Branching Storylines False Adverstising by THQ ?

Broski Barrage

Ahhh, That's the thing about advertising. They never said you were always gonna get them or get them a lot.

This.

And if they did get them all the time, they'd be bored by now.

They'd want more cutscenes and storylines by now.

Can't get cutscenes?

Play the game differently.

Play with superstars you rarely do.

Can't get a 2 count? Or a 3 count sometimes?

Work to damage more than 2 limbs during a match.

Don't finisher fight the whole time, then get to the end and wanna' limb target or submission your way out.

If that shit worked like it does on TV, we'd all be complaining.

SWITCH IT UP-

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for the 100th time I am not bashing THQ this time its a legit gripe with them on something advertised in a trailer that has yet to ever happen and they can't explain it well enough to help us.

i don't think you're bashing thq at all.. this game was falsely advertised in more ways than one... i don't ever see any drama unfold i don't get any branching and i can't even get the computer to kick out at a 2 count..

Please explain the false advertising.

Allow me to show you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVEatrUQ4kQ

No ones universe is like this. In fact, even the ones that get the so caled branching storylines only get the damn handshake. And those that said they got that scene said nothing occured after it. All these options shown in this trailer are from Story DEsigner so the trailer itself is false advertising promoting Story Designer options as if its the same for Universe when its not.

Ahhh, That's the thing about advertising. They never said you were always gonna get them or get them a lot.

This.

Can't get cutscenes?

Don't finisher fight the whole time, then get to the end and wanna' limb target or submission your way out.

SWITCH IT UP-

Dude, seriously, people are trying to discuss a matter. Stop with the obvious trolling.

This.

Can't get cutscenes?

SWITCH IT UP-

Dude, seriously, people are trying to discuss a matter. Stop with the obvious trolling.

:facepalm:

That was a serious post-

I've played TONS of universe matches....TONS. I'm starting to think that unless you leave everything default - just Raw and SD and the default roster with one WWE PPV per month - that it doesn't work at all. I get the feeling that too many show, too many rosters and especially, too many PPVs stop things working as well as it might do otherwise.

It's broken. It wasn't tested properly and it's a certainty that THQ were well aware of this issue before release. If they played it for more than 10 matches while testing, they'd see two things stand out - no 2 counts and no cutscenes (well, except handshakes).

I have no idea how the damn pin fall thing past them up. Its like they said "*censored* it. We'll deal with it later."

I think they're not/weren't equipped to make these games. They don't have the funds nor the time. That shows when they leave in obvious flaws and then play innocent later pretending not to have noticed it.

It's perhaps not strictly false advertising...more deceptive advertising. Hook you in, fool you long enough to get you to part with your money. And before someone says "well, that's business!" - it's not. Business is creating a strong product and advertising it well enough to get attention and thus sales.

This.

Can't get cutscenes?

SWITCH IT UP-

You make it sound so obvious when in reality, its not. The 2 counts are non existent, even when you work on more than one part of the body.

Same for the universe matches. What's your solution for the people who have done this method with no reward?

I have no idea how the damn pin fall thing past them up. Its like they said "*censored* it. We'll deal with it later."

I think they're not/weren't equipped to make these games. They don't have the funds nor the time. That shows when they leave in obvious flaws and then play innocent later pretending not to have noticed it.

It's perhaps not strictly false advertising...more deceptive advertising. Hook you in, fool you long enough to get you to part with your money. And before someone says "well, that's business!" - it's not. Business is creating a strong product and advertising it well enough to get attention and thus sales.

correct and to be blunt it shouldn't be done this way. I went and filed a complaint with the BBB Because i just felt i was getting nowhere, Aubrey Blocked me on twitter, he tried to ban me on the THQ Forums site just for asking questions kinda like how they were asked in this thread.. he's the type of person that gets mad when he gets called out on BS I told him if he has a problem with addressing Consumers complaints then maybe he was in the wrong business and he should stick to his comic books. Needless to say he got mad lol

Aubry is a stuck up ass same as Ledesma. Does thq pick these guys off the streets or something

Cory wasn't as bad before Aubrey came.. he actually used to answer my questions from time to time.. alot of it has to do with that Matt Black i've come to see.. Who is a THQ Fanboy nonetheless everytime someone says something that has to do with any type of negativity towards a WWE Game He goes off the deepend and blocks them his last statement is always "You can always trade it in"

i think somehow he has some sort of influence towards Cory not sure how when he doesn't even work for thq but he seems to know stuff that's been revealed behind closed doors. (he knew that championship editor was in at summerslam and he knew about DDP being a dlc exclusive back in march) but seriously that guy is a stuckup sob

Aubrey's problem is he's like the opposite of marcus.

Remember how people would cuss out marcus and marcus would just take it? His way is to cuss those same people back and then block them and say their opinions doesn't matter lol

On the last live stream he said that the reason why people were complaining about him spamming the running ddt/neckbreaker was that they were jealous of his skills and needed to learn to block/reverse... LOL YEAH SURE sorry for the long post i had alot of time to kill at the moment

I have played maybe over 2,000 matches in universe. Yeah I play a lot it's all I ever play. I've only gotten 1 branching storyline to turn on a tag partner and the options were not visible. I get all the same shit from wwe 12. I've not seen anything new , even more so the storylines that ran in wwe 12 made more sense to me than the 13 ones. My universe has gone through many variations even at one point an all attitude , then attitude mixed in with modern. I only run 2 brands and 2 ppvs a month.

This.

Can't get cutscenes?

SWITCH IT UP-

You make it sound so obvious when in reality, its not. The 2 counts are non existent, even when you work on more than one part of the body.

Same for the universe matches. What's your solution for the people who have done this method with no reward?

Im sorry but they are not, i get a lot of 2 counts (not on leverage pins) in regular moves and pins! not the same amount of 1 counts but i'd say i get 1 2 count in every match without using Leverage pins, using it then theres a lot of them.....

I've had 3 choice scenes and each time all choices are invisible

This happens to me as well - oddly enough, all three have happened on my ECW brand, and all 3 have happened involving my Dudley Caws.

I've only played through about 2 months of Universe Mode, but I took the time to set up all 5 ally/rival spots for every superstar on every brand. I've got 3 shows running (WCW, WWF, ECW), with 30 wrestlers in each brand. As a result, I get a cut scene every match or two, and have had ongoing feuds already - including CAWs.

As to whether they're new cutscenes or not, I'm not sure. I didn't play wwe 12, and wwe 11s cut scenes were few and far betweeen.

I think what is bigger bullshit is that divas get no storylines!!! I have an all divas Shimmer brand, played 6 months and didnt get a single cut scene other than the shake hands, not shake hands one after a match. So I get sick of the gender restrictions and use hacks to convert my diva caws into male ones and all of a sudden boom, almost every match I'm getting a cut scene. It is appalling how sexist THQ is.

So basically just like in real life? lol

Archived