Sean O'Haire

Reverse DVD

While the site didn't opened for me last week, I was watching promos and I found with promos of a guy called Sean O'Haire. In this promos he's shown like "The Devil's Advocate", but the guy didn't got the right push. If you didn't saw any of his promos, here are some.

The question is: What was wrong with the guy? The guy is big, strong, agile and it can cut a good promo by the looks of things. I wonder how far could he went in the WWE.

Sean is awesome i have liked him since he teamed with Jindrak against Rey & Juvi and won i wouldn't mind him coming back and going for the IC or US title

This guy was the future of WCW.
I'll say you this if WCW didnt went out of buisniss this man would have had one hell of a wrestling carreer.

The reason O'Haire didnt succeed was because creative didnt have any ideas form him after Piper was released in mid 2003.
This man should have be on the top of the WWE but creative didnt know what to do with him so they released him.

Its really a shame because O'Haire was unique in the ring and could cut good promo's.

Im a huge O'Haire supporter ever since his debut in WCW and too see that happen to him just sucks.

What happened was that he was stuck on a brand with way too much talent. Rhyno,Ultimo Dragon,O'Haire,and other couldn't advance due to the fact WWE was already pushing guys like Benoit,Eddie Guerrero,Cena, Zach Gowen, and others. There's just only so much talent you can push on a 2 hour show. Its a real shame since SD! at that time was stacked with talent,they pretty much had the WCW's best cruiserweights before the promotion folded,had some of the best technical wrestlers ever,some good brawlers,hell they had it all.

He also had the best swanton bomb the business has ever seen.

I thought he'd make it huge in WWE, his WCW career showed he had potential and the Devil's Advocate was great, only bad thing was somehow they figured he couldn't get over so they put him with Piper who left months later due to a disagreement and O'Haire spent the next year on Velocity.

I think right now he's retired from MMA since he had a possible career ending injury, couldn't believe when I saw a picture of him a few years back and he was real fat and out of shape compared to before.

Damn i miss this guy he was a major under used talent, I liked where they were going with his Devil's Advocate gimmick, but yeah he was stuck in a rut admist the other talents when his was here, hope they give him another chance someday

and his theme song was a good one, which would never be any legit or logical reason for that matter he was not pushed and released there are plenty of craptastic ones being used now and these guys are not being depushed or released for having them,lol

[quote name='capricornscott' post='4541951' date='Jul 5 2008, 01:02 AM']What was the purpose of these promos? And were these shown during WWE?[/quote]

There was a movie with Keanu Reeves & Al Pacino called the Devil's Advocate, O'Haire was preaching like Pacino did in that movie in a way & yes this was when he was in WWE

[quote name='Spyder78' post='4541336' date='Jul 4 2008, 08:54 PM']Damn i miss this guy he was a major under used talent, I liked where they were going with his Devil's Advocate gimmick, but yeah he was stuck in a rut admist the other talents when his was here, hope they give him another chance someday

and his theme song was a good one, which would never be any legit or logical reason for that matter he was not pushed and released there are plenty of craptastic ones being used now and these guys are not being depushed or released for having them,lol[/quote]
right now would be a good time to sprout back into the wwe. i mean they would definitely have something for him.

Why didn't O'Haire get pushed?

Three letters, folks. W-C-W.

In all seriousness, I want everyone here to count off the number of WCW and ECW ( Before the new brand ) guys from The Invasion that got a decent push.

Booker T went from a 3 time WCW World Heavyweight Champion ( That last reign on the last episode of Nitro is kinda.. Iffy. ), to 5 years of midcarding before winning the WHC with a really bad gimmick.

Rey Mysterio only got pushed because Eddie died, and if Vince hadn't cashed in on that one, then Rey would've stayed in the upper midcard, tops.

And.. Thats about it. If O'Haire had started in the WWF, mark my words he'd still be there and in the main event by now. But because he was from WCW, he was disposable talent.

[quote name='Dazz' post='4539945' date='Jul 4 2008, 03:02 PM']He also had the best swanton bomb the business has ever seen.

I thought he'd make it huge in WWE, his WCW career showed he had potential and the Devil's Advocate was great, only bad thing was somehow they figured he couldn't get over so they put him with Piper who left months later due to a disagreement and O'Haire spent the next year on Velocity.

I think right now he's retired from MMA since he had a possible career ending injury, couldn't believe when I saw a picture of him a few years back and he was real fat and out of shape compared to before.[/quote]
do u still have the picture? soudns kinda hard to believe.

[quote name='Carpenter' post='4543855' date='Jul 5 2008, 06:17 PM']Why didn't O'Haire get pushed?

Three letters, folks. W-C-W.

In all seriousness, I want everyone here to count off the number of WCW and ECW ( Before the new brand ) guys from The Invasion that got a decent push.

Booker T went from a 3 time WCW World Heavyweight Champion ( That last reign on the last episode of Nitro is kinda.. Iffy. ), to 5 years of midcarding before winning the [b]WHC with a really bad gimmick.[/b]

Rey Mysterio only got pushed because Eddie died, and if Vince hadn't cashed in on that one, then Rey would've stayed in the upper midcard, tops.

And.. Thats about it. If O'Haire had started in the WWF, mark my words he'd still be there and in the main event by now. But because he was from WCW, he was disposable talent.[/quote]
what made it a bad gimmick? King Booker was a huge success. Also you forgot a huge list of guys from WCW and ECW that had good pushes in WWE whcih I won't bother listing. If your just counting Invasion guys you forgot Storm and Tajiri who's WWE career didn't have stellar end ,but in most of the time they were either holding a title or they were a featured player in the programming.

Don't you think the fact that O'Haire was in a brand full of big man wrestlers and the fact that the roster was already pushing so much talent played a role on his spot on the card. Or the fact that that when he was ready to return WWE was debuting a lot of heels and there was no place for him.

[quote name='JTS' post='4539717' date='Jul 4 2008, 11:27 AM']What happened was that he was stuck on a brand with way too much talent. Rhyno,Ultimo Dragon,O'Haire,and other couldn't advance due to the fact WWE was already pushing guys like Benoit,Eddie Guerrero,Cena, [b]Zach Gowen[/b], and others. There's just only so much talent you can push on a 2 hour show. Its a real shame since SD! at that time was stacked with talent,they pretty much had the WCW's best cruiserweights before the promotion folded,had some of the best technical wrestlers ever,some good brawlers,hell they had it all.[/quote]

Thanks for the laugh....

Well, I know he was trained by piper, so that answer 3/4 of the questions. I bet as soon as piper left Sean O'haire was probably, dropped, he quit for unknown reasons, or, simply he didn't want to be a wrestler any more

[quote name='jefffan' post='4556388' date='Jul 8 2008, 12:38 AM']Well, I know he was trained by piper, so that answer 3/4 of the questions. I bet as soon as piper left Sean O'haire was probably, dropped, he quit for unknown reasons, or, simply he didn't want to be a wrestler any more[/quote]

O'Haire was neevr trained by Piper, they just stuck him with Roddy to try and get him over because they stupidly thought the Devil's Advocate gimmick wasn't gonna work. Once Piper quit O'Haire spent a year on Velocity before getting injured then released.

Sean O'Haire was awesome, he was full of talent, had an awesome move-set, an awesome titantron. I don't get how WWE didn't know what to do with him. I always wanted him to team with Steven Richards. I think they could have been an awesome team. He could of also feuded with the Undertaker, then he could of got really over.

Archived