Final Fantasy Series

Lunchbox

You're about a chapter away from losing all access (expect for being able to time travel back into the open world to carry on your side quests) and you'll have like 6 chapters of linear stuff till the end

and it doesn't matter if it's in a different part of the world it's still "go get me this item" "go kill this guy" and when you're just fast travelling or driving there it doesn't matter anyway. You could walk there I guess? but *Censored* that when it's just a fetch/kill quest. It's fun the first few times but once you're up to you're 10th in a row of "get this bitch" and your side quest backlog is 15 more fetch/kill it's "*Censored* that shit"

I guess it would be better if each side quest didn't take 500 times longer than needed to to loading and driving times since I just wait for the both to finish till I finally get control back and yay it's 20 mins later and I stopped giving a shit

and I'm just going to warn you about chapter 13...

you can't run (so with Noct walking slow as *Censored* it's aids), have no weapons, you're on your own (till the last part anyway), it takes two+ hours, most of the areas looks the same as it's one big warehouse or whatever, the enemies repeat, one of them is unkillable and will chase you for like 20 minutes and the boss fight at the end is a 30 min plus one (Which is fine if it wasn't just after this chapter), after fighting it you're chased again by more guys (I nearly *censored*ing died meaning I would've had to replay. There's like 200 of the *censored*s running round tyring to kill you after you just did the boss and didnt save) 90% of the level you're not allowed to save so have to find a few safe rooms (*Censored* you if you wanna come off, see you in an hour for the next safe room bitch) and it's filled with jumpscares too. Come in with little items and your'e *censored*ed, I used most of my 99 elixers

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A.) You can auto travel with the car...you don't need to drive manually the whole time...fast travel gets you where you need to go pretty quickly. So...yeah, 20 minutes is an exaggeration for sidequests. More like, auto travel -> complete objective -> auto travel back to task giver -> done in 5 minutes. B.) I haven't got to the part you put in spoilers yet...and it very well might be a challenge and/or an annoying pain the ass...I'm not saying it isn't. BUT...you also asked what the point of potions was before...so I have to question whether normal people are going to be needing "most of 99 elixers"...have you been using the armiger? Because the armiger definitely helps in battle...

Only if you've been to that location before and even if you do auto travel it's a ten minute loading screen, walk for two mins, get item then another ten mins loading screen. Yay!

and you're going to need 99 elixirs in chapter 13 (Unless you wanna spend 5 mins chilling in a hall to recover each time). The chapter is awful and is being patched for a reason... although I'd actually prefer it not to, I'd rather everyone who plays it see how *censored*ing terrible it is and what their original level of shit was. Although you might not need to worry about HP if you're at level 80, I did it one level below the recommended (37-40)

and I do occasionally use that Armiger thing but it barely has any effect at all really and it's not usable in chapter 13 anyway. Losing all your weapons also makes you lose the ability to run or warp which is pretty retarded

If I could just run in it it wouldn't have been half as bad but instead you're just slowly going through, or spamming roll 487548758457845 times cuz the walking is so god damn slow

Literally doing the part you're talking about right now...seems fine to me.

The ring makes it very easy to kill anything in your way, IMO. And you get the "Sword of the Father" eventually too. Unless this gets much, much, much more difficult out of the blue for some reason, I can't see what you're complaining about. But I'll wait and see about this boss battle...Also, you can still run by holding B or the right trigger...you just sneak by default...

It's not running it's jogging and is still painfully slow and you're still stuck in endless hallways for three hours doing *Censored* all (and you're over levelled, so any difficulty is gone for you)

Anyway it's not really the combat that's hard... (although the boss at the end was) they give you a ring that one shots all enemies (although you gotta recharge it, so yay stand in a hall for 5 mins or use one of the elixers so that you can kill some more guys), it's everything else in there. It's one of the worst levels in the history of gaming and it's being patched for a reason

"Over-leveled"? Lol...

I'm level 50...because I played the game the way that I was supposed to...actually did sidequests, leveled up, etc. :lol: It's not like I'm level 99 or something. Pretty sure level 50 is about where you should be for this...

Chapter 13 is level 35-40 (check the mission logs)

I was level 36-39 by going through it

so you were 15 levels above by the time of starting the mission

Side quests are that - side quests. They are not relevant to the main plot and are a distraction. I did maybe 20? the exp you get from the main missions should be enough to be the recommend level, doing anything otherwise means you'll be like you were - 15 levels over what you're 'supposed' to be leading to no challenge.

i'm going to include this however it is a video of the end of chapter 13, so anyone else beware. Although it's just me running away after the final boss of chapter 13 (you have to run) in which it didn't save after the boss fight and like 20 level 35+ monsters are chasing and attacking you. I was one attack away (you're not even allowed to heal) from being killed and having to redo the boss battle cuz "*Censored* you lol". Gen at level 50 would've had a nice brisk stroll away from them all laughing as they don't hurt him. There's also a timer cuz everyone loves those

I think I was level 68 during chapter 13. Simply because I enjoy all aspects of the open world and it's an open world for a reason. The game is designed for the player to explore and do side quests and hunts. I've found 12 of the 13 Royal Arms and most of them are found doing side quests. I've upgraded the car as far as possible. I've upgraded all weapons except for the Circular Saw. I've got my Chocobo to max level. I just think you're missing out on a lot of what the game has to offer by just following the main quest. Hell, I even enjoy the fishing now I'm going for bigger fish.

The running part wasn't hard either...that doesn't even matter what level you are...you literally just need to run. Lol.

I do hate games that are just over when the story is over though...hate only being able to return to the main world via Umbra. That's bullshit, IMO...

Anyway, just got my certificate of completion. Probably gonna do a "New Game +" just to get the last achievements I need.

Also really dig that the menu screen changes after you complete the game. Nice touch.

You can just reload your save and then you're back before the boss. Then just use that power to go back to the open world. Then post game has more quests to do or the ones you left out. Then you could seem then as post game content rather than side quests.

I don't understand what happened in the final boss fight. I was on full HP then got suddenly one shot and it counted as a game over even though I had a full danger bar, the *Censored*

Also the second to last boss should've been the final one tbh

I don't understand what happened in the final boss fight. I was on full HP then got suddenly one shot and it counted as a game over even though I had a full danger bar, the *Censored*

Also the second to last boss should've been the final one tbh

Are you talking about the part of the battle when you go all Super Sayan/Matrix Revolutions? Yeah...same thing happened to me. The first time, I died and had to do it over. The second time, it dawned on me to try using a Phoenix Down...which I didn't know you could actually use on yourself (you can).

Also, I agree about Ifrit being the final battle. Fighting Ardyn after that was just annoying.

Yeah, it happened right near the end of that I was like wtf!?, seems it happened to others too so I guess it's a scripted "*Censored* you lol"

Also, there are certain items that prevent instant death...I don't know if those would keep that from happening either. But, yeah...the answer is Phoenix Down. I actually know a lot more about how this game plays now that I beat it than I did when I was playing it. Lol. Maybe that's what they wanted...so you play it a second time. :lol:

I didn't get randomly one shot a second time, which is weird maybe I avoided his one hit KO the second time. I had no phoenix downs left from earlier fights so I would've been *censored*ed lol.

what pic did you choose at the end? I Went with one with Iris and Noct on the bed ;). Bit awks when they show Luna and Noct enjoying the pic

what pic did you choose at the end?

I just chose the generic one with the four characters...with the disc (I think that was the name of that thing) in the background. It was one of the pics from the start of the journey, and it just seemed like it would fit whatever purpose they wanted you to choose a picture for...which turned out to be true.

Speaking of the ending...let's be clear about this...Noct is dead, yeah? Him and Luna didn't miraculously come back to life, right? They're both dead...and that is some sort of celebration in the afterlife or some such thing? And what was up with the camping scene mid credits? That was before the final boss fight? When he was getting ready to sacrifice his life? Very vague story elements at play in this game...I can't decide if the camping scene mid-credits is supposed to be after the coronation (he is clean shaven there)...just confusing. Hopefully explained in DLC. If it was before the final battle and his death, then he would have had a beard...but he doesn't...so...

what pic did you choose at the end?

I just chose the generic one with the four characters...with the disc (I think that was the name of that thing) in the background. It was one of the pics from the start of the journey, and it just seemed like it would fit whatever purpose they wanted you to choose a picture for...which turned out to be true.

Speaking of the ending...let's be clear about this...Noct is dead, yeah? Him and Luna didn't miraculously come back to life, right? They're both dead...and that is some sort of celebration in the afterlife or some such thing? And what was up with the camping scene mid credits? That was before the final boss fight? When he was getting ready to sacrifice his life? Very vague story elements at play in this game...I can't decide if the camping scene mid-credits is supposed to be after the coronation (he is clean shaven there)...just confusing. Hopefully explained in DLC. If it was before the final battle and his death, then he would have had a beard...but he doesn't...so...

they're dead. noct killed himself to purge all the demons from the world. apparently it was ifrit who brought them (which is why he should've been the final boss tbh) and noct killing himself purged the world of the rest of them so there'll never be a demon in this world ever again

the camp was probably just noct in heaven with made up versions of his friends

anyway 90% of the story doesn't even make sense, at no point do that explain that Ardyn is like 1000 years old, is the 'first ever king' and wants revenge for being banished by one of the other kings so goes after Noct

So...I thought he was clean shaven in the camp scene, but I was wrong...which is where my confusion comes from. He's just clean shaven when he's on the throne at the end. Makes more sense now. Had that backwards. My bad. I played the game for 9 hours straight last night, and got finished at around 2am...so I was hazy on the details. :lol:

Anyway...who becomes the actual goddamn king now? In the real world?

Again, excuse the loss of quality from streaming to PC (kind of interesting to compare though):

29c4co9.jpg

Another random note about the last chapter of the game (or second to last, maybe)...

I like how when you're driving with Talcott, if you change the view to the inside of the truck, you see all of the cactuar models that you gave him. Shit actually made me emotional for some reason. Nice easter egg. :lol:

Starting second play through...LET'S DO THIS!

One thing I will say is that i'm kind of disappointed we never got to see Nomuras original vision for the game. You know, the whole mafia thing. I think that'd have been a cool dynamic. I am enjoying the hell out of the game though.

The camping scene at the end is a flashback to their last night together before going back to Insomnia to defeat Ardyn. I think in that moment, they all know they have to die to purge Ardyn. Ifrit wasn't behind the Daemons coming back. It was Ardyn and the Empire. Ifrit just sided with Ardyn.

D3B2DAE9-A97D-4666-A473-15A9D247C335_zps

The size of this bastard was just ridiculous and the fight lasted the best part of an hour.

2933EA9A-1597-46F9-BF8D-AE8288BF65FB_zps

Yay! Got the Platinum.

28F6D390-53FD-4100-9D69-02AE988DA6AE_zps

Archived