Baseball Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man just move the Marlins to another city and get this thing over with. Every time they win a championship they just sell off all their players, and when they try to build up a team and it fails they sell off all their players all while the fans don't show up to the games. Sometimes I think Florida is not a good place for sports teams.

R.A. Dickey wins the NL Cy Young Award! :)

WOW. You know Giancarlo Stanton is the next one to go.

Trade to the Mariners for Blake Bevan, Hector Noesi, James Paxton., Mariners then announced they signed Hiroaki Kuroda.

^20$ on that.

I can top that offer.

Johan Santana (eat 60-75% of his contract), Zack Wheeler*, Wilmer Flores*, Rafael Montero*, and Cory Vaughn for Giancarlo.

*-Top 5 prospect in Mets system.

Hell no. I'm still numb after the Jason Bay screw-job, I don't want the Mets to buy a big bat for another 20 years.

Tell me you're not seriously comparing 30-something year old Jason Bay to a 23 year old sure thing like Giancarlo Stanton with ungodly power who's only gonna get better. I've seen him play at Citi in person and trust me, he makes the park look smaller than it is. Stanton is THE man you build your franchise around. He led the NL is slugging (.608) and had 37 HRs in 123 games (would've had 45-50 if he didnt get hurt).

Trade to the Mariners for Blake Bevan, Hector Noesi, James Paxton., Mariners then announced they signed Hiroaki Kuroda.

^20$ on that.

I can top that offer.

Johan Santana (eat 60-75% of his contract), Zack Wheeler*, Wilmer Flores*, Rafael Montero*, and Cory Vaughn for Giancarlo.

Okay you win, you can have him. Plus he's in the NL, I wouldn't wanna take the risk seeing if he can switch to the AL long term, especially when Chuck Armstrong the president of the Mariners says they got more money to spend (Not counting the money that came off the books with Ichiro/Leauge/etc leaving) and we'll sign Hamilton. He'll stay in the AL West where he's blossomed, he'll be in a smaller market, and with the fences coming in, it'll be even easier for him to hit HRs at Safeco which he hasnt had trouble with anyways. And I think having a big bat like Hamilton could benefit the younger mariner's hitters who need a big bat to cause pitches to pitch more to them.

^20$ on that.

I can top that offer.

Okay you win, you can have him. Plus he's in the NL, I wouldn't wanna take the risk seeing if he can switch to the AL long term, especially when Chuck Armstrong the president of the Mariners says they got more money to spend (Not counting the money that came off the books with Ichiro/Leauge/etc leaving) and we'll sign Hamilton. He'll stay in the AL West where he's blossomed, he'll be in a smaller market, and with the fences coming in, it'll be even easier for him to hit HRs at Safeco which he hasnt had trouble with anyways. And I think having a big bat like Hamilton could benefit the younger mariner's hitters who need a big bat to cause pitches to pitch more to them.

Well, you're not gonna be enthused about this piece of news

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/zduriencik-mariners-unlikely-to-pursue-josh-hamilton.html

^20$ on that.

I can top that offer.

Well, you're not gonna be enthused about this piece of news

http://www.mlbtrader...h-hamilton.html

Part of me is bumed part of me is kinda glad, I'm still sour about Richie Sexon but then again Bavasi was the stupidest GM in history and not just for the 6-1 player trade for Bedard that included Adam Jones who if we had maybe some thing would of been different. I'm going to agree with what most are saying and say, it's not done, but not likely I do not want Upton either one, I don't like Justin's spilts and I hate BJ's attitude. It's hard to see where they;re going but if a trade is a big option they're looking into I remain somewhat hopeful.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived