Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: EVERYONE is here!

God of Lightning

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most I have spent on an amiibo is about $23 including shipping. It's easy to do but you gotta have a Tenso account for it or get lucky on your local country's Amazon. Tenso is a forwarding service in Japan that allows you to bring Japanese merchandise to yourself. It's not bad either for shipping costs and they have different types of shipping you can choose.

I wouldn't buy any over retail price but then again I give far less of a shit than most other people into these do. I may get Pac-Man of Pikachu but after that I'm done. I'm pretty content with the the three I have now. Kirby more than the other two cause he's a *censored*ing beast.

HOLY SHIT THIS IS HUGE! HOLY SHIT!

MY BOY IS BACK.

But seriously, whoever leaked this is a dick, though.

Yup, hopefully it teaches companys to not put info in a game early because people will look through the data.

On a side note I may bump Duck Hunt out of rotation and learn Ryu for my third main.

I wanna see how Ryu plays. If Roy is similar to how he played in Melee I'll add him as another secondary character. I hope he isn't just another clone, but I'm fine with it because I enjoy Roy.

People are adding sound files on YouTube. Ryu's VA is English and not Japanese, and they remixed Ryu's theme for Sm4sh along with including the classic version of his and Ken's theme.

There's also a Ken and female Inkling trophy as well as Zero(MMX), Megaman EXE, Heihachi, Isabelle(Animal Crossing), and some Virtua Fighter Mii costumes. Was really hoping for a Chun-Li costume especially since you can make a pretty decent Chun with her Ryu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cybAa4_t7Sc

I love the DLC here, but it kills me for Fighting Games. At this point if you play competitive, you already have your mains and the meta has progressed quite a bit since launch. Now to pick up a whole new character that will have new movement styles and such will be a mess and put you a bit back. Might play as Ryu for the hell of it, but I'll be surprised if he tops lists as a tourney winning main

I love the DLC here, but it kills me for Fighting Games. At this point if you play competitive, you already have your mains and the meta has progressed quite a bit since launch. Now to pick up a whole new character that will have new movement styles and such will be a mess and put you a bit back. Might play as Ryu for the hell of it, but I'll be surprised if he tops lists as a tourney winning main

Meh, plenty of DLC characters in fighting games have gone on to win major tournaments (Martian Manhunter and Batgirl in Injustice immediately come to mind, and Tanya now in MKX). It's not really much different than patches suddenly nerfing your main an making you pick up a new one.

I remember something about the blazblue top 16 at EVO last year being half Kokonoe. Granted none of them won and or even made it to the top 8, but still. If anything, I think DLC characters are probably more at an advantage than disadvantage because not everyone is gonna have or play them which makes things easier for the ones that do.

Yeah. One of the leakers was streaming gameplay of Ryu and he has 2 different final Smashes. He also has SF-like combo inputs that give him new/additional moves to his arsenal, as well as modify his B specials for damage and knockback. That's a first for Smash ever.

Roy's neutral B isn't a shield breaker, and you can control the input for his up B recovery, but it affects the height of it. His smashes are a tad different too, and hell of a lot powerful and have better end frames than Marth's/Lucina's, imo. Not sure about his air moves, but I heard they might be similar. ZeRo has been saying some stuff about Roy's moveset on his Twitter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/39pun6/all_info_compiled_regarding_ryu_and_roy_hype_train/

Here's the massive thread on r/smashbros about Ryu, Roy and Lucas.

I got me one last week and bought two Mii costumes. Got $18 something left, so I'm definitely getting the characters. Not sure what to do with whatever's left.

It took an 1 and a half of going in and out of the game, but I finally got the DLC to show up. It took about 30 minutes just to be able to buy it. I got all 3 characters for the Wii U version and Dreamland 64 and the inkling costumes for Wii U.

Edited by God of Lightning