather than there cousin Frakensteiner which are always beautifully done

Archived