Final Fantasy Series

Lunchbox

So I just started this, and I definitely hate Cindy and Ignis, albeit the latter grows on me a little. Cindy is just such a shitty character. This thirsty as *Censored* outfit, the awful accent... ugh. Awful. Ignis is too stereotypically the stoic british noble guy, but his dumb sense of humor and all kinda grew on me in the last couple of minutes.

The world is awesome though. Looks and feels great. And I kinda actually like stuff like having to camp and cook and refuel your tank.

You know I take it all back, Cindy and Ignis are angels compared to Dino. What the *Censored* is that shit? Why is a stylish, JRPG-looking jewlery dude talking in the worst New Jersey accent?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 13 holy shit what a mess. In my 20+ years of video games that was a serious low point. I suggest anyone who hasn't beaten it yet to wait for the patch.

When is it even coming? I haven't actually played it yet an have just seen my brother on it now and then and I saw most of 13, the game throwing a billion over levelled dudes at you lmao. I'll probably play it myself soon (free piggy backing off his copy heheheheh) but I cba with all the hate I've seen on post game

Plus it seems boring anyway but I may as well try for myself at some point

Chapter 13 holy shit what a mess. In my 20+ years of video games that was a serious low point. I suggest anyone who hasn't beaten it yet to wait for the patch.

When is it even coming? I haven't actually played it yet an have just seen my brother on it now and then and I saw most of 13, the game throwing a billion over levelled dudes at you lmao. I'll probably play it myself soon (free piggy backing off his copy heheheheh) but I cba with all the hate I've seen on post game

Plus it seems boring anyway but I may as well try for myself at some point

No idea when the patch comes out, hopefully soon though.

But jesus this game is ugh.. had so much potential the story is incoherent; obvious most of the content was cut. 90% of the big moments in the game were done off screen. The combat was fun as *Censored* though and although the summons were very rare.. some of the coolest moments in FF history.

Finding it oddly entertaining that my younger brother (a HUGE fan of the FF franchise) has pretty much soured on this game in what seems like less than two weeks time.

So I bought him a copy of Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition for Christmas (only $29) to hopefully make up for the current emptiness in his Final Fantasy world...

It's not 15 but I'd recommend Type 0 HD. It came out a year ago and 99% of the stuff is the same as 15 (gameplay wise obviously) as they used Type 0 as the base for 15. It's also a really easy 1000G

If you enjoyed 15 you'll enjoy Type 0 HD

Although there's no cars lmao

I'm actually enjoying XV more than I thought I would. At first, I was really pissed off about it not being turn-based. But I'm kind of past the point of caring. I intended to install the game and maybe play for 20 minutes...but I ended up playing for about three hours. Definitely an addicting game.

Is the online fun for this? you can explore the city and stuff?

It's a single player RPG

There's no online

Although there's an "online co-op" coming later as DLC

How would an online mode in an RPG even work? expect for fighting each other that is but if that was the case you'd just be fighting the same 4 people every time lmao. This isn't Pokemon where you have 802 choices to use

I'm assuming this onilne Co-Op will probably be to do a few missions together or something or maybe you can do the story where you choose which of the four to use etc but will be limited vs the single player

Anyway yeah I agree. I play 99% of the time offline, so I love offline games. Although funnily enough i'd say if it's weird if a game doesn't come with an online mode... but it makes sense in a RPG to not have it since other than battling each other there's not really anything for an online mode to do. Trade items maybe?

How would an online mode in an RPG even work? expect for fighting each other that is but if that was the case you'd just be fighting the same 4 people every time lmao. This isn't Pokemon where you have 802 choices to use.

Well...in the case of FFXV, I'm guessing your friends could choose to play as the other three characters...and you could pal around in the open world and fight monsters and do quests together...which is a novel idea, but not really necessary at all.

Only way I can see it working tbh

anyway I actually got round to starting it, pretty fun. Till I was running to a quest and three level 31 tall mother *censored*ers rape my anus cuz it was night time or something, what the shit I was level 3

You can run away from fights very easily if you don't honk the enemy's level is too high.

Yeah I ran away from them (After using the two phoenix downs and a bunch of potions cuz those *censored*ers were chasing me) but it was still pretty BS that I'd walked all the way to the first side quest then some giant mother *censored*ers were like "sup bitch"

Good job the game doesn't kill you when you drop to 0 HP (which is BS in my opinion) I didn't realise the game didn't auto save and this happened like 3 hours after I'd started

Bought the game tonight and after putting the game disc in and installing it, I go to the main menu only to see an install time remaining counter. the hell?

Are you on Xbox? "Ready to play" doesn't mean it's finished just that it'll let you do a demo version till you get to 100% downloaded

Bought the game tonight and after putting the game disc in and installing it, I go to the main menu only to see an install time remaining counter. the hell?

Are you on Xbox? "Ready to play" doesn't mean it's finished just that it'll let you do a demo version till you get to 100% downloaded

Nope, its working now anyway but that was still rather silly.

Okay wow, just got to the car pushing and jesus this game is gorgeous.

I enjoy this being open world and letting you do whatever you want in terms of quest order. Definitely eliminates getting to parts that are impossible to beat. You can just go do some other random shit instead. Oh...and @ Muur: I just encountered a giant *censored*ing cobra. I shat myself. My characters are levels 19 and 20. I think this thing was level 54 or something. I just noped out of there. It was so lifelike and realistic in its movements that I wasn't having that shit.

Anyway, this game is basically Kingdom Hearts (combat) + Witcher 3 (quests) + FF lore and charm.

I'm loving this game, but..

step out of the second tomb, and get attacked by a level 35 coerl. I'm level 10. The *Censored*!?

I'm really impressed with Noctis though. I expected your average angsty emo JRPG protag and he certainly looks like it, but in terms of personality he's actually quite normal.

Archived