The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The beginning looks like familiar territory (person wakes up a lone in a world of chaos thanks to some kind of infection)...

...BUT once the montage started, it caught my interest (The Walker Brothers version of The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine (Anymore) was a very nice touch), so I'll probably check out the first few episodes.

• 3 weeks later...

The first episode was great. It definitely follows the comic very closely...but it has enough subtle differences to make it fresh. Not that I would care if it was completely identical...because it's THAT awesome. Also glad to see that the episodes are actually an hour and a half instead instead of just one hour. Unless that was just for the premiere.

Wow. Amazing. Really enjoyed the pilot! Very intense... I was sad when the horse died :(:lol:

I think it's funny that they say it was a 90 minute premiere, but when I watched it online it was only 66 minutes long. But I guess "90 minute season premiere, but 24 minutes of that is adverts..." doesn't sound too good. Anyway, I really loved it. I'll keep watching to see where it goes for sure.

Wow. Amazing. Really enjoyed the pilot! Very intense... I was sad when the horse died :(:lol:

I know what you mean. When the horse died I was like "He just got that horse :(".

I know what you mean. When the horse died I was like "He just got that horse :(".

LMAO! Yeah :/ and he told him there would be other horses where they were going. So sad. R.I.P. horse!

I'll need to watch it online. I don't think we get that channel over here :/

I read that FX will be showing it over here.

Yeah they will but they're showing it on Fridays at 10... I most likely won't be in to see watch it :/ I don't mind watching it online :)

I'm a huge fan of the Romero flicks, so, my interest in this was piqued. The Walking Dead was a good premiere in my opinion. It seems like it'll be a tough series to pull off though, especially with all the comic book fanatics of this series on-looking. I hope it lasts though, seeing as good shows usually get cancelled straightaway while the crappy shows get 10 seasons.

AMC is getting a little balls-ier though. Not quite FX yet, but, in time, maybe. Some of the first zombie interactions were awesome, even for AMC. Let's just hope TWD is closer to Breaking Bad and less like that pansy-ass Mad Men.

Decent pilot episode. Was cool, but didn't really break any new ground. Buuuut... that is the beauty of this being a series and not just a 2 hour movie. If it was just another movie, then the "familiar territory" setup that Paperthinwalls mentioned would've taken up like half the film... but now that they established the setting and main characters and got all that good stuff out of the way, they can move the series away from totally predictable territory. Looking forward to this one.

Archived