Baseball Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not Clemens?

The courts can say whatever they want, but I always had that sneaking suspicion that Clemens was on something and he's hiding something. Have you noticed the excessive blinking he has made in interviews about specific questions? Little things will tell you the whole story. That's how I knew A-Roid was lying about being on roids when he was questioned about it.

John Kruk worded it best: "If (Clemens and Bonds) they don't get in, then who does? It was a horrible era, but it was an era and baseball needs to recognize it."

Yeah, Bonds tainted the history of the game, but he was the best of baseball's drug users when it was open-season for everybody to cheat. Baseball's popularity sky-rocketed at the expense of steroid-use, and the candidates will always have an asterisk by their name, so "hall of fame" has neither positive or negative connotation in this sense. They made an impact that changed the game. I don't condone testosterone enhancement, but the paranoia will never stop now that the drug has become so common. Barry Bonds not in the Hall of Fame just doesn't sit right with me. It's a Hall, not a locker.

They should allow Pete Rose into the hall. He's served the time and besides, he's should be in as a player, not as the manager that gambled on his team. Also let Mark McGwire in as well. He was putting up great numbers as a young player and actually admitted to using PED's and isn't lying about it like Bonds and the other guys.

Not only that you don't know who used steroids before the 90s so why start caring now?

That reminds me of Daniel Tosh's quote "We'll put an asterisk next to Barry Bonds' name, sure, as soon as we put one next to Babe Ruth. Getting to break records before black people were allowed to play? Excuse me, where is that asterisk? Let's see how he would fair with CC's 92mph fastball."

Not only that you don't know who used steroids before the 90s so why start caring now?

That reminds me of Daniel Tosh's quote "We'll put an asterisk next to Barry Bonds' name, sure, as soon as we put one next to Babe Ruth. Getting to break records before black people were allowed to play? Excuse me, where is that asterisk? Let's see how he would fair with CC's 92mph fastball."

Yeah, because it's totally fair comparing players today with those 80 years ago...

Yeah, because it's totally fair comparing players today with those 80 years ago...

Exactly, the game changes. Everyone had equal circumstances.

Archived