Final Fantasy Series

Lunchbox

step out of the second tomb, and get attacked by a level 35 coerl. I'm level 10. The *Censored*!?

Same shit happened to me. I was a higher level than that...like a 17 or something, maybe...but I still had to run for my life.

Driving simulator 2016

Tbh, the driving is a really small part of the game, IMO. Yeah...you need the car to go from place to place...you need to refuel it and all that jazz...but quick travel for 10 Gil is the most logical way to go most of the time...so that takes most of the tedium out of the car aspect of things. And what's left when you remove that tedium is something that feels like an actual roadtrip...which I genuinely appreciate.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok SERIOUSLY, what the *censored*ing *Censored* is with these super goddamn enemies!? they're starting to take the fun out of the game for me for christs sake.

Just run away from them. That's what I always do. It's usually pretty easy to get away from most enemies. - I like them being around...it shows you things that you should come back and try to kill later, which I dig. Witcher 3 did the same thing, which is why I mentioned this game being like Witcher before. It goes along with the open world atmosphere of doing whatever you want whenever you want...if I see a level 50 monster, I'm definitely coming back later to kill that sumbitch.

ok SERIOUSLY, what the *censored*ing *Censored* is with these super goddamn enemies!? they're starting to take the fun out of the game for me for christs sake.

Just run away from them. That's what I always do. It's usually pretty easy to get away from most enemies. - I like them being around...it shows you things that you should come back and try to kill later, which I dig. Witcher 3 did the same thing, which is why I mentioned this game being like Witcher before. It goes along with the open world atmosphere of doing whatever you want whenever you want...if I see a level 50 monster, I'm definitely coming back later to kill that sumbitch.

I got these two near unkillable mindflayers guarding a door I gotta get through and the camera is only making things worse. I'm gonna stop playing soon and go kill a couple *censored*s in Dishonored 2 to blow off some steam.

I was doing the "Sword behind the Waterfall" bit, and I had to exit the cave and go do other stuff...but I didn't really mind it. I got really far in...almost to the place where the objective was, but I encountered too much resistance and had to hightail it. Didn't even mind, tbh...because there's so much other stuff to do. I'll come back after I've gained another 5 or 10 levels.

Got fed up, went a lil mad, and combined all my spells at 99 plus a beetle carapace to get quad cast in to one super death spell. Spammed the *Censored* out of it, allies in the way be damned. Mindflayers got royally *censored*ed up, and I am holding in the urge to give an evil laugh.

EXP it got me shot me up like 5 levels though.

Finding that this game likes to randomly spam different enemies all at once, in the same place also. Like...I'll encounter one group of lower level enemies, start to fight them...then some random higher level enemies will show up...then the imperial soldiers will show up...and I'll literally be fighting 20 enemies at all different levels. Shit is madness.

That same cat guy showed up for me at the same time. Scripted I suppose. I was level 13. It's more realistic that they're there but it's still ridic lol. I got bored tbh. A 5000 year loading screen (last gen Skyrim length *censored*ing hell) and then a 5000 year long car trip. Booooooring

Plus day is too short and since I'll get analed by level 50s if I try to walk out there at night it's :/

So far I prefer 13 and Type 0

Finding that this game likes to randomly spam different enemies all at once, in the same place also. Like...I'll encounter one group of lower level enemies, start to fight them...then some random higher level enemies will show up...then the imperial soldiers will show up...and I'll literally be fighting 20 enemies at all different levels. Shit is madness.

I was looking for an item for Dino and before I found it the same 10+ soilders spawned from an airship three times. Was annoying and took all my potions. Gave like 5 levels tho I feel over levelled now

The whole day and night thing doesn't really matter as much as they stress, IMO. You can usually just run away if you encounter something too crazy, and if Ignus refuses to drive, you can always do it yourself. Other than that, just camping and starting a fresh day before starting quests isn't that big of a deal.

Yeah, the difference between day and night is minimal. There is nothing to worry about when night falls. Just compare an enemy's level to your own as well as it's weaknesses. If it looks like it'll be to tough, run away. That's even easier when you have a Chocobo. At a certain point, Ignis will be satisfied with Noctis's strength and be happy driving at night which allows you to fast travel any time of the day. Also, I'd recommend not camping at all for a week or so and just doing a shit load of side quests until you have a decent pool of EXP to turn in and double it at Galdin Quay.

Speaking of camping, that's my one glaring complaint about the game...I wish you would level up automatically instead of the end of the day. Seems like a really strange choice of mechanic to me. Also, speaking of things that you should do early in the game...some of the ascension nodes fit on that list. The ones that give you AP for fishing, driving around, etc. It's only one or two AP per thing...but it adds up. Better to get as much AP as possible than to miss the opportunity.

On the combat...I have about 27 hours in the game, and I'm still learning things that I didn't realize I could do before...like the skills. I'm not sure how to actually level those up. I guess just by using them in battle...but I don't know.

Anyway, one thing I'm not digging about this game, is how your health depletes through the course of long dungeons, and you can't restore it back to full without camping somewhere. I mean...if I have potions, I don't get why I'm not allowed to use them out of battle. Some of these dungeons are way too long with way too many enemies, and I'll reach the level boss with like a centimeter of health left, and no way to restore it. And I don't care for the magic system either...I mean, it makes it more realistic, that people need to harness the elements into grenades or whatever those are...but it really takes away the mystique of the game to an extent.

Archived