Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: EVERYONE is here!

God of Lightning

Justin was not undefeated. He was the undisputed best player, but not undefeated, not even close really. And that is literally the only example you gave and then said "and that's just fighting games" like you gave a whole list. Justin's Marvel 2 dominance is the only thing even comparable to ZeRo in the FGC.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mistake. I remembered it wrong. As for the other thing, I'll admit I can't think of anything because as far as competitive scenes go, I've really only been paying any attention to fighting games and that's only been for about 3 or so years. I just find it hard to believe that out of all the games that've ever been played over so many years, there's been no one to come close to what ZeRo's done.

• 2 weeks later...

People saying Goku has a chance now are delusional. He's not a video game character. While Samurai has been loose with his rules of must originate from video games and must be on a nintendo system, he's stuck by them. He's also flat out said it won't happen on multiple occasions.

As for Cloud, it took me a good few minutes to recover from that and I'm not even huge into FF and I'm not even 10 hours into FF7.

People saying Goku has a chance now are delusional. He's not a video game character. While Samurai has been loose with his rules of must originate from video games and must be on a nintendo system, he's stuck by them. He's also flat out said it won't happen on multiple occasions.

As for Cloud, it took me a good few minutes to recover from that and I'm not even huge into FF and I'm not even 10 hours into FF7.

I agree. Heck, I go by Gokuguy elsewhere, and even I know Goku has no shot.

• 4 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/674589393080991744

*hype train intensifies*

Also, that 20XXTE mod that just recently released has helped me improve at Melee so much as well as having friends who are competent at Melee teach me teching skills. I recommend downloading it for those who want to improve on Melee skills.

Though, I don't find it too hard to transition from Melee to Sm4sh at all, tbh, because I play the same characters on Melee as I do in Sm4sh.

I bought the 20XX memory card and my "training partner"/guy I play with is the second best player in the state so I have gotten pretty good at Melee. Almost to the point where I can't play with my regular friends anymore without destroying them every time I try at all so that's kinda sad. Maybe one day they'll take me up on my offer to get them gud.

Edit: Also the actual 20XX mod is better for practicing than Tournament Edition. TE is still amazing (especially for tournaments obviously) and more accessible but the actual mod that was intended for practice has some more useful features that TE didn't include.

Edited by Grenade.

I bought the 20XX memory card and my "training partner"/guy I play with is the second best player in the state so I have gotten pretty good at Melee.

Nice. Does he travel to tournaments/have any matches up on YouTube?

I wish I had someone to heavily practice Melee with. Unfortunately, I only have one friend who plays Melee, and we only play like once a week, tops.

I bought the 20XX memory card and my "training partner"/guy I play with is the second best player in the state so I have gotten pretty good at Melee.

Nice. Does he travel to tournaments/have any matches up on YouTube?

I wish I had someone to heavily practice Melee with. Unfortunately, I only have one friend who plays Melee, and we only play like once a week, tops.

I'll look but he doesn't really travel anymore. Our number 1 got 65th at Big House 5 which was like a 2,000 man tournament and only lost to 2 known players though so apparently we're not as bad as some might think.

And most regions have Facebook groups where you can find people to play with. That's how I found good players.

Edit: Was going to say I finally found a set where he plays semi serious then he went Game and Watch game 2 so idk. The end of Game 3 is cool though. I actually can't find a set where he plays his Sheik which is his best character. But yeah any videos of DualCats on this YouTube channel is him.

Edited by Grenade.

That Game 3 ending was nice. Didn't expect him to pull off such a slick, quick comeback.

So who's your guys' favorite Smasher? For me, it's a tie between Armada and PPMD. I love PPMD's Marth, and Armada's Fox is insane when he's playing on point. His semi-recent Winners Finals match against Leffen at Eclipse was disgusting.

I've been playing a lot of Pac-Man and Little Mac lately and I think I've been getting better results with them than Palutena, especially Pac-Man. Still get wrecked in FG, though.

Pac-Man is *censored*ing scary if he's used right. Watch Abadango's Pac-Man in high-level play, the set-ups into kills you can do scare the *Censored* out of me. He's a very underrated character in the game and in terms of competitive play too.

Little Mac is deadly in the right hands. I'm a Mac main and I know how to use him efficiently, but he never will get his chance to shine because of For Glory people who can't use him right and his polarizing game in competitive play.

Palutena is a weird character in general, at least I think. She does have a great air game but there are a lot of glaring weaknesses about her that don't really make her useful against rushdown characters or characters without any projectiles. She will shine against certain projectile characters, but she just doesn't have the tools to beat others. Her up smash is damn godly, though, but I'm not a fan of her special moves.

ZeRo breaks her down pretty well here:

With Mac, I just learned to be a little more patient instead of just rushing in head first. I've also messed with him in training a few times and even with my skill, I've found you can do some fun stuff with his aerials provided you're good enough to actually pull it off against someone, which I'm not.

Pac-Man, I admittedly started using after seeing that one Pac-Man combo video. I still can't pull most of that stuff off, but it has helped me learn how to be a little more creative with the fruit and other projectiles. I also don't stopped relying on the fire hydrant so much, mainly because I still haven't learned how to make use of the water.

I'll get around to the ZeRo video, but for now I'll just say I hate auto-reticle and counter is boring. I like warp because I just like teleporting and reflect barrier is pretty fun to use. I like her smash attacks, but they're way too slow, so I stopped using them as much. Now I mostly use grabs, aerials, and dash attacks.

Fun fact:Marth was originally supposed to be in Smash 64.

Edited by God of Lightning