New Saw movie "Jigsaw" set for October 27, 2017

Mentioning Jurassic Park, if they'd followed the Michael Crichton novel, that would definitely have been a horror movie. I'd love to see someone go back and reboot it in a few years, and be more faithful to the book.

Nedry's death in the novel is one of the most graphic things I've ever read, and I can still remember it almost word for word.

Anyway, back on point, I hope Jigsaw isn't going to become some supernatural undead entity, the premise of the Saw franchise hinged on the fact that John Kramer was just a normal man who lost his mind and decided to become judge and jury to those he deemed had wasted their lives following his wife's miscarriage and his diagnosis with terminal cancer. If anything "Jigsaw" becomes more terrifying because of the realism, he's not just a monster or zombie or something fantastic. There could be a John Kramer type person in real life. That's not really something you can get with Freddy or Jason.

That's also another reason why Dr Hannibal Lecter works so well. He's utterly believable.

We're talking Jurassic World not Park. Jurassic Park was a damn near perfect movie and an all time classic.

Mentioning Jurassic Park, if they'd followed the Michael Crichton novel, that would definitely have been a horror movie. I'd love to see someone go back and reboot it in a few years, and be more faithful to the book.

Nedry's death in the novel is one of the most graphic things I've ever read, and I can still remember it almost word for word.

Anyway, back on point, I hope Jigsaw isn't going to become some supernatural undead entity, the premise of the Saw franchise hinged on the fact that John Kramer was just a normal man who lost his mind and decided to become judge and jury to those he deemed had wasted their lives following his wife's miscarriage and his diagnosis with terminal cancer. If anything "Jigsaw" becomes more terrifying because of the realism, he's not just a monster or zombie or something fantastic. There could be a John Kramer type person in real life. That's not really something you can get with Freddy or Jason.

That's also another reason why Dr Hannibal Lecter works so well. He's utterly believable.

We're talking Jurassic World not Park. Jurassic Park was a damn near perfect movie and an all time classic.

Not saying it wasn't, but there's so much more in the novel which couldn't be done - plus the list of survivors in the book is completely different. Muldoon survives for a start. There's definitely enough in there to make another in 10 or 15 years time.

World was terrible, it was just a by the numbers effort with an unlikable cast (Aside from Chris Pratt, he was pretty good) Militarizing Raptors? Wow.

Well you've spoiled three deaths I guess I don't need to read it now.

Sorry (two). And Nedry was always going to die.

• 4 weeks later...

My friend is extremely pumped for this movie, in can't wait either. Don't care what most say, I enjoy these movies. Only thing I really hate that's Saw and that's the first Saw game, just that one puzzle toward the end :lol: Wonder if they will make more after these since the trailer says he is Back to take back Halloween

So is this a prequel? I'm sure they have all of Jigsaw's backstory, no?

So is this a prequel? I'm sure they have all of Jigsaw's backstory, no?

It's set 10 years after Jigsaw's death.

Well yeah, the whole arc of the original seven movies were the backstory of how John Kramer became "Jigsaw". I'm interested to see how this gets picked up, is this going to be a legacy of Kramer's games - perhaps with

Dr Gordon

assuming the mantle as was hinted at in the final movie - or is it going to be someone "inspired" by the Jigsaw killer?

Either way, Tobin Bell is such a hard act to follow, that I hope the new villain is up to the mark.

Probably be a copycat killer.

Yeah, that's what concerns me, John Kramer was such a compelling and believable character who was driven to the conclusion that his games made people value their lives more - everyone had a chance. Which is why

Amanda and Hoffman

failed their tests as apprentices.

The copycat needs to have a believable reason to be captivated and to be drawn to his work - otherwise it's really just a slasher flick - and the original films (arguably less and less so) tried to explore the characters.

I legit love the entire franchise. Only one I didn't enjoy at all was part 5.

I liked V because it told Hoffman's backstory - I also thought that the trap for the group was pretty clever as well - and the ending was superb.

I legit love the entire franchise. Only one I didn't enjoy at all was part 5.

I liked V because it told Hoffman's backstory - I also thought that the trap for the group was pretty clever as well - and the ending was superb.

Not a fan of Hoffman so that might explain it. Found him boring.

• 3 months later...

So disappointed.

I mean, what were you expecting? Haha. In my opinion, every film in this series is terrible, aside from the first one (which I still don't think is all that great, but it was a neat concept).

Interestingly, I noticed that this has an audience approval rating of 94% on RottenTomatoes. I wonder why? That's a crazy contrast from the critical reception.

• 3 months later...

Archived