Attention Hackers of the WWE 12 Community

PipebombPunk

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you see your post deleted, do not make it again. If you don't understand why it was deleted, please PM me or another mod.

As far as this goes, I see why they're doing it (xbox TOC) BUT I think it's stupid to wait this long. When hundreds and maybe thousands of rendered and textured caws are on there.

It doesn't actually violate any XBL Terms of Use anyway, hence why THQ say 'potentially'. The closest suitable rule would be:

"Exploit a bug, or make an unauthorized modification, to any software or data to gain unfair advantage in a game, contest, or promotion."

This still isn't 100% applicable as you are not gaining an advantage in the game with a more aesthetically pleasing character. If it were moveset / gameplay hacks however, that would violate the terms.

All in all, I wouldn't worry about this. To me, it seems like they are more interested in removing hacked movesets, invisible caws etc than those that come with renders and textures. They have even praised the impact of the caws on the community, they would definitely face a backlash if they removed the popular content as they have jumped at the chance before to promote certain caws on their site, twitter and Facebook.

2dw5a3q.png

I'm kinda worried , but I hope somehow I'm not included on the potential ban list. I mean, I'm not the greatest, but honestly I made decent CAWs with renders than those who upload shitty CAWs with shitty renders.

Oh well.

Yeah I knew you d stick your nose in. I dont know why they bother calling this a discussion board if people are going to censor people.

Their isnt a chance in hell of THQ banning people for uploading renders because it doesnt violate jack!

It does indeed violate the rules as it's a modifictaion of the game or more like it's data. However, this should be only suitable for a Xbox Live ban as it's against the Live Terms of Use. I sure hope it doesn't happen though, the hacks that improve the game like renders, skintones etc. should be removed at the highest anything.

I just love the irony of the RAWFShowtime Moderator on the THQ forums, as a few months ago he was totally SHITTING on CAWs.ws for not allowing 'hacking' tool talk. And now, he has to enforce the exact same rule. Hahaha.

Sucks if they don't allow you guys to texture/stick renders on, but I did see it coming a while back. Contrary to belief I do actually use em personally.

If they go after the textured caws and renders then that's just crappy. The CAW mode is somewhat limited as it is so this is a pretty big blow to CAW makers.

I guess the moveset hackers and invisible people had to ruin it.

You would have thought if they cared so much about hacked content they would have A. done something way sooner about it and B. not made their game so easily crackable so that so many people could do it. Kinda seems like they are punishing us for something stupid they did in the first place. Oh well.

It does indeed violate the rules as it's a modifictaion of the game or more like it's data. However, this should be only suitable for a Xbox Live ban as it's against the Live Terms of Use. I sure hope it doesn't happen though, the hacks that improve the game like renders, skintones etc. should be removed at the highest anything.

It isn't. I've read through the terms of use for XBL numerous times before and the only point that address modifying game data doesn't apply to this scenario. If it just stated "Exploit a bug, or make an unauthorized modification, to any software or data" then that would have meant texturing / render adding was breaking the terms of use. However, they don't say that. Instead, they add a clause on the end of this stating "Exploit a bug, or make an unauthorized modification, to any software or data to gain unfair advantage in a game, contest, or promotion." thus nullifying the threat of being banned from XBL as textures and renders do not affect the game play in anyway and doesn't give you an advantage / disadvantage when playing online. Whether they choose to ban people from their own servers, like EA, is up to them but I can't see that happening with legit caw makers to be perfectly honest. I just hope that those who upload hacked movesets, cheap invisible caws and such get the boot.

It doesn't actually violate any XBL Terms of Use anyway, hence why THQ say 'potentially'. The closest suitable rule would be:

"Exploit a bug, or make an unauthorized modification, to any software or data to gain unfair advantage in a game, contest, or promotion."

This still isn't 100% applicable as you are not gaining an advantage in the game with a more aesthetically pleasing character. If it were moveset / gameplay hacks however, that would violate the terms.

All in all, I wouldn't worry about this. To me, it seems like they are more interested in removing hacked movesets, invisible caws etc than those that come with renders and textures. They have even praised the impact of the caws on the community, they would definitely face a backlash if they removed the popular content as they have jumped at the chance before to promote certain caws on their site, twitter and Facebook.

2dw5a3q.png

As much as I hate to burts this bubble, hacking a CAW in general, be it the moveset or the appearance in any way is in fact an "unauthorized modification". You're modifying content using means other than what the game provides to you...so even if it is in good intention, it's still a TOS violation.

This being done however does in fact make THQ a little contradictory, as they have promoted such content on their sites in the past, but they don;t want for the community to actively discuss it. Add to that now the fact that they intend to police it in some way or another, and there's no way that they can't come off as being hypocrites.

In the end though, it's their IP...so they can do whatever they want and we really can't do anything about it. You waive any right to resist this the moment you accept the EULA when you first log in to do anything online. It's there for a reason.

2dw5a3q.png

As much as I hate to burts this bubble, hacking a CAW in general, be it the moveset or the appearance in any way is in fact an "unauthorized modification". You're modifying content using means other than what the game provides to you...so even if it is in good intention, it's still a TOS violation.

This being done however does in fact make THQ a little contradictory, as they have promoted such content on their sites in the past, but they don;t want for the community to actively discuss it. Add to that now the fact that they intend to police it in some way or another, and there's no way that they can't come off as being hypocrites.

In the end though, it's their IP...so they can do whatever they want and we really can't do anything about it. You waive any right to resist this the moment you accept the EULA when you first log in to do anything online. It's there for a reason.

According the Petchy, the ToS goes like this, "Exploit a bug, or make an unauthorized modification, to any software or data to gain unfair advantage in a game, contest, or promotion."

A texture isn't an unfair advantage for the game, contests or promotions so it doesn't violate the ToS from what I'm understanding.

It isn't. I've read through the terms of use for XBL numerous times before and the only point that address modifying game data doesn't apply to this scenario. If it just stated "Exploit a bug, or make an unauthorized modification, to any software or data" then that would have meant texturing / render adding was breaking the terms of use. However, they don't say that. Instead, they add a clause on the end of this stating "Exploit a bug, or make an unauthorized modification, to any software or data to gain unfair advantage in a game, contest, or promotion." thus nullifying the threat of being banned from XBL as textures and renders do not affect the game play in anyway and doesn't give you an advantage / disadvantage when playing online. Whether they choose to ban people from their own servers, like EA, is up to them but I can't see that happening with legit caw makers to be perfectly honest. I just hope that those who upload hacked movesets, cheap invisible caws and such get the boot.

Trust me Petchy I had this before and was able to say goodbye to my account even though it was just appearence. If THQ decides to work with the Xbox Live banning we're screwed.

Good god THQ you just can't get it through your fat heads can you?

You SHOULD be worrying about ensuring that WWE 13 is good enough to pull back everyone to play, or fixing the servers that haven't worked since day one. NOT (N-O-T) trying to limit caws further.

This is the exact friggin same as removing the blur glitch, you keep focusing on taking away from the communities ability to add to the game and make it better rather than fixing it!

Archived